2015 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Rossi has no excuses today. Hope Jorge can get up though . Don't really care where MM ends up. Moto 3 was a cracker. Oliviera wins his 2nd. Great finish by one of the riders (Ajo?) crossing the line literally on his knees next to his bike!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure what I think of that finish. Rossi cut a huge chunk off the corner off the racing line for the win. I hate to say it, but I think MM deserved that win.

Jorge had a great start but not the pace for the win. 5th onwards was a great battle.

Good race and a very exciting finish. I too thought Rossi gained an unfair advantage on the last corner but he did touch Marquez which pushed him wide.

Not sure what I think of that finish. Rossi cut a huge chunk off the corner off the racing line for the win. I hate to say it, but I think MM deserved that win.

Jorge had a great start but not the pace for the win. 5th onwards was a great battle.
No that was a crappy attempt at a pass. Rossi was in the lead and didn't gain position as a result of the run off. M&M was desperate with that attempt.

Rossi was pushed wide and had no place to go than through the gravel, so it's a fair 'diversion'. If he had cut it on purpose that would be a different story. Kudos for Rossi's experience as he kept the bike upright and on full throttle and skipped through the gravel, many riders would have instinctively gotten off the throttle and/or braked and would have bogged down. It should be a fine rest of the season, I think Marquez is out and it will be a battle between Lorenzo and Rossi here on out, I'm surprised Lorenzo was that far off the pace, he was left in the dust.

Wow, what a race! Poor pass attempt from Marquez, he clearly didn't have the pace to beat Rossi today. Neither did Lorenzo, he was way back there! Iannone did very well & the 5th place group was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
I'm a MM fan but that last corner was way too aggressive, he couldn't even stay on the track himself I'm amazed rossi didn't get taken out. Great race though glad I caught it this week

It was the last corner of the race so MM went for it but it didn't pay off this time. Rossi would have done exactly the same but probably would have done a better job of punting the outside rider off the track ala Sete Gibernau

If you haven't seen the moto3 race, the finish for Niklas Ajo was absolutely amazing.
[video=youtube;HlAwo-e8vSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlAwo-e8vSI[/video]

If you haven't seen the moto3 race, the finish for Niklas Ajo was absolutely amazing.
[video=youtube;HlAwo-e8vSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlAwo-e8vSI[/video]

Yeah that was pretty cool ! The first time ive ever seen someone cross the finish line side saddle !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't watched the 3 race yet but it sure was fun to watch Rossi and MM rail through the corners in perfect form. I am amazed how well Rossi is riding at this stage in his career.
MM is know to try to bully his way past others riders but looking close he was in too hot and only because he is such a good rider he didn't lose the bike.
Damn good race.

Rossi was pushed wide and had no place to go than through the gravel, so it's a fair 'diversion'. If he had cut it on purpose that would be a different story. Kudos for Rossi's experience as he kept the bike upright and on full throttle and skipped through the gravel, many riders would have instinctively gotten off the throttle and/or braked and would have bogged down. It should be a fine rest of the season, I think Marquez is out and it will be a battle between Lorenzo and Rossi here on out, I'm surprised Lorenzo was that far off the pace, he was left in the dust.

No kidding, he was smart to stay on the throttle. What a racer. I loved the look back before the wheelie!

Rossi did not cut the track on purpose, Marquez Shoved him off the racing line into the gravel.

Good race and a very exciting finish. I too thought Rossi gained an unfair advantage on the last corner but he did touch Marquez which pushed him wide.

Marquez Touched Rossi, no the other way around.... ;-)

Rossi deserved that win. Amazing!

Rossi did not cut the track on purpose, Marquez Shoved him off the racing line into the gravel.

Marquez Touched Rossi, no the other way around.... ;-)

Rossi deserved that win. Amazing!

Same same... the point I was trying to make was that they touched which made Rossi run wide and yes Rossi did deserve the win.

Luckily (or not?) that corner gives you a nice advantage if you run through the gravel, at any other track Marquez would have taken the win.

I don't think so, it was the final corner of the race so there can sometimes be a touch or two.

It was only a light touch and your hero Rossi has done much worse in the past.

Search Youtube for the final corner pass (and I use the term loosely) on Sete Gibernau back in 2005 at Jerez.

Back