Hail's DRZ Build Thread

Got the new helmet in and it fits really well! I am pretty impressed with build quality and features for a $139 helmet. Going for a ride on the DRZ in the morning so I can see how it handles in the wind and what the noise level is like. The visor appears to have have good open spaces around it for air flow so it should not push me around to much.

Best thing about it is my head will never be mistaken for a deer in the forest! The light color should help me stay cool too.

I LOVE this helmet! Good air flow and the highest peripheral visibility i have ever had in a helmet. I may even start taking the visor off and wear it on the FZ1 for my commutes to work.

I rode the DRZ this morning following my wife to visit her mother at the nursing home. She said the high vis yellow is incredibly visible. She said it is almost distracting in that every time she saw it in her peripheral vision she had to take a second look to see what the heck it was (forgetting periodically I was following her.)

We met for breakfast first. A group of harley riders at the diner were making fun of the helmet. That actually made me feel good! Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS. I installed a second speaker,mic and mount set in this helmet yesterday for my SMH5. Quick and easy to swap between the helmets now.

OH not good, My Street helmet is same color. Had it 4 years now and fading some. In the dirt you may want the goggles on hail. Dirt will get in your eye's with out them. Looks good Man.

OH not good, My Street helmet is same color. Had it 4 years now and fading some. In the dirt you may want the goggles on hail. Dirt will get in your eye's with out them. Looks good Man.

Yeah, this one is designed so that you can wear goggles with or without the visor on. I will only keep it for 3 years so i hope it does not fade until 4. ;)

Your bike is looking great Brad! Congrats!
LOL
I sweat that you and I must have been separated at birth because we have the exact same taste. I am driving to Waco tomorrow to look at this:

drz054.jpg

Here is the thread in the classifieds:

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2336671&posted=1#post2336671

Unless something is really wrong - I will be a DRZ owner also. I hope things work out because there is a really nice off road course in Marble Falls (about an hour drive from me). I'm getting all my toys together so that if I do tie the knot - we will not fight over Man Toys. LOL I will already have them :nothing:

Congrats on your bike - it's really looking good.

Last edited:
Your bike is looking great Brad! Congrats!
LOL
I sweat that you and I must have been separated at birth because we have the exact same taste. I am driving to Waco tomorrow to look at this:

drz054.jpg

Here is the thread in the classifieds:

2000 DRZ400s and gear - FZ1OA Message Board

Unless something is really wrong - I will be a DRZ owner also. I hope things work out because there is a really nice off road course in Marble Falls (about an hour drive from me). I'm getting all my toys together so that if I do tie the knot - we will not fight over Man Toys. LOL I will already have them :nothing:

Congrats on your bike - it's really looking good.

Sweet! I think I saw that one advertised over on TWTex.com. If you have not yet register on that site. Lots of good dual sport info and rides.

This place in Marble Falls... Is it a place you could camp over the weekend?

Set a date! I will trailer my DRZ up there. I need some practice!

Trailer it up here and I'll take you out on some fun, remote trails like this;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq3SQzsJEBU]Dutch Creek Road Washout in 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Last edited:
Set a date! I will trailer my DRZ up there. I need some practice!

I would really like to do this:

Here is a copy of the map of the facility

Motorcycle_Map_rgb-820x1045.jpg

It looks like a TON of riding to do. In fact I was shocked to see that many trails..

Here are the fees to ride:

Park_Fees_2_12_lr-709x915.jpg

So this really looks cool. They also have a ton of photos of people on the trails.

LOL
Also some copy right infringement going on in the Lone Star State!!!! Better keep an eye on these guys Billy. :eek5:

Picture447-1.jpg

Brad!!!! I'm getting psyched!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv56xwVJQC8&feature=related]Hidden Falls Adventure Park is a 2,700 acre Family Outdoor Adventure Park - YouTube[/ame]

One more -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVSxUWQTQA&feature=related]Dirt Bike Riding - Hidden Falls Adventure Park 04/30/2011 - YouTube[/ame]

There are lot's of them on Youtube.

Back