Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The Speed Limit: I'm a law abiding Citizen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing: I'll go as fast as the bike can go...at least once

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Panties too tight

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
I wasn't saying that meaning under 125 and you can keep it. Around here, if you are over 100 you can lose it.

I just start to say in my head "enough is enough" when I get close or around to 125...

The last time I was pulled over for speeding I was posting over 3 digits, fist pumping as I was passing a friend in his car on the way to work. His face went from what the hell is he doing, to I can't stop laughing as he noticed the cop light me up.

Funny story, but definitely was not worth the 450 dollar ticket, and the mandatory trip to the judge.

I prefer a much more sedate pace most of the time. Life is short, and sometimes the delta in speed between the carpool lane and the fast lane is not.

I went for a short ride after I got home from work this evening. I was giving some thought to opening it up some (this road is headed out of town to a community out in the sticks), when up ahead I see these flashing red and blue lights. As I got closer I could see that someone was getting an opportunity to contribute to the coffers of the city. That pretty much convinced me to lay low. At least around here from what I have heard others say about tickets is that you may get your ticket reduced to a faulty headlamp but the city is going to get their money even if the moving violation is changed to a non moving violation.

Last edited:
The only fear I have is not being able to keep up with my buddy on the busa after we exit the 135mph right hand sweeper and he really pours it on in the straight.

My buddy with the Busa keeps running his into corn fields. Power is nothing without handling. I've topped out a ZX12R, Bussa, various liter bikes. My brain just seems to disconnect it's logic circuit when my throttle hand is attached to one of the "hyper bikes". The FZ was a compromise of sanity,insurance cost, and a wife convinced that it's an old man's sportbike. HEHEHEHE!

Last edited:
I'm going to say those damn cops. It's really ridiculous out here, they just need cash or something. There are days that they just line the whole damn freeway. The good thing I guess is that I know when the shift change is ;)

My buddy with the Busa keeps running his into corn fields. Power is nothing without handling. I've topped out a ZX12R, Bussa, various liter bikes. My brain just seems to disconnect it's logic circuit when my throttle hand is attached to one of the "hyper bikes". The FZ was a compromise of sanity,insurance cost, and a wife convinced that it's an old man's sportbike. HEHEHEHE!

lol, that's exactly what I call it.

Cops are a factor but I am more concerned about people doing something crazy right in front of me that I can not compenstae for at higher speeds. I had just bought the bike and was coming home from work one morning. I work nights so it was early in the morning and still a little dark. I was riding along with a car to my left when some idiot pulled across 5 lanes of traffic in front of that car and coming into my lane in front of me. Speed limit was 50 and I was at about 55 it took everything the brakes had to get slowed up and then on top of that they felt I was riding their a$$ and slammed on the brakes and waived at me :wtf:. People are idiots and too much speed causes problems in dealing with them.

Around town I take it easy, too many idiot cagers and cops.

Out in the bush it's a different story, the club I ride with cruise @ 200ks.

It's a comfortable speed.

Once you break 100 you might as well shoot for 400 because you’re going to be in just as much trouble.

Radar detector. I don't leave home without one.

Back