2015 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

With all due respect to Race Direction we don't know the politics involved or how their desire to keep the competition alive influenced their decision.

I'm inclined to agree but they're also the only ones with all the information, including actually talking to the riders themselves behind closed doors.

Sadly, this is a lose/lose kind of situation for us, the fans

The kick, whether it happened or not, is not the issue and really, neither is Marquez coming off.

While all riders have a right to reasonable defend their line and lead, that actions of Rossi were unreasonable. He was not defending his line. He lined Marquez up and pushed him further and further towards the outside of the track (while also slowing unreasonably) and away from the corner to the point where Marquez had two options; either force Rossi to turn or go off the track. He tried the former but it didn't work and MM came off second best.

I'm still P!ssed at Rossi for ruining what was the best season in a long while..... now, no matter who wins the Championship, it is under a Deep Dark Cloud.

oh wow, now Honda is claiming it has proof Rossi Kicked Marquez brake lever...

Honda Claims They Have Proof Rossi Kicked Marquez's Brake Lever At Malaysia

Really all they have proof of is that Marquez brake was engaged, no proof that Rossi engaged it on his behalf.

Really, what is Honda thinking? The entire contact took place over the course of less than one second... as if anyone could purposely aim a foot at a bake lever while in a turn on a GP Bike going nearly 100mph.... Honda is really losing it now.

They were going very slowly and it was no where near 100mph.

Have you already forgotten that Rossi parked them both into that corner?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

At this point it really doesn't matter.....it will be settled in five days. This is one of those issues that will be analyzed for years but I'm tired of hearing about 'Rossi did this, Marquez did that'. Enough already. Let 'em race Sunday and it will be sorted out then.

Yep, it should have been over once Rossi was handed his penalty, but it still rolls on. Now Jorge put in a request to say something at the CAS hearing (I don't think he should have done that) - denied fortunately. Rossi should have accepted the ruling and moved on for the good of the sport. The teams should have also moved on and this ugly episode should be forgotten.

MotoGP, Movistar cancella la festa per Yamaha

From Google Translate
Sometimes, despite the victory there is nothing to celebrate. And 'what is happening to the Yamaha team in MotoGP, after having already put on board the headlines brands and teams expected on Sunday to find out who between Rossi and Lorenzo will win the drivers' championship. The triplet is served but things went very differently than expected.

The sponsor Movistar had already organized a big party for next Thursday, the best way to celebrate a great season, but decided to take a step back. The controversies that have affected the World Championship made him change his mind and cancel the party is a clear signal.

The storm has affected all the protagonists of the championship and the brand Movistar he was hit twice, both in the role of title sponsor of Yamaha team both as holds television rights for Spain's championship. The journalist Emilio Pérez de Rozas, in an article in El Periodico says that the communication officers of Movistar believe that their company's image has been damaged by the behavior of Rossi in the Malaysian GP and do not see even good eye on the position of Lorenzo as a team, which was put in a corner.

The Spanish brand has invested millions of Euros in sponsorship and TV rights and at the moment the investment is delivering results opposite to those expected. Movistar has a contract that binds to Yamaha for 2016, but are not excluded twists.

Rather surprising

CS-zKPrWUAAFj2j.png

They were going very slowly and it was no where near 100mph.

Have you already forgotten that Rossi parked them both into that corner?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Whatever the speed, it was obviously too fast for anyone to be able to aim ones foot for a brake lever, the entire accusation is ludicrous.

on a different note I am better this was filmed waaaaay before the Malaysia GP:

Jorge Lorenzo Mic Drops The Entire MotoGP Field With This Little Reminder

Back