Arrow headers are INSTALLED!

Ballmead, did MotovationUSA use your photos for their site? The pic on their product page is the same one.... or is that not your pic?

Forget the end of the week, I just placed the order for them. $460 with free shipping. Going to inquire for the ceramic guys now.

Next stop is the Dyno!

Yep, they used Ballmead's pics on the site.

Re: Coming soon...

Ballmead, did MotovationUSA use your photos for their site? The pic on their product page is the same one.... or is that not your pic?

Forget the end of the week, I just placed the order for them. $460 with free shipping. Going to inquire for the ceramic guys now.

Next stop is the Dyno!

Yeah mate, they asked me if they could use the photos as they didn't have any good ones to use at the time.
My bike is world famous lol

Sent from my SG3

I spoke with the local shop who does ceramic coating... They offer a 3 yr warranty and the price is $250.00.

So, I contacted Jet-Hot and sent them the info and pics. Jet-Hot warranties the ceramic coating for life. If it fails in any way during the first year, they re-coat and pay shipping both ways. If it fails after one year, I ship to them, they re-coat and ship back to me on their dime. Cost? $250.00 plus shipping to them only. The return ship.

The Arrows are ordered and once here, the 7 pipes will be sent to Jet-Hot! Same price with a lifetime warrantee? I'm in!

These will be coated inside and out. Check out the coating here: Jet-Hot Extreme 1300 | Jet-Hot Ceramic Coatings

Cobalt, I want your bike. Sounds like a great deal. If I ever get the $ to do what you've done, it will sound like I'm a copy cat, but that's just because you've done all the good stuff. :Rockon:

I expect some video to guide me through what you've done. That's going to be a bitchin' bike. :icon_beer:

tumblr_m3q5aqMfzp1qefvypo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Crap! So for another $100 bucks I could have shipped mine to them and have it done correctly rather than the bogus job they did on my supposedly Ceramic Coated Headers! If I had the extra time and cash I would have removed them and sent them in. Oh well, live and learn! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Hey Eric,

If those Arrow headers work as well as the Yoshimura, then you are going to love them. The power on my bike is much more meaty from 3K up.

Hey Eric,

If those Arrow headers work as well as the Yoshimura, then you are going to love them. The power on my bike is much more meaty from 3K up.

It would be interesting to compare them side by side. As long as they have nice long primaries they should be very close to the performance of the Yosh. Either way they will be better than the stock headers.

Too funny, I'm leaving the office right now to drop parts off at Jet Hot.

That is right! They are right in your neighborhood Pete.

One question (for all) is would you do the 1300 or 2000 temp? I selected 1300 when filling out the questionnaire online. The reason I did not select the 2000 is because it was described as a "rough and gritty surface" so I'm thinking "How does THAT improve exhaust gas flow?"

That is right! They are right in your neighborhood Pete.

One question (for all) is would you do the 1300 or 2000 temp? I selected 1300 when filling out the questionnaire online. The reason I did not select the 2000 is because it was described as a "rough and gritty surface" so I'm thinking "How does THAT improve exhaust gas flow?"

Not sure that the 2000 degree one would be applied to the inside as I'd have the same concern as you. Just be aware that even with the 1300 degree one you may get some discoloration near the head after a while, especially if you're running a little lean. This is not anything other than a cosmetic issue as the coating will still be fine. I point this out as that was my experience years ago with a ss car header that I had ceramic coated.

Not sure that the 2000 degree one would be applied to the inside as I'd have the same concern as you. Just be aware that even with the 1300 degree one you may get some discoloration near the head after a while, especially if you're running a little lean. This is not anything other than a cosmetic issue as the coating will still be fine. I point this out as that was my experience years ago with a ss car header that I had ceramic coated.

Thanks Tony. As soon as the headers are in, they will be shipped to Jet-Coat. After installing them on my bike afterward, the bike immediately heads over to the Dyno shop for a custom tune. Outside of a possible Ivan ECU flash, this is the last planned mod for the bike for performance thus this map should be "the one" for this bike.... at least I hope anyway! ;)

, the bike immediately heads over to the Dyno shop for a custom tune ;)

Think about loading the Duke averaged/Papa Geno map before you drop it off.
Should be a pretty good map for your mods. That may speed up the custom tune and save your bike some unnecessary wear and tear on the dyno.

Maybe even save you a few bucks if its real close and they get your bike dialed in quickly.

Think about loading the Duke averaged/Papa Geno map before you drop it off.
Should be a pretty good map for your mods. That may speed up the custom tune and save your bike some unnecessary wear and tear on the dyno.

Maybe even save you a few bucks if its real close and they get your bike dialed in quickly.

Thanks. I did look into several map choices, even got the Graves FULL map from their site. But, I think I'm going to let them give me a tune that works for this bike with all these mods in place. They are charging me $250. I plan on sharing it with Duken and whittlebeast to help their causes. They've certainly helped a lot of people! I will plan on getting it to them when the weather is going to be a good day. I plan on riding it home from there... about 50 miles of fun! I plan on changing the oil just before loading it on the trailer. I'll make sure the chain is properly adjusted and lubed, air pressure in the tires is perfect and she is ready to roll.

Cannot wait to have this all wrapped up and just enjoying the ride. Yes!

Hmmmm..... Time to call Jet-Hot for an invoice!

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 03/26/2013, By End of Day

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 04/01/2013, By End of Day

Guess we should see some pics tonite :D

Yup... the before pics. I'll be unboxing and re-boxing the 7 pipes minus the hardware and shipping out to Jet-Hot tomorrow. Pics when they get back, then pics when they are installed. Cannot wait for this and the custom tune.... finally!

Back