Arrow headers are INSTALLED!

Just got the email... delivered! And within two minutes, Michele IM's me and says "UPS just dropped off the headers!" :yes:

Is it time to leave work yet? :wilynily: :sinister:

I'll be following this as I have a MIVV Suono Carbon slip-on and want to pair it with the Arrow header.

I just got my 2012 so I've JUST gotten started! Only 355 miles on her.
:thewave:

BTW, I'm a new member here but have been active on FZ1OA for about 8 years! Another good FZ1 side to feed my sickness!

Last edited:
I'll be following this as I have a MIVV Suono Carbon slip-on and want to pair it with the Arrow header.

I just got my 2012 so I've JUST gotten started! Only 355 miles on her.
:thewave:

BTW, I'm a new member here but have been active on FZ1OA for about 8 years! Another good FZ1 side to feed my sickness!

Welcome! And congrats on the new ride!

I looked at local companies for a quick turnaround but no one offers the Jet-Hot guarantee which is TREMENDOUS! This is the ONLY set of headers I'd ever have to buy for this bike. I've already determined that if something terribly wrong happened to this bike, I'd go find a new/used replacement without question and bolt all of this stuff on and keep riding.

About the head home... finally the day comes to an end. We are SUPER busy here and I need to wrap up projects now so I have free time for riding later!

Got to say this.... WOW! These are a better quality build than I expected for the money... I guess I expected "cheaper material" but these are substantial! The fit and finish of these are excellent off the bike. I can see that they will easily be a great fit on the bike as well.

I've sent off an email to Jet-Hot to get a few more questions answered and once he's gotten back to me, I'll ask for an invoice. I'm packing them back in the box minus the hardware and paperwork and will ship them out before the end of the week. These are going to be KILLER when they are coated and installed.

More to come in the next couple weeks! Oh, and Michele got both bikes registered today. :bowdown: I'm going to try a couple of interim maps while waiting for all of this to happen and get to the dyno. Let the riding season begin!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

SWEET!!!! Now how long is the turnaround time??

They state 3 - 5 days in the shop then factor in shipping time to/from. I am considering sending them 3-day select and including the return shipping label pre-paid for them to use. That would make this about a two-week process. I have to see how much that will cost.

:Rockon: I have a feeling this will be the best riding year for the FZ1 EVAH! :D

So, maybe a silly question, but the ceramic coating...is it just for looks or is there some other benefit that I am not aware of?

Well in the case of mild steel it helps with corrosion. In all cases it helps to retain the heat in the pipes, which leads to a slight power increase. This is probably most noticeable in automotive applications since not as much heat gets released under the hood by the headers.

Well in the case of mild steel it helps with corrosion. In all cases it helps to retain the heat in the pipes, which leads to a slight power increase. This is probably most noticeable in automotive applications since not as much heat gets released under the hood by the headers.

;) Actually the ceramic coating (remember, they are coated inside too!) repels heat which keeps the exhaust gases hotter and the pipes cooler. This increases the gas flow through the pipes which improves performance.

I'm not as interested in the looks as I am in the performance and corrosion resistance. After buying a quality set of headers, I want them preserved for the life of the bike. Jet-Hot offers a lifetime warranty... great investment to protect a vulnerable part of the bike. Now, when they come back with the killer look as well, all the better right?

;) Actually the ceramic coating (remember, they are coated inside too!) repels heat which keeps the exhaust gases hotter and the pipes cooler. This increases the gas flow through the pipes which improves performance.

I'm not as interested in the looks as I am in the performance and corrosion resistance. After buying a quality set of headers, I want them preserved for the life of the bike. Jet-Hot offers a lifetime warranty... great investment to protect a vulnerable part of the bike. Now, when they come back with the killer look as well, all the better right?

Arrow makes sweet headers! You didn't do the coating for the looks??

Honestly, IMHO coating them is not in the least bit necessary to have a long lasting and well performing product. The stainless is good quality and the welds are lovely to look at. Similar to the Akrapovic header in their full system, time and use only brings out the nice gold hues to the stainless without any damaging corrosion. Any gains from heat retention will be very minor. Why would you cover over the quality work unless you wanted something like a blacked out theme?

My Yosh R77 full system performs wonderfully but leaves a bit to be desired with the stainless quality. Time and use brings out spotting on the headers. They also aren't as pretty to look at as the Arrows. I could see coating them to eliminate the spotting. . .From a design perspective the Yosh headers are reported to give a bit more midrange than the Arrows which are almost identical in geometry to the Akra headers. . . .

Arrow makes sweet headers! You didn't do the coating for the looks??

Honestly, IMHO coating them is not in the least bit necessary to have a long lasting and well performing product. The stainless is good quality and the welds are lovely to look at. Similar to the Akrapovic header in their full system, time and use only brings out the nice gold hues to the stainless without any damaging corrosion. Any gains from heat retention will be very minor. Why would you cover over the quality work unless you wanted something like a blacked out theme?

My Yosh R77 full system performs wonderfully but leaves a bit to be desired with the stainless quality. Time and use brings out spotting on the headers. They also aren't as pretty to look at as the Arrows. I could see coating them to eliminate the spotting. . .From a design perspective the Yosh headers are reported to give a bit more midrange than the Arrows which are almost identical in geometry to the Akra headers. . . .

I have to agree with you...if it were me I wouldn't coat them either. They are already ss so corrosion is not really an issue. There may be slight gains in power with the coating, but we're not talking 10 HP. Even if it turns out to be an extra 2-3 HP , I doubt that you'll be able to notice that on a 150 HP bike.

And my main concern from previous experience is that the coating wont look as nice after a while, especially close to the exhaust ports where the headers will get the hottest.

Really think about it Eric because what you'll spend getting them coated can almost pay for the tune. Plus you can always coat them down the road (next Winter) if you wanted to.

Back