2015 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

This is going to be an interesting round. Many riders have said they won't let Rossi through as they are there to race. Looking corward to it. I'm sure to be slow Monday morning at work.......

Valencia Qualifying Results:

1) Lor
2) Maq
3) Ped
4) EsA
5) Cru
6) Smi
7) Ian
8) EsP
9) Dov
10) Pet

Lorenzo smashes the pole record; Rossi crashes at the end of Q2

Well done Jorge Lorenzo, brilliantly holding off the two Hondas to win the 2015 Championship.
Rossi went well and finished pretty much where I thought he would in 4th.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well, that's the end of 2015! What a great season, all things considered :) Next year will be a complete unknown until we see what people are doing in testing.

I'd say congratulations to Lorenzo but I actually don't care. Good effort from Dani at the end!

Was it me, or did it appear that MM really wasn't challenging JLO?

Well, considering how many boos Lorenzo and Marquez were getting on the podium, maybe so. For a Spanish world champion to be boo'd on the podium in Spain certainly says something.

Some post-race comments about 'keeping the championship in Spain' and rumours flying about MM and JL conspiring.

I am keen to watch testing on Tuesday :)

Rossi: It was unbelievable

Last edited:
Was it me, or did it appear that MM really wasn't challenging JLO?

That's exactly what I saw and I'm surprised the announcers didn't call it out. There were plenty of times MM could of passed but didn't. I stopped watching with 5 laps to go it was so obvious. If I were VR and knew that was going on at the front I would of just pulled into the pits and shut my bike off.

I don't believe all the conspiracy theories, when Lorenzo is out front he is the smoothest rider you'll ever see, he can run consistent laps all day long. And that is what we saw Sunday, he just was not going to get caught by MM or Pedrosa, much less passed. He was focused to be first across the finish line, mission accomplished. I like people who think running at the front and passing for the lead is a simple affair, it isn't. Marquez and Pedrosa were chasing today, and they weren't going to win. And consider this, suppose either of the two Honda's decided to really make a challenge to pass Lorenzo and somebody does something dumb and takes JL out. After what happened these last couple of weeks I don't think Marquez, Pedrosa, Honda, the MotoGP organization or the fans would look too kindly at that. Seasons over......the most consistent rider won. Congrats to Lorenzo, a great rider.

He is definitely the fastest rider out there right now; watching him ride is quite a treat. I respect his talents and he's a class act on the track, much like Pedrosa or Stoner. Unlike them, though, Lorenzo loses me when the helmet comes off.

I find myself less of a MM fan after this season. I think his hard racing was somewhat forgiven by his amazing skill and winning smile but there's a bit of a cowardly weasel behind that facade.

Rossi isn't the innocent angel his yellow army make him out to be but at least he says how he feels.

Last edited:
I think his hard racing was somewhat forgiven by his amazing skill and winning smile but there's a bit of a cowardly weasel behind that facade.
Ouch! That's a bit harsh Dustin. Great race. I think Pedrosa might be the guy to watch next season. His come back to challenge for 2nd towards the end was fantastic. It was a delight to see Rossi carve up the field after starting from the back but I think his punishment was deserved. His actions at Sepang simply couldn't be swept under the carpet. Well done Jorge Lorenzo, 2015 World Champion

Comments from Lorenzo:

[From his interview with Movistar tv after the race]

‘In a bizarre twist, Lorenzo appeared to support Rossi’s claim in an interview with Movistar MotoGP channel

Whilst denying that “any pact” existed between him and Marquez he intimated that his compatriots had helped him win the title by not passing him.

“They knew what I had in play,” Lorenzo said.

“The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me.

“That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake which they didn’t this time.”

He added: “If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same.

“The title had to be for Spain.”‘

Back