Bike I am going to look at tomorrow

I'm with Eric, no title no deal. My friend Ed has done such deals by going with the seller to the bank that holds the loan but if it's not local I guess that won't work. And like Eric said, if they don't have the balance of the cash you still can't get a clear title. Hold out if you can for one with clear title. Hopefully it will come along soon.

In Colorado, I don't think you can get the title until the lien is satisfied. But, if there is a lien on a vehicle, there is some kind of notification sent from the finanacial institution to the DMV to let them know that the vehicle can be registered. In my case, I will be paying cash for the bike.

In Colorado, I don't think you can get the title until the lien is satisfied. But, if there is a lien on a vehicle, there is some kind of notification sent from the finanacial institution to the DMV to let them know that the vehicle can be registered. In my case, I will be paying cash for the bike.

Just remember Cos, that no matter how badly you want the bike, that there are many others available, so take your time and make sure that the deal will go smoothly and that you won't have issues later on. Be patient and remember that you have time and can certainly pass on this one if need be. You certainly don't want to hand over your hard earned cash and then have to rely on this guy to pay off his loan before you can get the bike on the road. If it takes him a long time to get it done, if he ever gets it done, you could have found another deal and been on the road already. Trust me that I have learned to be patient even if it means looking all over again if it means less headaches. Good luck buddy!

Like how about this baby. It;s a little far away but I bet he'll take $5500.

2009 FZ1 Yamaha FZ 1 FZ-1 R1 1000cc

I have seen this one in AZ before, my older sister actually lives in the same city. I would prefer a closer bike that I can actually see. I emailed him...we'll see.

Got email back from owner of the bike I went to see today, his bottom price is $5800. Just gonna let that one sit for now.

This should be made into a soap opera :)

I have seen this one in AZ before, my older sister actually lives in the same city. I would prefer a closer bike that I can actually see. I emailed him...we'll see.

Got email back from owner of the bike I went to see today, his bottom price is $5800. Just gonna let that one sit for now.

Good decision Cos, you won't regret it. Something better will show up.

No soap opera at all. I for one love watching my forum buddies get a new bike. Makes me feel a little bit like I'm getting a new bike each time. Could your sister get a look at the bike for you? It seems like one of the best buys on an FZ1 I've seen and he's got some really cool stuff on it. I don't know how he got that scratch but it looks like he side swiped something probably moving around in a confined space, not dropping it though. For the price I'd still take it and get it touched up somehow.

BTW, if I'm bugging you just tell me to cool it, lol. I was just thinking, my friend Rollie just had his VStar shipped from MA to Fl for $475 and it arrived in an 18 wheeler in perfect condition right to my door so if someone could vet it for you then you could just have it shipped. Just sayin'...

I appreciate your input, no worries there, its like going bike shopping with a group of friends.

It made me smile when you pointed out that bike in AZ because I had seen it a few times before. I just wish it were closer. Unfortunately, about all my sister would be able to confirm that the bike exists, but it would stop there. If they reply to the email, I might be able to find someone down there to check it out but that would cost some more money.

Yesterday when I heard that FZ1 startup and twisted the throttle a couple of times, I knew I wanted an FZ1.

There are a couple of FZ1's closer:
2009 Yamaha FZ1 for sale in Colorado Springs, Colorado - CycleTrader.com
This one is at a dealer, they have it listed for 8K, but they said they would take 7K Its a 2009 with about 1800 miles on it, completely stock.

Another one here:
2008 Yamaha FZ1
I spoke to him, I think he would take 7K but not much less.

Both of these local bikes have been listed for 10 months or so.

I just got back from walking my dog....its warm enough for a bike ride.

Last edited:
like me with my new car, if you keep looking you will find a deal that you are happy with. New is nice, but the right used is a better deal. Someone else took the first year hit that way.:tup:

I just saw this one pop up in Denver. It's 2nd in the listing, so it's easy to miss.

Basically, 2007 FZ1 - Red - 7500 miles - $4900 OBO - Worth a look if you like the color.

2003 xr 80 2007 fz1

-------
EDIT:

I just saw that the FZ1 in your avatar is red, so I'm guessing the color wouldn't be an issue. :) Good luck.

Last edited:
I just saw this one pop up in Denver. It doesn't come up in a search for "fz1" since it's listed as "fz 1" - it's also 2nd in the listing, so it's easy to miss.

Basically, 2007 FZ1 - Red - 7500 miles - $4900 OBO - Worth a look if you like the color.

2003 xr 80 2007 fz1

-------
EDIT:

I just saw that the FZ1 in your avatar is red, so I'm guessing the color wouldn't be an issue. :) Good luck.

Well if it's red it would have to be an '06 or an '08, not an '07 (unless it was repainted). For an '08 with that mileage $4900 seems like a good starting point. For an '06 a little overpriced.

I know what you mean about starting up the FZ1 and knowing it's the bike you want. After trading mine and then getting my hands on an '07 FZ1 I had an instant smile once I took it for a test ride.

I know what you mean about starting up the FZ1 and knowing it's the bike you want. After trading mine and then getting my hands on an '07 FZ1 I had an instant smile once I took it for a test ride.

I just hope Michele gets the same smile when she gets out there for the first time too! ;)

Back