Bike I am going to look at tomorrow

I'd be shocked if she didn't Eric. John rode the FZ1 yesterday and today and then my nephew took the FZ1 for a spin tonight and we still can't get the the smile off their faces.

Just got off the phone with this guy. He was not sure if it was a 2006 or 2007, ...like Tony said, its red, so its a 2006. He bought it used from a lady whose husband passed away. Nice guy...even though he drives a Harley.

Well, he's looking to flip the bike for a healthy profit... but he's way over priced. Here's tonight's snipit from NADA for the '06. I'd offer him $4k for it and not a whole lot more... if he settles under $4400, then you might have a decent deal. Good luck!

attachment.php

Jumping in with a question for all, isn't the 06 FZ1 the year the throttle response was real snatchy(sp)? Would he be better with an 07 on up? OR with money saved on an 06 , do the power comander?
I bought my 08 used with professional tuning completed so I don't know about stock bike, just what I was told by a Yamaha dealer about the 06

Jumping in with a question for all, isn't the 06 FZ1 the year the throttle response was real snatchy(sp)? Would he be better with an 07 on up? OR with money saved on an 06 , do the power comander?
I bought my 08 used with professional tuning completed so I don't know about stock bike, just what I was told by a Yamaha dealer about the 06

That is what I have read in multiple places.
I haven't ridden a 2006.
Some people have purchased a later ECU for a 2006 or put on the Ivan's FCE.
Because of this issue, I am looking at getting a 2007-2009 model.

That is what I have read in multiple places.
I haven't ridden a 2006.
Some people have purchased a later ECU for a 2006 or put on the Ivan's FCE.
Because of this issue, I am looking at getting a 2007-2009 model.

Yes, '06 had the throttle issue, but some riders might not even notice it. Only under certain conditions is it apparent. My '06 already had the FCE installed when I bought it so don't know how bad it really was from the factory. All that being said I wouldn't pass up an '06 just because of this issue if the price was good. An FCE is only $200 so cheap enough to do...:2cents:

I heard back from the owner on the 2007 FZ1 that I saw on Saturday.
He will come down a little bit to $5500.
Based on local prices on what's available right now, I may go this direction if we can figure out the title stuff.

Based on local prices on what's available right now, I may go this direction if we can figure out the title stuff.

Well that's still a little high IMHO, but if you want to assure yourself of having a bike right away come Spring then do it. Just remember that a few more will come up for sale once the weather starts warming up a bit so don't rush into anything if you don't feel 100% comfortable with the deal.

Well that's still a little high IMHO, but if you want to assure yourself of having a bike right away come Spring then do it. Just remember that a few more will come up for sale once the weather starts warming up a bit so don't rush into anything if you don't feel 100% comfortable with the deal.

Yeah, I think it is a little high too.
There just aren't as many options close to where I live right now and the options that are available are more than this one. My thinking is that with weather getting warmer, prices are likely to increase as demand increases. The best deal is in AZ that Norm pointed out and there are some good deals in TX but that would mean buying a bike I have never seen and having to ship it which would probably add around $600.

In reality that's not an unreasonable price given that it's half the price of a new one with all the fees they'll add on at the dealership. And, like you said, you've been able to vet this one yourself so you know you'll be happy with it. Plus the longer you keep it, the less the purchase price becomes that critical. So, just don't trade it away again. If I trade mine again Eric has permission to slap me across the head.

I was thinking that I was going to buy the original bike I put in the posting. Some scheduling conflicts are going to prevent that for a couple of weeks. That's ok, its still winter and it gives me an opportunity to look at other options.

I bought my 07 almost 2 years ago for $5900 and it had ASV levers, Targa FE, Tank Pad, Micron Slipon, Aftermarket turn signals and 4000 miles. Rode it 180 miles on the interstate back home in rains :D

I thought I paid more when Satan666 sold his similar miles bike, with full R1 mods, custom parts and performance mods for $5500. Even with $500 shipping that would have been a much better deal. And a few months down the line I saw even much better deals than that.

You should not pay more than $4500 for that 07.

Some people may call me stupid, but I don't care.

If I didn't trade in my Gen1, my 2010 would have been around 10,400 out the door. They gave me 3300 for my Gen1, so out the door it was 7100. The bike was 9600 marked down a little as it was heading into winter and the buying season was ending. However, I could have gotten a better deal on an 09 Leftover but I wanted the black and gold. The only color I would settle for was the 2010 Raven, and that is what I got, brand new 0 miles.

Someone put this in my thread asking if I should pull the trigger and it makes sense. "If you feel the deal is good for YOU, who cares what everyone else thinks".

5500 is NOT that bad at all, especially from where I am located.

Good luck with what you do man!

I called on this bike:
Yamaha 2008 FZ1

It has some nice after market stuff on it.
It is listed for $4995
They also stick you for $364 of fees

If I was local to Charlotte, NC I would be interested but it would cost another $600-$700 to ship it.

Back