3) Maq
4) Dov
5) Ian
6) Ped
7) EsA
8) Cru
9) Smi
10) Vin

I thought Rossi had it but Jorge clicked out a lap faster by just 0.08 seconds right at the chequered flag! Unbelievable. Marquez is best of the rest but trailing the Yamahas by .426

Absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow

From the MotoGP website:

E-Motion IodaRacing Team's Alex de Angelis suffered a heavy crash in the final practice session ahead of qualifying at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit and was taken by helicopter to the Dokkyo Hospital in Mibu for further examination and treatment.

De Angelis crashed midway through FP4, prompting Race Direction to red-flag the session. The rider was reported to be conscious and breathing before being airlifted.

Alex underwent a CT scan and has been diagnosed with lung contusion after preliminary analysis, further checks revealed several rib fractures. A spinal CT scan revealed fractures to the T7-T8-T9 vertebrae, a body fracture to L4 and trasversal process fractures to T2,4 and 8.

MotoGP™ Medical Director Michele Macchiagodena:
"There's a thoracic trauma with bilateral ribs fracture, on the left and the right. He also suffered a head concussion - the CT scan doesn’t demonstrate any damage or bleeding but it still requires to remain under observation for the next days. However what needs more attention is the fact he sustained a lung contusion - we'll have to monitor it closely to make sure it doesn't lead to restricted breathing or any kind of infection. The early checks also report 5 fractured vertebrae, from which three seem to affect the body of the vertebrae - as of now there's no neurological damage but we'll have to make sure those fractures are stable so the medulla isn't affected. For now it needs to be observed closely in order to determine if surgery can be avoided."

Hope he'll be ok

That was a hell of a race! I thought it was going to be another Lorenzo walk off but it seems he didn't manage his tires well enough for the conditions. Pedrosa was so fast in the last half of the race, good for him for getting his first win in over a year.

I think that couldn't have played out better for Rossi who now has an 18 point lead coming into Phillip Island. Oh boy

Last edited:
It sure was. Nice to see P riding well again. He really adds a lot of drama to the race.

It's just nice to see him so happy as well! He's really been a victim of misfortune lately but keeps on pushing to his maximum; a well deserved win.

Lorenzo proves graceless in defeat, putting his bad results down to luck

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/10/11/2015_motegi_sunday_motogp_round_up_part_.html

Rossi had an interesting response:

Valentino Rossi took a dim view of Lorenzo's appeal to luck. "I think it is disrespectful to me to blame fate,"*Rossi told the Italian press. He could not resist taking a dig at his teammate when asked about tire preservation. "You could say I was more intelligent," Rossi answered. "But let's say that I am more lucky."*

Last edited:
Dani is making Marc look slow, who would have thought that was going to happen this year. Padrosa hasn't looked fast for quite some time and to be honest I figured he was about finished in Moto Gp.Good for him.

As a Rossi fan all I can say is ... whew, that was close.

Forecasts are showing rain for Friday & Saturday and dry but cool for Sunday at Phillip Island. Should be an interesting build up to the race!

Blind prediction:

1) MM
2) VR
3) DP
4) JL
5) CC

Back