Bike I am going to look at tomorrow

Its a nice bike but I would talk about the price though. I got a 2008 1500mi red with leo vince and pc3 and ca everything back in december otd for $5,800 at a dealership so see if he can move a little, not sure if thats the going price for your location. Hope everything turns out im sure you won't be dissapointed

Perfect! Very clean looking bike and if you're like me you'll be delighted to have the FZ1 back in your driveway. I agree with papa. See if you can get the price down to about $5000 if possible. Tell 'em Norm sent you, lol.

The 2008 FZ1 I purchased previously, had around 1700 miles and I paid $4300 and he gave me some gloves and a carbon fiber helmet to go with it.

It looks like a very nice bike. He obviously didn't ride it a lot with those miles but I'd start no higher than $4500 and go to $5000 if I absolutely had to. As nice as they are, they just plain don't bring that much money from a private sell. I'd also check his maintenace log and if he doesn't have one, I'd tick him for that. I always have a maintenance log I can show a prostective buyer. His chain should look like new if he's taken care of it. Just do a really good once over it like you know what you're doing or take someone who does.

I've been looking at that one as well (I live in Colorado Springs) though I'm not yet ready to buy. Based on the others in this area that have sold, I think the price is a bit high, but it's also been out there for a while and has had the price lowered at least once already, so I bet he's ready to deal. Good luck!

Oh, and as far as the other deals/prices you guys are posting, these are amazing! We definitely aren't seeing those prices around here in Colorado. I've seen an 06' with 3K for 4800 and an '08 with mods and 9K for 5200 - those are about as good as it's getting around here - and those were off-season. There's one joker here asking $7500 for his '08 with less than 1K. I guess if we keep waiting, eventually good deals will come along.

Looks clean, but priced to high.

I wouldn't pay over $5,000 for it.

There's one joker here asking $7500 for his '08 with less than 1K. I guess if we keep waiting, eventually good deals will come along.

I called that guy once, I think he would have come down to 7000 but that was it. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I should have never sold the one I had. Good luck in your search.

I called that guy once, I think he would have come down to 7000 but that was it. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I should have never sold the one I had. Good luck in your search.

There's a few of us now that have done the same thing. I appreciate mine even more now and I'm sure you will too.

Thanks! I'm probably a month or two away from being ready, but that doesn't stop me from patrolling Craigslist like it's a side job. I hope it works out and you are able to get a great deal. It looks like a very clean bike. Good luck!

Well I went and took a look at the bike. The owner of the bike was not there, just his dad. I asked about the maintenance logs, they don't keep them but they said they change the oil every 1K (I did not laugh). The chain looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time. The dad said that he thinks he owes $6K on the bike still, so he did not think the price would change much. Did not get to ride it because he was not there. The plastics look good, the bike does not look like it has been down or dropped. I think it is still on original tires. He had replaced the original blinker with other blinkers that I did not care for. The blinkers he had replaced them with did not appear to be very attention getting to me. I will have to see if the price is very negotiable, I was hoping for a better price.

No clear title? Walk away and keep looking. If you pay him less than what he owes, and he agrees to it, he STILL has to pitch the remaining funds to pay it off and get the title. This means you cannot register the bike and use it until the title is in. Please, keep hunting and steer clear if they are not holding the title.

Good point Eric. He has to check his DMV to find out what the rules are when it comes to titles with leins. I know in NY you CAN transfer a title and register a motor vehicle with a lein with no problem. The lein will just follow the bike wherever it goes. But that's NY and some states may NOT allow titling without a clean title. My Honda Shadow had a lein through GE Capitol and I was able to register it here in NY. Once the PO satisfied the lein, he gave me the receipt and I mailed it in and they sent me back the clean title. Bear in mind that this was a close personal friend and not some stranger. In this case I'd be careful and check the rules and regs as to what they are allowed to do.

Back