Arrow headers are INSTALLED!

Absolutely! I love to wrench on these! You'll not be far away at all. :tup:

If I don't go broke buying my retirement home... I will contact you to take advantage of your offer.... even if I don't get any wrenching done... I will ride up to NH just for shits and giggles!

If I don't go broke buying my retirement home... I will contact you to take advantage of your offer.... even if I don't get any wrenching done... I will ride up to NH just for shits and giggles!

Sounds like a ride, then home for brews and seared animal flesh. We can host for a night and you can ride out the next day. :D There are some free mods to do. :deal: Didn't you have a Gen I after the FZ6? ;) I missed something here!

Sounds like a ride, then home for brews and seared animal flesh. We can host for a night and you can ride out the next day. :D There are some free mods to do. :deal: Didn't you have a Gen I after the FZ6? ;) I missed something here!

Sounds awesome! I did have a Gen 1 and I crashed it (fun story); bought a CBR1000RR and tried to make it an FZ1 finally sold it and bought a Gen II 45 minutes later! Now I am just waiting for the warmth! It's coming!!!

With remap and header system, is 149 the most HP one can get from a Gen II? Mine is almost stock (and scary above 7k) so I can't imagine the "close to" 200hp those new BMW sport bikes are putting out. Nice to dream though. LMBO!

So, ...... have you had a chance to ride it or try a few maps yet ??? Interested to hear what you think .

Not yet... Weather has been CRAP and the last two days, I needed the truck for things the bike cannot handle. I will get out on it this weekend... don't care what the temp is! Just have to be careful of cold tires. :eek5: :D

With remap and header system, is 149 the most HP one can get from a Gen II? Mine is almost stock (and scary above 7k) so I can't imagine the "close to" 200hp those new BMW sport bikes are putting out. Nice to dream though. LMBO!

Someone had posted a chart showing 152 hp that I remember but don't know who. There are too many variables for each tuner though so who knows what is accurate. The best you can do is to do pulls on the same day with the same temp/humidity with the same tuner on the same Dyno and start adding mods between pulls. Then, you'll know the true HP value of each mod. Of course, you'll need a frick'n bank loan to cover that day on the machine! ;)

Mine has never been on the Dyno so I've nothing to compare to. My goal is to get it on the Dyno solely to create a map that gives me the correct AFR throughout... this will erase any concerns about running lean or rich and should yield the best performance coupled with best MPG for all the mods. :tup:

The final HP number will depend on a number of variables, but yes typically a fully modded and properly mapped FZ1 is anywhere between 145-152 RWHP from what I have seen. Remember that unless two bikes are dynoed on the same day and on the same dyno it's hard to fairly compare them. The dyno software does account for variables such as temperature, barometric pressure etc, but there are still variations from dyno to dyno even from the same manufacturer.

As for that BMW remember that those are figures quoted by the manufacturer are at the crank typically, not the rear wheel measurement that you get from the dyno. A fully modded FZ1 would probably be at 165-170 HP at the crank so still a significant difference when compared to the BMW, not to mention that the FZ1 is heavier.

And Eric looking forward to your ride impression. Sunday and Monday should be decent riding days :)

The final HP number will depend on a number of variables, but yes typically a fully modded and properly mapped FZ1 is anywhere between 145-152 RWHP from what I have seen. Remember that unless two bikes are dynoed on the same day and on the same dyno it's hard to fairly compare them. The dyno software does account for variables such as temperature, barometric pressure etc, but there are still variations from dyno to dyno even from the same manufacturer.

As for that BMW remember that those are figures quoted by the manufacturer are at the crank typically, not the rear wheel measurement that you get from the dyno. A fully modded FZ1 would probably be at 165-170 HP at the crank so still a significant difference when compared to the BMW, not to mention that the FZ1 is heavier.

And Eric looking forward to your ride impression. Sunday and Monday should be decent riding days :)

Those BMWs will make 200+ RWHP with bolt ons. Note the aprox 100hp at 7k on the modded bike in the Dyno chart. Thats about the same as the full package FZ1. Of course the BMW keeps on going loooong after the FZ is done. This is serious liter bike power!

Ok. First ride is in the books for 2013.

Velocity stacks + Arrow Headers + Graves FULL map = WHOLE NEW EFF'N RIDE! Wow, this is a completely new beast. The low and mid-range really woke up and the throttle is now much more linear and immediately responsive! Seat of the pants Dyno says the bike is WAY cooler than ever before. Money well spent because I now have the bike I was looking for!

:tup: :tup:

Ok. First ride is in the books for 2013.

Velocity stacks + Arrow Headers + Graves FULL map = WHOLE NEW EFF'N RIDE! Wow, this is a completely new beast. The low and mid-range really woke up and the throttle is now much more linear and immediately responsive! Seat of the pants Dyno says the bike is WAY cooler than ever before. Money well spent because I now have the bike I was looking for!

:tup: :tup:

Oh and just wait until it warms up a bit and you can really push the bike :D

I am so jealous! Just when I was ready to drop some money into opening the beast up I have to go and make an adult decision and buy a house.... I am hoping that I will be able to save quickly so that I can spend a little and put a full exhaust and Power commander on it... for now, I will live through you!

I am so jealous! Just when I was ready to drop some money into opening the beast up I have to go and make an adult decision and buy a house.... I am hoping that I will be able to save quickly so that I can spend a little and put a full exhaust and Power commander on it... for now, I will live through you!

The house is most important! ;) You'll get there but glad you have your priorities. :tup:

I've heard/read about how all these changes affect the bike but I have to say, until you've experienced it first hand, it is hard to comprehend. I'm serious, this bike is amazing! It's almost like I traded it in over the winter and bought a new beast to toy with. I can feel exactly where the HP was shifted throughout the entire range. Yes, it adds a some on the top-end but I wasn't looking for that. I wanted my available HP to move into the meat of my daily riding. The shift is a huge gain from 3k through to 7k where the bike fell a bit flat all the time. Without these mods, it took hitting 7-7.5k to get that BIG rush. That is still there but now much more linear... much more HP available below 7k and that last leap is "progressive rather than a punch"

I know this is an expensive proposition for a lot of riders. It took me 4 years to get to this point so I know about being patient/impatient.... but put your spare change away and save for this rainy day. You'll fall in love with this bike ALL OVER AGAIN!

Now I want to just RIDE! :yes:

Back