Bridgestone T30

I recently switched to the T30's on my CBR500R. I have ridden 70K miles on various tires from PR3's to PR4's to S20's to Q3's and one more that I can't recall at the moment. The T30's are awesome tires for my skill and need. I ride 7 days a week, year round. Unless I have the flu, I'll be out riding either commuting to work or carving canyons on the weekends. I like the T30's because they provide the same level of grip for me as the Q3's but have much longer tread life. The Q3's were sticky but didn't last very long and they also were tearing on me. The PR3's and PR4's............not worth the added cost for me because I NEVER have gotten over 10K miles on a tire because I always end up running over a nail or screw or bolt or SOMETHING that ends the life of my tire prematurely. I have had to accept that I live in Los Angeles and there is crap on the roads everywhere. So for me going forward, the T30 is my go to tire. It is MUCH cheaper than the Pilot Roads and still sticky enough for my level of canyon carving. I have about 3,500 miles on them at the moment and they look barely broken in.

Finally got a chance to try out the tyres today.

I did around 220klms which was a mixture of highway miles and twisties.

I'm very happy with the tyres so far.
They warm up quickly; have high levels of grip, and the tyres have a very sporty profile; they tip into corners quickly and smoothy.

I ran them at 35f 38r psi and they felt pretty good at those pressures.

I did a few laps of the Garie to mid entry point run in the Royal National Park and gave it a fistful in areas.
No complaints; the bike went where it was pointed with no slips or arse puckering moments.

I'm impressed with them so far, I'll update some more once I have a few thousand klms on them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you like them and I'm looking forward to some more updates. When I hit the 5000 km mark, I'll post up some photos of the rear tire as a mileage indicator.

Finally got a chance to try out the tyres today.

I did around 220klms which was a mixture of highway miles and twisties.

I'm very happy with the tyres so far.
They warm up quickly; have high levels of grip, and the tyres have a very sporty profile; they tip into corners quickly and smoothy.

I ran them at 35f 38r psi and they felt pretty good at those pressures.

I did a few laps of the Garie to mid entry point run in the Royal National Park and gave it a fistful in areas.
No complaints; the bike went where it was pointed with no slips or arse puckering moments.

I'm impressed with them so far, I'll update some more once I have a few thousand klms on them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would like to add, when I first fitted my T30's I ran the psi at 40r and 36f for a few days then dropped the rear psi to 38 then 36. I Ran them at 36r and 36f for a while to get a good idea and feel for these tyres. After some time now I've raised the rear to 38 psi and dropped the front to 35 psi. I found 36f was a little hard and light feeling. At 38r & 35f I find this much better for normal riding to fast road riding. So I'm staying with 38r and 35f for all round riding.
These T30's are much better than I expected. Great in the wet and fast warm up times. Grip level is good enough to thrash about like I did on the battlax sport tyres. Thumbs up from me for the T30's

My Rear T30 after 4300 Miles:

20141211_085630_zpsjqwapzdn.jpg

That's quite a bit more wear than I was expecting from the T30. What are your tire pressures?

Not sure, I will have to check when I get home. I ride mostly freeway in the straight line, hence the huge flat spot in the middle of the tire.

I am either going 80mph when traffic is flowing fast, or I am going between 30-40 when Splitting lanes.

I can only imagine that higher speed causes more wear than the lower speed. When Splitting I tend to put around in 6th gear.

I think this tire looks great for the mileage.

FWIW, I ran the previous version of this tire (BT-023) and had 9300 miles before I picked up a puncture. The amount of tread left in the centre was enough for easily another 3500 miles. Bridgestone claims 20% better mileage with the T30, thus my surprise.

I've got 2500 miles on my set at the moment and they look nearly new still

Dustin i think Canadian tires must have more tread on them because i dont get half the mileage you get !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustin i think Canadian tires must have more tread on them because i dont get half the mileage you get !!

I generally can get good life out of my tires but the BT-023 was shocking even for me. Maybe I'll get lucky and the T30 will do 15,000 miles out of the rear! :)

If only that were true :(

My riding buddy has a VFR and his rear tire seem to last quite a bit longer than mine do. Could the 50 hp difference be the culprit? :dontknow:

Last edited:
There's a lot of factors. I got 10,000 km from a rear Pilot Power 1 on my FZ1 as well, even with a lot of high speed riding and generous use of the power

Ok, here's the rear tire at 4000 km (2500 miles)

TZsrDq2l.jpg

As you can see, the centre has a lot of tread and almost no noticeable flattening. I think I might wear the sides out first by the look of the shoulder grooves

If only that were true :(

My riding buddy has a VFR and his rear tire seem to last quite a bit longer than mine do. Could the 50 hp difference be the culprit? :dontknow:

It's how you use the hp that helps eat up tires. I have ridden with Dustin more than once, he is a smooth mellow rider so tires will last longer. I seem to enjoy rabbit starts and stops with tons of compression braking for corner entry. In other words I do not ride for tire mileage but rather the hooliganisum that is in my blood.:sinister:

My tire bill is larger than Dustins because of my wrist.

It's how you use the hp that helps eat up tires. I have ridden with Dustin more than once, he is a smooth mellow rider so tires will last longer.

I think this is exactly it. I definitely don't ride with fistfuls of throttle and I ride in a smooth way. Half my riding last year was Interstate when I did the ride to Austin. I also live in a climate that's cold and wet compared to a place like California and that must play a role as well.

Last edited:
Just an update:

4000 miles on the set now and the rear is just starting to get squared off. This is more likely just because it's winter and I spend most of my time commuting. I think once I start riding twisty roads the tire will round off again. As far as tread depth, there's still a lot to go. At this rate, I don't see why I can't get 8000 miles from the rear

I started to notice the sides of the rear tire were getting a little lip on the trailing edge of the grooves. I sent a photo to loosenut and he gave me some advice on rebound settings and I'll keep an eye on it to see what develops. The front is wearing fine.

I'll update again at 6000 miles and post photos as well :)

Last edited:
Back