Bridgestone T30

Can't hurt to try! All you're doing is giving more grip and feel and confidence to the front end and wearing out your tires together as a set. I'd definitely do it if I lived in a warm climate or only rode in mostly dry weather

I'm pretty happy with the dry weather performance of my T30 front.

It's very confidence inspiring at big lean angles and when running at a decent pace.

I was also thinking about using a Hypersports front but eventually decided against it after talking to the Bridgestone rep.

They design the tyres to work together as a pair.

I'm pretty happy with the dry weather performance of my T30 front.

It's very confidence inspiring at big lean angles and when running at a decent pace.

I was also thinking about using a Hypersports front but eventually decided against it after talking to the Bridgestone rep.

They design the tyres to work together as a pair.
I understand they do, and I'm sure Michelin does as well. However I loved the pilot power 2ct front and road 2ct rear more than roads front and rear. Wondering if it would be the same with the bridgestones.

Decisions decisions. I've got 1k left in my current tires then I need to make a decision lol

Last edited:
If it were me, I would not hesitate to run the combo. As Dustin stated, I run the Dunlop Q3 and RS2 combo. I have been told the T30 rear plays well with the Q3 with a very complimentary profile. The teller rides way fast.

Well I ordered the tires today. S20 Evo front, and T30 rear. Going to be removing my current tires sometime next week and getting my rear wheel powder coated, then when that is done I will update with what I think of the tires. I am pretty stoked, hoping to get some more mileage out of them than my current Power 3's which have been flawless and amazing but I feel they are more tire than I need.

Anyone here tried the t30 rear with an s20 front? Is that necessary? Im coming off a set of pilot power 3's and love them. Just looking for a little more mileage.
Went through the front S20 in 3800km. Great tyre but wore out the sides too fast in the speedy twisty stuff!

Now @2500km into a T30Evo front and the rear T30R is at @8000km. The front is great. Slower than the S20 due to its big round profile but the grip is there and it is wearing really well. Nice and even all over. The rear is starting to get a little squirrely around the compound transition when hot but nothing spooky.
At a decent clip, the T30 combo is just as good as Angel GT combo which was my favorite twisty touring tyre combo, and is much better in the wet and cold. On a recent ride, local Coast to Coast Twistybutt, where we ride from sea level to 2200m, 5-30deg.C, plenty of squirt and hard braking where many tyres have overcooked in the past. It is the 5th almost exact route and climate I've done which makes it a fair tyre torturing control test.
Year 1 - Front - Pilot Pure, Rear - Pilot Power
Year 2 - Front - Q2 , Rear - RS2
Year 3 - Front - S20, Rear - BT023
Year 4 - Front - Angel GT , Rear - Angel GT
Year 5 - Front - T30Evo, Rear - T30R
Interestingly, this year I did a scout of the route out n back a few days before the big event with a BT016Pro up front. It was quicker turning and gave more feedback than the T30Evo but the grip levels of the 2 were on par. Big difference was in wear. 60% of that BT016Pro disappeared in @1200km. Was a fun 1200km though! Did @2000km over the following days of 90% twisties and the front T30 lost about 30% of its skin and although slower than the 016, it did nothing but inspire confidence. For now, this combo is top of the touring pops for me.

My T30s are currently at 14,500 km / 9000 miles and I'd say just about finished. There's definitely still some mileage left in them but they are not quite as confidence-inspiring as they once were. I will put some photos up later showing the wear on both sides. Oddly, it's the front that has worn most quickly and also there's been some uneven wear with it as well.

My T30s are currently at 14,500 km / 9000 miles and I'd say just about finished. There's definitely still some mileage left in them but they are not quite as confidence-inspiring as they once were. I will put some photos up later showing the wear on both sides. Oddly, it's the front that has worn most quickly and also there's been some uneven wear with it as well.

I'd love to see you run Dyna Beads in a set of these to see if there may be a difference in wear and mileage.

I'm running the T30's with the beads as I have always done. I probably only have about 1,100 miles on them now as I haven't been able to ride as much as I'd like to. Either rain or threat of rain and busy weekends doing other things. Now I'm finally moving out of the Bronx come next month so I should get more riding in. I'm 20 minutes closer to the mountain too! Bonus!

On the front did you notice the shoulder of the tire is worn faster than the center? That is what mine always do, and I mostly ride in straight lines on the freeway to work and back....

I'd love to see you run Dyna Beads in a set of these to see if there may be a difference in wear and mileage.

I am pretty interested in this. I am getting my rear replaced this Friday, I wonder if the difference would be worth the extra cost? I do not change my own tires, I bring them to the local shop, but I imagine they can sell and install the beads for me.

On the front did you notice the shoulder of the tire is worn faster than the center? That is what mine always do, and I mostly ride in straight lines on the freeway to work and back....

For me, not with a single compound front. These tires are more worn on the front centre than anything else.

Last edited:
I'm running the T30's with the beads as I have always done. I probably only have about 1,100 miles on them now as I haven't been able to ride as much as I'd like to. Either rain or threat of rain and busy weekends doing other things. Now I'm finally moving out of the Bronx come next month so I should get more riding in. I'm 20 minutes closer to the mountain too! Bonus!

Good luck on your move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty interested in this. I am getting my rear replaced this Friday, I wonder if the difference would be worth the extra cost? I do not change my own tires, I bring them to the local shop, but I imagine they can sell and install the beads for me.

I'm not sure what the cost is at the tire shop, but for me, I already have the install kit which you only buy once. I've had it for the last 4 bikes so I only buy the 3ozs. of beads which is less than 10 bucks. I've only used the Dyna Beads on my last 5 or 6 bikes and have never had an issue with balance at all. Any tire I've had replaced was because it "squared off" from commuting and not from tire wear. I've always had meat left on my tires at time of replacement, I just couldn't stand the slower turn in from having my rears square off on me. Even when I was running the 016's I had almost 6,000 miles on them when I swapped them out and was right at the wear bars. Now I'm on the T30's so I'm curious to see if they maintain their shape a bit longer than the sportier tires. So far I'm loving them. Being that I've only run beads in all my bikes, I'm curious to hear from riders that always run lead weights and have changed over to beads to hear their impressions. I also like the fact that I only need to have the shop mount the tires and set the beads and I'm on my way. I get the wheels home and remove the stems, let them air out overnight, and install the beads the next day and air them back up.

Sounds like they did their job to me, you got some excellent mileage out of them.

The uneven wear is probably due to taking more rights than lefts or visa versa.

Thanks Lonney! I can't wait to finally be out of this neighborhood. It will be the last I see of it too as I will never venture south again! No more GW Bridge, Cross Bronx Expwy, etc. Now I'll be heading into PA via 287 to 78. Much nicer ride.

That sounds great Billy . I hope to see you at Thunderbolt in a couple weeks .
Ps i still have monoblock sliders for you if you want them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, photos!

Rear tire:

It's a bit squared off now but generally even wear. No issues.

Front tire:

You can see at the arrows where the tire wore most. It's quite noticeable and is even on both the left and right side as you can see by the second photo. I guess this is due to the nature of the tread design but it does make the bike a little wobbly at low speeds.

Back