"Where the Hell is Tortilla Flat!"

that a common bumper sticker in AZ

The temps dropped this week and I had a gap between meetings at work so I decided a lunchtime ride out on Apache Trail was in order. It's got some nice twisties, but is heavily travelled and pretty rough in spots. Got stuck behind some snowbirds from Alberta... so it was SLOOOOOOWWWWW going for awhile, of course they dont use the pull-outs to let me by.

So I went out onto the gravel a few miles to the Fish Creek canyon overlook, scouted some spots for future photo shoots, then headed back to work. The ride back was a bit quicker, no traffic headed into town, so I got some leaners in.

141105-0194 (Medium).jpg141105-834 (Medium).jpgapacheTrail map.jpg

that a common bumper sticker in AZ

The temps dropped this week and I had a gap between meetings at work so I decided a lunchtime ride out on Apache Trail was in order. It's got some nice twisties, but is heavily travelled and pretty rough in spots. Got stuck behind some snowbirds from Alberta... so it was SLOOOOOOWWWWW going for awhile, of course they dont use the pull-outs to let me by.

So I went out onto the gravel a few miles to the Fish Creek canyon overlook, scouted some spots for future photo shoots, then headed back to work. The ride back was a bit quicker, no traffic headed into town, so I got some leaners in.

View attachment 21587View attachment 21588View attachment 21589

Had the same problem with people in cages and pull out bays on the Great Ocean road when heading back from Phillip Island. Some were overseas tourists who couldn't read English signs. Others were just A holes. And too many men in blue for an illegal overtake...

Back