2015 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Moto3 quali was interesting with Fenati doing all he could to get a tow off Kent. It ended up backfiring big time with Kent in 2nd 0.02 off pole and Fenati down in 19th!

MotoGP Jorge - Wow!

Jorge, Marquez and Rossi on the front row. Looking like a cracker race.

Moto2 quali now. Lets see if Zarco will end up on pole and where Rabat and Lowes end up.

That was an exciting qualifying! Lorenzo is looking absolutely unbeatable but he's got to contend with Marquez and Rossi right behind him.

It'll be hard to bet against Lorenzo for the win but it should be VERY exciting

Well Fenati got stung a 3 position grid penalty fro blatantly trying to get a tow from Kent. Loi also got stung, they also miss out on the first half of morning warm up....

Not the best race of the year but it was quite impressive watching Lorenzo work his magic. Interesting battle with Pedrosa, Dovi and Iannone. Rossi and Lorenzo are now tied for the championship!

Again, I think moto3 was the best to watch, even if only a 12 lap sprint to the line after the red flag. Moto2 and MotoGP ended up being a procession, but watching Zarco and Lorenzo bang out those perfect laps was impressive to see. Dovi and Perdosa was the battle of the day. Fenati hasd a good ride in Moto3, I bet he wishes he just went for a quali time on his own now. Hopefully he has learnt from that experience.

What a nerve wracking race! Fantastically entertaining and I am so glad to see Rossi retake the lead in the championship. What a ride from Petrucci!

Miller taking out Crutchlow was pretty stupid, I have to say. Cal looked handy for the podium.

I didn't read any more about Marc's crash but he said he made a mistake. Too bad.

Two weeks it'll be Rossi's backyard! :)

Great race and well done to Rossi. It wasn't a complete disaster for Lorenzo as he still finished well up in the points.
I'm really disappointed in Jack Miller, he still has a whole lot more to learn.
He had good pace early on but made a stupid mistake and takes out himself and his team mate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Zarco is schooling everyone its time for him to move up.
This is the third year of watching the same three or four guys out front .
They need to mix things up a little
Cheerleaders would be nice !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO ROSSI!

What on earth was Jack Miller thinking? That was just a terrible move. I would of been interested to listen in to what Cal had ot say to him after that......

GO ROSSI!

MotoGP News - MotoGP Silverstone: Crutchlow: I wasn

What on earth was Jack Miller thinking? That was just a terrible move. I would of been interested to listen in to what Cal had ot say to him after that......

MotoGP News - MotoGP Silverstone: Crutchlow: I wasn

“I wasn't angry, just disappointed,” said Crutchlow, in surprisingly high spirits in his team's hospitality. “I wasn't angry with Jack though – it was a racing incident and I've done it before and I'm sure I'll do it again. I was more angry at Aleix [Espargaro] when he did it to me than I was with Jack, even though I felt like I could have got a good result today.

“It's easy to say that, but I had a great feeling when I got taken out, and I had a great feeling on the bike this morning. This is racing though. It would have been nice to have a good result here, because both the team and myself deserve it.

“Feeling that good is a rarity, but there's some races where you feel untouchable, and that was one of them. At the time, I was cruising around wondering why they were going so slow, even though we were all right at the limit. I felt like I had a little in the tank and thought that I could have gone with the other guys – and that was always the plan.”

When asked to reveal his feelings when Miller passed him for the first time early on, Crutchlow admitted he regretted not telling the 20-year to follow him while he found his feet in the murky conditions.

“He passed me earlier on in the race as well and I passed him back thinking to myself that normally people who tap the seat unit and say 'follow me' are complete clowns – because they have just as much right as me to be there - but I thought about it then just to tell him to take it a little bit easier. I didn't do it though, and the next thing I know he's plowed into me.

“When he came past in the early stages, I thought 'I'm in a good position and he's made up a lot of ground – there is no way he's going to finish the lap' – and there was only two corners left on the lap! I passed him back, to see if he could keep going on – but at that point he must have passed everyone I had passed too!

“I'd already taken a good bit of time out of him when we'd crashed, but he made up 1.6 seconds in one braking point! He was a long way back.”

Pressed further, Crutchlow refused to be drawn into criticism and instead joked that he would have preferred another rider to have hit him as then he would have been justified having a scrap.

“At the time I got hit, I thought 'please don't be Jack.' I didn't want it to be him – if it was someone else, I could have scrapped with him in the gravel! Jack's a likeable guy, he didn't mean to do it, and he didn't want to take himself out of the race either. There was one point when he hit me though that I thought that I was going to crash and he wasn't, so I was trying to lean on him to make sure he went down as well [laughs].”

Soon after Crutchlow remounted he pitted and changed to his spare bike but soon fell victim at the Maggotts/Becketts complex as the bike was fitted with dry settings.

“I took the spare bike and went, though, because it was still the first three laps of the race and you're able to, so I came in, took the bike, and literally did five seconds on it before I crashed. When I let off the bike, it was on a dry setting, and it didn't do anything – it kept accelerating like a normal dry engine-braking map does.”

The 29-year old went on to joke that he and Miller had previously bet on the outcome of the Moto2 race. However, as the outcome was in Miller's favour, the Australian wouldn't be able to count on receiving his winnings.

“I will tell you the best story of the day though. I had a bet with him on the result of the Moto2 race, and he won because he had Zarco and I had Rins. It was for €100, and I never said anything – I just texted him after the race 'f**k you, I'm not paying you now!' He told me that he daren't ask for it anyway [laughs].”

Misano this weekend! I am ripe with anticipation, this'll be a real treat! :)

Rossi-Misano-2014-1.jpg

Rossi's special Misano helmet

That says it all! :)

I didn't watch qualifying but it Lorenzo is on pole, followed by Marquez and then Rossi, who is only 2/10ths back from Jorge's time! Tomorrow should be awesome!

What a race! I can't believe what I just witnessed; we were squealing the whole time!

I hope Lorenzo is not too hurt, that was a violent crash. Potential wrist injury.

What a race! I can't believe what I just witnessed; we were squealing the whole time!

I hope Lorenzo is not too hurt, that was a violent crash. Potential wrist injury.

Ditto, Pretty epic to see them have to change bikes twice!!!!

Was bummed to see Jorge go down, Rossi was fortunate to get 5th considering how late he waited to swap bikes out.

That Said, Rossi has a very good chance at taking his 10th Title this year. That is pretty exciting.

Aragon this weekend, looking like a good lead up to the race. I hope Jorge can put it on the top step and close the gap and make it an exciting championship.

the colours for the Japanese GP look awesome.

speed-block.big.jpg

This will definitely be an exciting race and also an important one for the championship. It's too early to make predictions but I think Jorge will be very motivated after the disaster of Misano. Can't wait for this one!

Back