Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The Speed Limit: I'm a law abiding Citizen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing: I'll go as fast as the bike can go...at least once

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Panties too tight

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
I may be jinxing my run of good fortune by relating this story. Short version, pulled over last spring in rural Sauk county Wisconsin. Radar 145 in a 55. Others along for the ride saw me pull in to where the sneaky(but nice) officer was hiding. Short chat with said officer yielded a "you know better" and a warning. Priceless was the look on his face when I took off my helmet. 43 at the time but my beard grows all salt no pepper,and I'm pretty bald. I think he was too shocked to write the geezer a ticket. Old man sportbike. TEEHEHEHE!
BTW Kudos to everyone for not lieing about being a law abiding citizen. It aint illegal til you get caught.

Last edited:
I am ok with the fact my bike is governed at 136mph. If it went faster I would have done it. I hold my own quite well in the company i ride with.
I do value my liscence and my insurance costs.
I just wished I could respect my rear tire a bit more.
Oh well two out of three aint bad.

Wow only in WI, your as$ would still be in jail here :)

I may be jinxing my run of good fortune by relating this story. Short version, pulled over last spring in rural Sauk county Wisconsin. Radar 145 in a 55. Others along for the ride saw me pull in to where the sneaky(but nice) officer was hiding. Short chat with said officer yielded a "you know better" and a warning. Priceless was the look on his face when I took off my helmet. 43 at the time but my beard grows all salt no pepper,and I'm pretty bald. I think he was too shocked to write the geezer a ticket. Old man sportbike. TEEHEHEHE!
BTW Kudos to everyone for not lieing about being a law abiding citizen. It aint illegal til you get caught.

NH is so small that I'd be in another state before the bike ran out of RPMs. :eek5: :D Seriously, we don't have a lot of spaces here to run out the bike. What we do have in NH is a large LEO population and not a single one of them have a sense of humor. So, I tend to play "more by the book" than being a hooligan. I've been known to be less compliant in the right places.

What concerns me about high speeds more than police are the elements that you cannot predict. Obstacles around a bend, ANYTHING entering the road ahead (cars, trucks, wheelers, animals, kids, etc...) When you're going THAT fast, there isn't a lot of reaction time and any over correction is GREATLY amplified and can be disastrous. That said, I only chance it when I *know* the location and/or have great visibility ahead.

I'm not too afraid of the speed that FZ1 will do, it's a crash at those speeds in case anything should go wrong. :ugh:

I have to admit though, I've had the Audi at triple digits :)

I dont like the idea about being arrested and bike seizure here for riding over 140km/h and sometimes do 160-200km/h in safe places on the Motorway. My limit is fear of too fast, Ive done 221 max but my eyes arent good enough for 230+km/h. Im sure my Fazer could do 270.:shine:

Back