What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

You mean Crappy tire actually had it in stock? I wish I had that kind of luck, but ever since they converted the stores into mini walmarts, the only stuff they never run out of are chips and candy.:tdown:

Glad it was an easy fix, for ya :)

You mean Crappy tire actually had it in stock? I wish I had that kind of luck, but ever since they converted the stores into mini walmarts, the only stuff they never run out of are chips and candy.:tdown:

Glad it was an easy fix, for ya :)

I was totally shocked they had the right relay on the shelf. They had several, actually. Score!

Did a little trouble shooting with what knowledge I had and determined it was indeed the relay. I found a replacement at Canadian Tire and voila, fixed! That's a nice feeling for me as electrical issues are always a source of anxiety

I'm glad to have my aux lights back, they make a hell of a difference

Ahh good job Dustin !!!
When you figure out how to adjust the valves on the V4 will you do mine ??

Ahh good job Dustin !!!
When you figure out how to adjust the valves on the V4 will you do mine ??

Totally won't even tackle that, I'll let my guy do it. Thankfully, I'm not due any time soon!

I changed my oil today. Only thing remaining is spark plugs which (hopefully) shouldn't be too difficult

Added some TechSpec bag protectors for when I strap a drybag to back seat and swapped out the windscreen for a tinted version today. The farkling has begun!!! LOL

I changed my oil and ordered a set of spark plugs. Once the plugs are in, that'll be it for the maintenance for at least half a year I guess. I can't wait for spring to set out on some more (warm & fast) trips and some touring with the girlfriend as well.

I also helped my friend install an M4 slip-on for his R6. We threw it on and cleaned everything up, changed the air filter and I helped him secure his eBay footpegs. Not the nicest quality pegs but at least they're grippy and now won't fall off ;)

I took a couple shots for him:
0Qd3M2il.jpg

H2uekncl.jpg

I rode this bike about 60 km on the local biker road up to Whistler -- brilliant, brilliant bike. I hadn't ridden an R6 on a twisty road before; the last time I rode one was a Yamaha demo day and it was very limited.

Just going to apply a coat of wax to the VFR now and call it a day :)

Last edited:
Bypassed the kickstand switch on my DRZ. My left heel kept hitting my kickstand killing my engine. Especially on done hills. Sick of it!

This green doodad under the seat near the tank is what I need.

I disconnected it and pulled up enough cable to cut 3" from the connector. I figure that will make it easier for me to reconnect later if I need to.

Finished product soldered and shrink wrapped.

....and nicely tucked away.

Went ahead and removed the switch entirely as well.

Last edited:
Removed the clearcoat from the engine cases on my 2000 Kawasaki W650, and hand-polished the aluminum. Thought they came out pretty nicely.

TU36yVT.jpg

d9oRcNR.jpg

Mu2RAgf.jpg

Last edited:
Finally installed the hitch and wiring harness for my Bushtec Turbo trailer. After testing in the twisty's and on the interstate I can say it pulls like it's not even there. I believe pulling a trailer makes me a real Wingnut.

Hadn't really been wanting a trailer but I was made an offer on this trailer I couldn't refuse so now I ready if the wife wants to bring the kitchen sink or perhaps if I need to run over to Nevada for some real fireworks!!!

IMG_3537_zpsea16a5fc.jpg

Back