2015 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Sadly, those points aren't deducted from Rossi's championship tally so he still goes into the final round with a 7 point lead. Even starting from the rear of the grid, he is likely to finish in the top 4 or 5 so Jorge will need to stay on his toes.

Rossi's one-eyed fans, the ones who were boo-ing Lorenzo on the podium and who seem to be blaming Marquez for the incident, will need to be kept under control in Valencia or things could get very ugly.

That is horrible !!
Mark had his chance to act like a true Pro and blew it .
Rossi took the hook line and sinker !!
I am an MM fan and i think he should be penalized for DICKHEAD !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of some of the very questionable moves Michael Schmacher made during his career that really put a pall over his greatness and questioned his sportsmanship and sense of fair play. Rossi did the same thing with this move, very disappointed that he let the pressure get to him at this stage of his career. It's now Lorenzo's advantage but Rossi should be able to slice his way up the field in short order but a tough road to hoe. If Lorenzo finishes in the top 3 he probably wins the championship.

Some articles to read:

MotoGP News - MotoGP Race Director explains Rossi punishment

Soup :: Ryder Notes: This Will Be Continued ... :: 10-25-2015

Now that I've had a chance to digest this...

I'm really annoyed at Marquez for ruining a great championship by fucking around in Phillip Island and in Sepang. The pundits have all weighed in and it was clear Marquez was playing games with Rossi last time and especially clear this time around.

Reviewing the footage, Rossi forced Marc way out wide and Marc refused to yield, forcing a crash. I thought Rossi kicked him at first but what actually happened was that Marc's head connected with Rossi's knee.

I've lost a lot of respect for Marquez now for trying to keep the spotlight on him at the most crucial point in a very entertaining championship that he's not part of.

Sad to see Rossi getting sucked into these mind games and acting like a fool.

Rossi starts at the back of the pack for the final race

Some articles to read:

MotoGP News - MotoGP Race Director explains Rossi punishment

Soup :: Ryder Notes: This Will Be Continued ... :: 10-25-2015

Now that I've had a chance to digest this...

I'm really annoyed at Marquez for ruining a great championship by fucking around in Phillip Island and in Sepang. The pundits have all weighed in and it was clear Marquez was playing games with Rossi last time and especially clear this time around.

Reviewing the footage, Rossi forced Marc way out wide and Marc refused to yield, forcing a crash. I thought Rossi kicked him at first but what actually happened was that Marc's head connected with Rossi's knee.

I've lost a lot of respect for Marquez now for trying to keep the spotlight on him at the most crucial point in a very entertaining championship that he's not part of.

Sad to see Rossi getting sucked into these mind games and acting like a fool.

Rossi starts at the back of the pack for the final race

Well put Dustin however as a long time Rossi fan I was disgusted with his move on Marc. It was obvious Rossi was slowing the pace and running Marc wide.

Unless Jorge crashes during the last race Rossi lost what I would suspect would be his last chance of his career at the championship.

Here's my view

One of the saddest days in MotoGP racing for several reasons.

MM had every right to race Rossi, it's what he is paid to do... He was also doing EXACTLY what Rossi does - get in your head.

Rossi showed his true colours and was penalised - This is not the first time Rossi has done this, but now with so many cameras on him, he couldn't hide from it. He let MM get to him and he cracked.

MM although riding hard, didn't do an illegal move - Rossi did, no question.

Rossi got off lightly, he could have lost championship points.

That incident was only one mark that tarnished the sport in Malaysia - Booing Jorge on the Podium was a disgrace.

Rossi left the track before the press conference and didn't face up to his actions - poor form - lost respect.

I think it is time Rossi had a good look at himself and his fans and decide what he needs to do to regain some respect which he lost a lot of today as you could hear and read from the commentators and journal articles.

I think Jorge and Pedrosa ran a fantastic race, unfortunately it was tarnished by poor behaviour from team yellow.

Don't forget that it was Rossi who instigated this incident by deliberately slowing down and running Marquez off the track. The passing before this was hard but fair and it ultimately frustrated Rossi.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Don't forget that it was Rossi who instigated this incident by deliberately slowing down and running Marquez off the track. The passing before this was hard but fair and it ultimately frustrated Rossi.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yep, bitter pill to swallow for him, He couldn't take his own medicine....

So Marquez was running interference on Rossi at Phillip Island with a grand plan to rob Rossi of the championship. Well I'm not buying it, you can't tell me he spent the whole race trying to slow Rossi and then on the last lap zips around Lorenzo to take the win. Either that or he has a lot more talent than we give him credit for. Also if he wanted to stymie Rossi wouldn't he have let Lorenzo win at Phillip Island. As for Sepang, Rossi made a deliberate move to run Marquez wide, whether he meant to cause a crash who knows but that was the result of his unsportsmanlike like behavior. I used to be a Rossi fan but that ended yesterday.

Last edited:
It is ridiculous to think that Rossi could have kneed or kicked Marquez off his bike. You cannot kick someone over like that when in a turn. It is physically impossible to make another bike change direction or slide out with a slight nudge of the knee. Marquez rammed Rossi, you can actually see his bike dip towards Rossi right before he went down. IMO Marquez was trying to take them both out.

That said, I agree with Race Direction to give Rossi the penalty points for coming off the racing line and purposely pushing wide on the turn. But the crash was Marquez’ own fault.

