Bike I am going to look at tomorrow

Someone put this in my thread asking if I should pull the trigger and it makes sense. "If you feel the deal is good for YOU, who cares what everyone else thinks".

Exactly! Everyone has a different idea of what is reasonable to pay & everyone has different amounts of spendable income.

I know lots of people who will only buy bikes brand new, and that's great because it keeps the bike market busy. I see the appeal of having a brand new bike. Imagine not having to worry about the previous owners, maintenance and having everything as the factory intended straight out the door--that's really appealing even to me.

I'm just too broke to ever consider buying new, and I don't think I've ever paid more than $4000 for a bike in the last 7 I've owned.

I called on this bike:
Yamaha 2008 FZ1

It has some nice after market stuff on it.
It is listed for $4995
They also stick you for $364 of fees

If I was local to Charlotte, NC I would be interested but it would cost another $600-$700 to ship it.

You could fly out then ride it back. Air fare and gas to get home would still be cheaper AND you'd have a story to tell us all! :D I saw that same one. It is a NICE bike!

You could fly out then ride it back. Air fare and gas to get home would still be cheaper AND you'd have a story to tell us all! :D I saw that same one. It is a NICE bike!

Yea, fly out with some saddle bags and ride it back home ;) However, I guess this time of year he would still have to worry about what Mother Nature would send his way while on the road.

Yea, fly out with some saddle bags and ride it back home ;) However, I guess this time of year he would still have to worry about what Mother Nature would send his way while on the road.

No.... just take his time and arrive in Colorado Springs around July 4th... :tup: :sport12:

Look at what I found for you!!!!!

Yamaha : FZ - (item 180637215809 end time Mar-13-11 19:18:50 PDT)

Even at the asking price it's not a bad deal considering the mileage. I would offer $5500 and ride it home :D

I called the guy and offered him $5500, looks like I may pick up the bike tomorrow evening. It is pending approval of seeing the bike and agreeing that it is in good condition.

Thank you for the tip. :woot:

That other bike in Charlotte looked very good too, with all of the mods. But this one I can go see, it has less miles and I don't have to ship it.

The cheapest quote I got between Charlotte and Colorado Springs was $575. All the prices are going up with fuel being more expensive

Last edited:
Just saw that ad last night and couldn't believe it's in the Springs. Looks like a sweet bike and a great deal. I'm a little jealous since that's exactly the bike I will be on the hunt for in a few weeks (08 Granite Gray), but I'm psyched for you. I hope it works out. Congrats!

There are some great people on this forum and I really appreciate the help in finding that bike. The two best bikes that were in my consideration were both bikes I did not find myself. That 2008 FZ1 in Charlotte is a nice bike too, a few more miles but it has some nice mods, probably around $1700 worth. I spoke to them the other day and they took the PC(not sure if they had a III or V) because it was not functioning. :woot:

These pics are not very good, I took them after I parked the bike in the garage. Thanks again to Tony for the headsup on the deal. The bike came with frame sliders even so I don't need to get any. Nice to be back on a bike. Nice to be back on an FZ1 :thewave:

Nice bike, some model as my 07 Fazer but mine is blue with silver motor.The asking price is cheap here with $US to $NZ, here it looks to be a $12 grand NZ Fazer.

Back