2015 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Was it spriklers? In the stands they told there is a significant amount of water on the track. My guess it was still water drain down the hill from behind the turn.

Photos from the Handbuilt Show.

4d2d99156ff15087882972c59c62880c.jpg
e25718375a59be72e1b1748ff9892602.jpg
3517ac7d6b8d398f4fc7a75d90c22fb1.jpg
ad68e8a9e6c3eead03fc29e3946769df.jpg
4320054748f73e585e5497fd485eec76.jpg
aa10a9d72f0df9fb7014361e43a7af1d.jpg
002951f5b1a974eac8c70992ab4d318e.jpg

Was it spriklers? In the stands they told there is a significant amount of water on the track. My guess it was still water drain down the hill from behind the turn.

It was water on the track under one of the pedestrian overpasses. The banners that surround the walkway collected water in the storm and it all dumped on the track before the race.

It was water on the track under one of the pedestrian overpasses. The banners that surround the walkway collected water in the storm and it all dumped on the track before the race.

Seriously!? That could have easily happened during a race with pretty ugly results.

Sent from Tapatalk on my Note 4.

Seriously!? That could have easily happened during a race with pretty ugly results.

This is according to Julian Ryder, one of the commentators for BT Sport. He also mentioned that there's a few areas around the track with poor drainage and water can also run on there as well

As good as Marquez is, and I admire his talent, it appears we are headed for a period similar to the 90's when Mick Doohan reeled off 5 consecutive 500cc championships with little competition. He won 44 of the 71 races from 1994-1998, a 62% win rate. Great talent, but the races became very boring. I don't see too much competition that is going to challenge him for the next few years. It makes for a poor viewing experience when the pole sitter goes flag to flag without being challenged. Moto GP is certainly aware of this but they are somewhat limited to what they can do.

As good as Marquez is, and I admire his talent, it appears we are headed for a period similar to the 90's when Mick Doohan reeled off 5 consecutive 500cc championships with little competition. He won 44 of the 71 races from 1994-1998, a 62% win rate. Great talent, but the races became very boring. I don't see too much competition that is going to challenge him for the next few years. It makes for a poor viewing experience when the pole sitter goes flag to flag without being challenged. Moto GP is certainly aware of this but they are somewhat limited to what they can do.

+1 At least 2nd place was a race.

aa10a9d72f0df9fb7014361e43a7af1d.jpg
Great pictures Pete, thanks. My favorite is this one, looks wicked fast and smooth with killer Brakes. Motos V4 smooth motor makes 180 hp and 126 freaking pounds of torque cracking out of that sweet Akra exhaust. Damn...I'd be tempted to sell an internal body part for that one.

I can't see anyone beating him regularly this year.

Lorenzo seems to have lost it the past couple of years and Rossi, while still fast, doesn't have that edge or fearlessness that a young man like Marquez has.

+1 At least 2nd place was a race.

View attachment 22180
Great pictures Pete, thanks. My favorite is this one, looks wicked fast and smooth with killer Brakes. Motos V4 smooth motor makes 180 hp and 126 freaking pounds of torque cracking out of that sweet Akra exhaust. Damn...I'd be tempted to sell an internal body part for that one.
This one is blown. Check the photo I posted of the supercharger set up.

I'm not crazy about the tank but overall it's a great looking bike.

It's really a fun show. So many creative people doing cool stuff.

Maybe one day Motus will actually sell a bike!

I think it's too early in the year to decide if Marquez will run away with it again. This time last year, Yamaha was not as competitive as they are now. The second half of the season saw Rossi make up the huge gap in points very quickly. Ducati is also now very competitive. I think after the next two rounds we'll know where things stand.

Also, I think some of you are forgetting that this is the last year for Bridgestone and factory electronics. Next year they're all on Michelins and Magneti Marelli hardware.

Rossi is leading the championship at the moment ;) 1 point ahead of Dovi

Last edited:

Before the race in one of the interviews with a team manager or perhaps with Cal Crutchlow someone said the sprinklers were left on in that part of the track.... That is where I got my info.

Another incredible race. Aleix put real valiant effort in on the Suzuki but he just couldn't keep up at the end. Marquez vs Rossi was just crazy. Marc pushed 100% the entire time rather than giving up the place and conserving points. A real racer, eh?

Rossi leading the championship as we head into the European rounds where he's strongest. I'm ecstatic

Last edited:
Another incredible race. Marquez vs Rossi was just crazy. Marc pushed 100% the entire time rather than giving up the place and conserving points. A real racer, eh?

Not very smart racing for Marc to push too hard and loose all those points. Best thing he can do is learn from his mistake today, better to lose the battle and win the war.

Awesome race, the Doctor did some schooling today!!!

I think the race strategy in the Yamaha Rossi camp was brilliant. I think that Marquez figured that he was going to open up a sizable gap in the early going and then just maintain the rear at the end of the race, but according to what Bridgestone told them was that the tires would drop off monumentally with five laps to go. Marquez was just too impatient, period. He's young and he will have to learn about riding for the big picture. Super exciting race though. Go Rossi!!!!

Last edited:
I agree with everything you guys said about Marc, it was a shame to see him go down. As a Rossi/Yamaha fan I am glad to see him on top of the points, but I really would of preferred to see Marc keep it on two wheels and battle to the end, though Rossi probably would of started to Gap him.

Fantastic Race. I literally yelled and jumped in my seat when rossi passed and then Marc went down. Scare the crap out of my wife who was sorta napping on the couch next to me. haha.

Back