2015 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

David Emmett gives fantastically objective and balanced analysis of the race:
Sunday Summary at Sepang: Heroes Who Have Feet of Clay

Ultimately, though, it was Valentino Rossi who lost out most by losing his cool. Throughout his career, Rossi has been known as a master of psychological warfare, of intense mental strength, as someone who can withstand any setback which fate can throw against him. After his outburst on Thursday, we started to wonder if cracks were starting to show in what had until then seemed an impregnable wall. A strong qualifying on Saturday seemed to remove those doubts, but the race proved that our eyes had not deceived us. Andrea Dovizioso put it bluntly. "He is really the best to control every situation, every sensation," the Ducati rider mused. "But not today. He fights for something important, the tenth title, but everybody knows Lorenzo is faster." All that anger and frustration came boiling to a head at Turn 13 at Sepang, ending with Marc Márquez on the ground, and the reputation of both Márquez and Rossi in tatters.

There was an interesting tidbit that I didn't realise

After the podium ceremony, and the obligatory TV interviews, Lorenzo and Pedrosa waited in the small TV room for Valentino Rossi to return from Race Direction and join them for the post-race press conference.

They waited the best part of an hour, tired, dirty, drenched in sweat, but mainly bored. Sat waiting for a man who is notorious for keeping others waiting at the best of times, but who was very much persona non grata at that point in time.

Very unprofessional behaviour on the part of Rossi

Last edited:
If Rossi refuses to race, that will tarnish his name more and set him up as having handed the title to Jorge, I'm sure Jorge wouldn't want the title that way, I'm sure Yamaha would be extremely unhappy if he didn't put a leg over the bike. He really is milking this isn't he......

I'd be surprised (and pissed off) if he didn't start the race.

Maybe it is time for him to retire. Those types of comments aren't needed for the good of the sport.

CSPPFYVWoAAcWpT.jpg

Interesting numbers

Best case scenario for Rossi will have to be 4th, so that means Lorenzo will have to be 2nd or better to win it.

After what happened last week, I suspect Marquez may drop a place to make sure Rossi doesn't win the Championship.

This all goes out the door if it rains. Then anything is possible and it's possibly Rossi's best shot at winning it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Best case scenario for Rossi will have to be 4th, so that means Lorenzo will have to be 2nd or better to win it.

After what happened last week, I suspect Marquez may drop a place to make sure Rossi doesn't win the Championship.

If Marquez does something like that it will only prove that Rossi was correct in his accusations.

If Marquez wants to clear his name, he needs to go out and ride the race we all know he can and leave everyone a few seconds behind him.

Fastest race laps:
1. Jorge Lorenzo 2m 0.606s (lap 2)
2. Dani Pedrosa 2m 0.795s (lap 2)
3. Marc Marquez 2m 0.818s (lap 2)
4. Valentino Rossi 2m 1.127s (lap 4)

What I gathered from all these numbers is that Marquez was faster than Rossi, but continued to slow down and let Rossi pass him and force the issue. That was plain to see when watching the race.

When I saw Marquez dive into Rossi on turn 13 I thought it was his plan to take them both down.

This will no doubt be one of the most exciting Season finishers in a long time.

Don't let Rossi fool you, he will be racing on Sunday.

Clear his name? The only people that want him to clear his name are Rossi fans.
After last week, Marquez will feel that this is the 3rd time Rossi has duffed him up and he will make sure that Lorenzo wins the Championship out if spite. If Rossi is nowhere then he will go for the win.
He just has to hang with Lorenzo or Pedrosa then slightly back off the pace if Rossi is in the top 5.
It won't look obvious and he will just say that he didn't have the pace on the day.

Clear his name? The only people that want him to clear his name are Rossi fans.

Marquez denied Rossi's claims that in Australia he was sand bagging.

Then last weekend he proved Rossi's Accusations were not unfounded, so yes. He needs to ride a clean race to clear his name. He was caught in a lie. Race Direction agrees that Marquez was purposely messing with Rossi, and while that is no illegal, it certainly is not right.

Repsol Honda pays Marquez to get on the podium, not to interfere with another championship run.

Marquez has been dangerous and riding on the edge since he came into the series, and that led to him crashing a few times this season, he has no one to blame but himself.

You do know that when riders start swapping positions they slow their time down to the rider behind. Every overtaking move slows them down, So every time Rossi passed him back, they slowed down too........ it's a two way street.

Marquez denied Rossi's claims that in Australia he was sand bagging.

Didn't Marquez win at Phillip Island? I was there and saw it. If he has the talent to "sand bag" some one and still win the race then good luck him (Just for the record I don't believe Marquez did anything wrong or underhand at PI). You don't get to the top of MotoGP, or any sport for that matter, by being meek and mild. Rossi's actions at Sepang, however, were blatantly unprofessional and dangerous.

Last edited:
The more videos that come out of the "incident", the more it looks like Rossi did actually kick Marquez brake lever. The overhead videos and Marquez on board are pretty damning.

The more videos that come out of the "incident", the more it looks like Rossi did actually kick Marquez brake lever. The overhead videos and Marquez on board are pretty damning.

But race direction deemed the crash not a result of malicious action. They have instant access to every single video feed and also data from the teams.

I think this sort of incident lends itself to confirmation bias.

While watching the race live, I also thought Rossi was guilty of 'the kick' but after reviewing the footage available online, I changed my mind.

Back