Bridgestone T30

New Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T30 EVO

Looks like these only just made their debut in Europe a month ago. I'm quite curious to read the reviews on this as the T30 is slowly becoming my favourite tire and if they've improved wet grip, I'm all for that! :) I'll probably see about putting a set of T30 EVOs on my bike next time around

Last edited:
Had mine for about 1000 miles, perfect, great dry grip, don't do wet days so can't report. You can lean right over with confidence. clever tyre. Check out Ron Haslam school, they use em.

I just replaced my front T30.

I got 11,860 miles out of it. :jaw drop:

I probably should of replaced it a few hundred miles earlier, I had not noticed the metal showing in a spot until I actually was taking a close look at my Leaking Gasket Issue. But I would say the front is good for a solid 11k when commuting like I do.

I think some photos of the tires with that mileage would be great! :)

I failed to take any pictures before I brought the wheel into the shop..... my bad. Lets just say it was not good at all.... lol.

Interestingly the main line of the tire was still fresh, it was the shoulders that wore more, the bit where the braiding was showing through was on the right shoulder (facing forward on the bike), I can only guess from there being many more Right hander freeway off ramps.

I notice the BT023 before it did the same thing.

Well, since everyone here seems to like them, I got in under the wire for the Bridgestone $40 rebate on the T30's that ended March 31st. I've been running the Dunlop Q2's on the Ducati and was considering going with the Q3's, but they are really more stick than I need and only last a bit over 4K miles. While I liked the Q's, I think the Bridgestones will be perfect with the wide range of temps I ride in and the extra mileage. Ordered on Monday and they arrived today from Rocky Mountain ATV & MC. $228 - $40 (rebate) got the tires to me for $188. Not bad.

Looking forward to your impressions! I got the same rebate as you last year and it's hard to believe you can get such a good set of tires for $190

Last edited:
I'm loving my T30's.

Here's a pic of my rear tyre after 3000 klms; they are wearing really well and give good feedback and the grip levels are excellent. The front is pretty awesome too.
I'm currently running them at 35 psi front 39 psi rear.

Might be a month or so before I get them on and have any comments. The Ducati is not even at our house for the moment. With Lytehouse getting a new bike and not selling any of her others yet, we ran into a bit of a capacity problem in the garage (fortunately we have family with garage space in town).

Ok, 8000 km/5000 mile update

Rear centre. You can see the wear bars to give some indication of the rubber left
VOu813yl.jpg

Rear side. You can really see the seam between the harder and softer compounds
hAMx79nl.jpg

Front centre
ns53qMVl.jpg

Front side
zm06d4ll.jpg

Hope these are helpful :)

Ok, 8000 km/5000 mile update

Rear centre. You can see the wear bars to give some indication of the rubber left
VOu813yl.jpg

Rear side. You can really see the seam between the harder and softer compounds
hAMx79nl.jpg

Front centre
ns53qMVl.jpg

Front side
zm06d4ll.jpg

Hope these are helpful :)

Very nice wear Dustin! I put only 15 or so miles on mine today but am loving the turn in on new rubber. Hopefully now that the weather is good and all the salt has been washed away from all the rain, I'll start putting some real miles on my set. I'll let you know my thoughts once they have been scrubbed in a bit.

Hi there, ive had my T30's a while now and I've tried different psi in them to find the best grip and turn in. I started off with 36f 42r and it was far too hard on the rear and I didn't like the feedback at lean angles. A road racer and tuner I know that does the TT told me to try 36f & 35r. I tried this but didn't like the rear feedback, it felt squirmy. (Maybe as I wasn't at race speed all the time to get the heat in and be increasing the psi) So I increased 1 psi at a time on the rear back to 41 psi. At 38 psi it felt so right and the feedback was excellent. I did this a few time to make sure 38 psi was best. I also put the front down to 35 psi and it felt so much better. Over the last 6 months or so and through winter ive run 35f 38r and everything feels just fine even in the wet and tyre wear is fairly even. With the roads warming and the tyres holding heat better now the feel and feedback is so inspiring and confident. For a sport touring tyre the T30 is unbelievably good and I'm not wanting for super sticky race stuff that I normally use. I rate the Pirelli super corsa for balls out looney riding but they wear she sides off soo fast. I got 1400 miles in the summer from those. Great but too expensive for the miles. The T30 is not too far off once there warm, not as good but for the miles and grip you get ill be using them again for sure.
So try 35F & 38R see what you think.

Cheers
Delta.

So I went out and used my handy dandy tread depth gauge on the T30s which are now at 9000 km/5600 miles.

Front tire: 8 mm in the centre, 10 mm on the sides
Rear tire: 10 mm all around

Pretty uniform wear but I wonder if the front will go before the rear.

Anyone here tried the t30 rear with an s20 front? Is that necessary? Im coming off a set of pilot power 3's and love them. Just looking for a little more mileage.

Anyone here tried the t30 rear with an s20 front? Is that necessary? Im coming off a set of pilot power 3's and love them. Just looking for a little more mileage.

I know loosenut runs a Dunlop Q3 front and Roadsmart II rear and loves it. I thought about trying that set up as well but seeing now that my front tire is actually wearing more quickly than my rear, I don't think I'd try it. Also, I ride in less than favourable conditions and would like the added grip and confidence the ST front brings

Back