I lost a ton of respect of Marquez in this race. He could easily of kept up with, challenged and passed Lorenzo and Pedrosa but he purposely hung back to mess with Rossi. He is still a very young man and it is apparent he got butt hurt at the accusations Rossi laid his way last week and instead of proving himself to be in the right, he proved Rossi was correct.

At Phillip Island it was speculation that Marquez was purposely running slower just to hold up Rossi and keep him from catching Lorenzo, this past race it was quite obvious that is what he was doing. He is too talented and fast to be messing around like this. He could of left Rossi in the dust and challenged Pedrosa for the win.

I really hope the Honda Garage gives him an earful for his childish behavior. Such poor sportsmanship.

So Marquez was running interference on Rossi at Phillip Island with a grand plan to rob Rossi of the championship. Well I'm not buying it, you can't tell me he spent the whole race trying to slow Rossi and then on the last lap zips around Lorenzo to take the win. Either that or he has a lot more talent than we give him credit for. Also if he wanted to stymie Rossi wouldn't he have let Lorenzo win at Phillip Island. As for Sepang, Rossi made a deliberate move to run Marquez wide, whether he meant to cause a crash who knows but that was the result of his unsportsmanlike like behavior. I used to be a Rossi fan but that ended yesterday.

But Race Direction investigated both incidents and determined that Marquez was indeed holding back & playing games. They said that although he didn't break any rules in Sepang (unlike Rossi), it was very clear to them he was also at fault for the incident. Marquez also lied to race direction and was apparently given a 'talking to'. Marquez has a reputation for using other riders as berms and forcing people off track and he's not as sweet and innocent as his big smile leads you to believe.

I think there's an irony in this situation as Rossi has been known to toy with other riders by deliberately slowing them down and then suddenly taking off and leaving them. Now the new boy is doing the same to him and it must really irritate him.

Last edited:
I lost a ton of respect of Marquez in this race. He could easily of kept up with, challenged and passed Lorenzo and Pedrosa but he purposely hung back to mess with Rossi. He is still a very young man and it is apparent he got butt hurt at the accusations Rossi laid his way last week and instead of proving himself to be in the right, he proved Rossi was correct.

Really? You must have been watching a different race, Marquez was not going to 'easily' keep up with Pedrosa and Lorenzo in this race, much less pass both of them. Both he and Rossi were outgunned at Sepang. The skirmish between Rossi and Marquez was over the top; Marquez is talented but a hot head, it's all or nothing with him. Perhaps it is youth, but maybe that is just the way he is wired. Rossi, well, he should have known better to let Marquez get to him. Disappointed in both of them as it gives MotoGP a black eye.

I think the only winner here is Pedrosa. That guy has my respect as he is as classy and tough as they come; I hope he continues to be fast & win races because he deserves it.

Lorenzo was kicking up a fuss post-race because Rossi didn't get a stricter punishment; that guy sure makes it hard to be a fan.

Really? You must have been watching a different race, Marquez was not going to 'easily' keep up with Pedrosa and Lorenzo in this race, much less pass both of them. Both he and Rossi were outgunned at Sepang. The skirmish between Rossi and Marquez was over the top; Marquez is talented but a hot head, it's all or nothing with him. Perhaps it is youth, but maybe that is just the way he is wired. Rossi, well, he should have known better to let Marquez get to him. Disappointed in both of them as it gives MotoGP a black eye.

First, read Dustin's Post above yours, then go read the report from Race Direction. Marquez was messing with Rossi. perhaps you do not see it, but the professionals who run race direction did.

I agree with Dustin, Pedrosa is a class act and it was a shame to have his awesome performance - out lorenzoing lorenzo - overshadowed by the Rossi/Marquez incident.

I think the only winner here is Pedrosa. That guy has my respect as he is as classy and tough as they come; I hope he continues to be fast & win races because he deserves it.

Lorenzo was kicking up a fuss post-race because Rossi didn't get a stricter punishment; that guy sure makes it hard to be a fan.

That is because he got a penalty a few years ago for the same thing and lost a race due to it. Rossi got a slap on the wrist in comparison.

In the interviews MM states Rossi kicked his handlebar causing him to crash. I don't know if he did or not, but that would do it.

At the end of Rossi's interview he was asked if he regretted his actions, he doesn't.... that speaks volumes.

Pedrosa handled the questions put to him well. He thinks the rule book should be tightened up so that there is no grey area, if you do this infringement, this will be your punishment, just like F1, You see different punishments handed out between different riders and different classes which all use the same rule book. it does need to be tidied up. Pedrosa and Jorge also said they think he should have been handed a black flag, but due to the way the rule book is written without specific penalties for specific infringements it went to post race.

That is because he got a penalty a few years ago for the same thing and lost a race due to it. Rossi got a slap on the wrist in comparison.

But that was before the penalty point system was implemented, right? That was introduced in 2013. I can't remember when the Lorenzo incident happened. Either way, you may be right. Although DORNA has a reputation to be very pro-Spanish, they are also obviously lenient with their cash cow Rossi. He definitely deserved his punishment although I wonder if he should have been given a ride-through instead.

In the interviews MM states Rossi kicked his handlebar causing him to crash. I don't know if he did or not, but that would do it.

Go back and watch the video clips, they are available from multiple angles and in slow motion. Marquez made contact with Rossi and not the other way around. His helmet contacts Rossi's knee

https://twitter.com/racinghumour/status/658214395105951744

Race direction also determined Rossi didn't kick Marc's bike like he claimed. He was penalized for intentionally forcing another rider out wide and not for causing a crash.

Last edited:
Back