What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

They would have been my first choice for FZ1 rearsets but I just can't get over how they run the gear linkage outside of the frame.
They were awesome on my old GSX-R1000.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I removed my rear rim on my St to put a new tire on, Working on the FZ has giving me confidence to tackle the job.usually i bring the bike in and it cost me $90 but since i took off the rim it only cost me $30. Another plus is the pilot road gave me another 2500 mi so its a plus plus. And i put 90 degree valve steam on so it should make things a little easier.Now i have to repack pipes and lube bearings and drive gears. I saved $60 and it will be done right. It only took 20 min. To remove rim i thought is was so much harder Im so proud of myself even though its a simple job for some. Ive never removed a shaft drive rear rim( scared of the unknown) but ill try to do itmyself from now on
quru3yme.jpg
apyzyru5.jpg
yhajy9yz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Installed some rizoma parts

I just received a set of levers and frame plugs!

Love how the red adjusters match the other little bits of red on the bike.
(slip on logo, ducati logo on the front wheel, brembo, red stitching on the seat)

old levers in the boxes, didnt have time to do the frame plugs. Saving them for a rainy day :D

The levers themselves are pretty damn nice. great finish, love how easy they are to adjust, and feel really smooth. Much better than the stock levers.

Rizoma

I just received a set of levers and frame plugs!

Love how the red adjusters match the other little bits of red on the bike.
(slip on logo, ducati logo on the front wheel, brembo, red stitching on the seat)

old levers in the boxes, didnt have time to do the frame plugs. Saving them for a rainy day :D

The levers themselves are pretty damn nice. great finish, love how easy they are to adjust, and feel really smooth. Much better than the stock levers.

Rizoma stuff has always impressed me, but you pay top dollar so it should. Those frame plugs look great!

Installed the SATOs. Fit perfectly. The foot position is spot on for me. I set them at the lowest and most forward position.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll take her out for a test ride.

In the garage my knees appear to be happy! :)

8a5uzy5a.jpg

a7e7yged.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I took the T out of a spin last night and the SATO rearsets are perfect for my knees. They are forward and lower. Made a big difference. I also notice that by having my feet forward a bit, my body weight is center in the middle of my pelvis, and forward on my pelvis.

I only rode around for 20 minutes, but I think for longer rides it will really help with the aging body.

I finally re-routed the front brake line on the T. I moved it from the front to the triple to the back of the triple. It provides a straighter route when changing from OEM to a radial MC. Took all of 15 minutes. I guess I'm getting lazy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited:
Ordered a Givi Touring windscreen that should be in on Monday in time for my trip to New Mexico on Tuesday.
16150d1381677708-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-tiger-800-windscreen-comparison.jpg

Also installed my Wolfman side racks and dry saddle bags. Left is packed with tools, chain cleaning stuff and wine. Right is wine and clothes. Since these are not symmetrical you want the left, since it is closer in to the frame, to be the one with the heavier gear. ....and pack the heaviest stuff low. I am going to order the racks designed for my DRZ also so I can use these same bags on both bikes.

Triumph looks great!

That bike looks like it has quite the grin factor! You will have to take many pics on your trip to Mexico and start an adventure thread that we can all read and be jealous of!

Wine

That kind of wine-ing I can take. Glad to see you have the essentials packed. :icon_beer:

Me I put my cold weather gear and heated grips to the test, they passed. It was 32 degrees (in U.S. terms), nice day for a ride.

Last edited:
That kind of wine-ing I can take. Glad to see you have the essentials packed. :icon_beer:

Me I put my cold weather gear and heated grips to the test, they passed. It was 32 degrees (in U.S. terms), nice day for a ride.

I may wish I had some heated grip once I get to New Mexico. Definitely in the plans for the future.

Back