Dustin's New Bike Thread

Dustin

So I got t-boned on the 919 by a little old lady in a Chrysler today -- I'm absolutely fine as it was at pretty slow speed. She did a number on my 919, though. It's out of service at the moment and I'm having insurance deal with it.

So! With that brings the potential for a write off which brings potential for another bike! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

I'd love to get some ideas from ya'll. This would be a replacement for the 919!

I think I only have three requirements:

Centre stand
Givi rack
Used, under $8000

Let's see what you guys got :sinister:

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't clarify. This is the 919 that took the hit. The scooter was safe and sound in the garage because I planned on riding into the city after work tonight, to see my girlfriend.

First, glad you're OK!!!! Whew!

Here's my contribution!

3TAmil-01LOGO.JPG

Can you get a used Multistrada at that price point? That was the bike you said you wanted a couple months ago.

Or, it just so happens your price point puts you right in with a brand new Fz-09 (8000 is the US price, don't know what it is in loons)

Or

Don't know what the Givi option is.
2003 Triumph 955i Speed Triple

This one comes with the Givi bag
Triumph Tiger 900 1999

Since you're not big on crazy hp
2007 Kawasaki Versys 650 *loaded

Pretty color scheme l
**** 2007 Honda VFR800A interceptor ****

Well, I have seen some great deals on low mile gen 1's lately. Both in Portland and Seattle so you wont have to go far! You have to admit the old gen 1 is still a sexy beast!

First off, I'm very glad you are OK and I'm sorry about the 919. OK, now for new bike talk! :Rockon:

You've never had a Gen II FZ1. I know you can get one of those for well under your price and have plenty left over for hard cases, seat, suspension, exhaust, windscreen and a few other mods. I even know a few guys that could tell you anything you need to know about it. :hook2:

You might find a used FJR in your range, but I don't think that's the type of bike you are looking for. What about a Ninja 1000? Oops, no center stand.

Maybe a Grom. No center stand, but you can just lift it... LOL :box:

I really like the FZ-09, but again no center stand. Maybe you can add one. :dontknow:

I vote Gen 11 FZ1 so how does this affect your ride coming up? You still doing it?...nevermind just saw your other post I was going to ride with you.

Last edited:
Back