What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

I can't sleep without something coverign me up. A sleeping bag is a must for me. :) I just need to find a thinner one.

I'm teasing. The Army now used a three peice, modular sleep system that totally rocks. The inner bag is perfect for warm weather, and it packs down very small.

My father-in-laws ranch is near Lake Sommerville. He's just southwest of Lyons, TX off of HWY 60 and 408ish. Beautiful area. There is a "biker" bar off of 60 further SW of the ranch. There is a sign that says, "Pool Ques Repaired" or something.

I'll see if I can find you better directions.

Hey hellgate, how comfortable is that tuono for a 2-3 hour stretch in the saddle? Also, does the fairing give more protection at speed than it looks? It sure is a beautiful bike, it makes me think about upgrading every time I see it!? Makes me jealous of your commute!

I think it's fine, I've done 8 hours in the saddle.

The new 2014 Tuono RSV4 APRC ABS is being displayed this weekend at Leguna Seca.

For 2014 the bike gets; ABS, the newest map, a softer saddle, and revalved suspension (more compliant, '12 and '13 is more track oriented). We also get metallic white in the US for the first time.

With the saddle and suspension updates you can just buy it and go!

My bike has the Aprilia Touring windscreen. It works great for me. I'm not much of a fan of big windscreens.

Go to your local Aprilia dealer and take a test ride. Be forewarned...if you do you'll buy one on the spot!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I am worried about a test drive for just the reason you mentioned! I am happy with my gen1 and don't need more power and better suspension, and better brakes, and a shiny new paint job,,,,, but I am afraid I will WANT it!

I rode my Gen II down to the local dealership and rode one of the first Tuonos in the US. It had an Arrow pipe and the RACE flash. I took it out for about a 40 mile ride. Came back to the and told the salesman, "I want one just like it!" I was laughing inside my helmet.

I've done a few mods. The pipe, flash, windscreen, Aprilia gel saddle, Brembo RCS front MC, Euro dual headlight mod, R&G frame & axle sliders, exhaust hanger and tidy tail. SATO rearsets next weekend.

Did I really"need" to do them? No. She's great out of the box. But in my never ending pursuit of perfection I did the tweaks. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I have spent some time tonight reading up on the '14 tuono, what a bike! In all honesty tho I can't ride my gen1 to its full potential, after Ivan's jet kit she put down 130hp at the rear wheel on the dyno, I would kill myself on the 170hp tuono! Fun to think about tho.

Installed a new PIAA 112db 500Hz Slim-line Sports Horn.

Old Horn:
16030d1380487353-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01124.jpg

New Horn:
16031d1380487353-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01125.jpg

Replaced some Camping Gear

Saved a ton of space and weight on the sleeping bag.
16032d1380487353-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01126.jpg

....same with the padded bed roll.
16033d1380487353-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01128.jpg

Did not save any space with the new tent but it is bigger and a pound lighter than the old one.
16034d1380487353-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01129.jpg

Last edited:
I'm teasing. The Army now used a three peice, modular sleep system that totally rocks. The inner bag is perfect for warm weather, and it packs down very small.

My father-in-laws ranch is near Lake Sommerville. He's just southwest of Lyons, TX off of HWY 60 and 408ish. Beautiful area. There is a "biker" bar off of 60 further SW of the ranch. There is a sign that says, "Pool Ques Repaired" or something.

I'll see if I can find you better directions.

Sounds like a meet up is in order!

Wow! The stock horn was quite impressive! Maybe it's just the video but they both sound about the same decibels. How slim is the PIAA compared to the stock unit Brad?

Yeah, it is really hard to capture good audio. I have no idea what the db of the stock one is but the PIAA is substantially louder and at a frequency that seems to carry better.

I the PIAA is a little thicker but not by much. I was really amazed how well it fit.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is really hard to capture good audio. I have no idea what the db of the stock one is but the PIAA is substantially louder and at a frequency that seems to carry better.

I the PIAA is a little thicker but not by much. I was really amazed how well it fit.

If you can, maybe you can post a link to that particular model PIAA for me. I'd like to get something a little more robust than the YZF has now. Thanks bud! :cheers:

I'm so glad that I have not been a bad influence on Hail, inspiring him to spend money on camping gear and such. I wouldn't want his wife to hunt me down. :starwars:

I like the new horn but still not ear piercing enough to make people drop their phones and pay attention, at least not here. I have a rechargeable marine air horn that I have been trying to find a way to mount by my left hand. It works wonders at scaring bears and moose away, so it might work on commuter zombies to.

Oh, I did do a couple of minor things to the bike today (in keeping with the thread's theme). I replaced the peanut bulbs in the taillight (2) since one was burnt out and the other looked close (bit of black inside the glass), and fixed my heated grips. I though it was a fuse, or a bad switch, but after eliminating the fuse as cause and checking the supply power with a meter, Just loose connection at the switch to blame. They will come in handy (pardon the pun) in the weeks to come.

Replacing the bulbs in the taillight required removal of two nuts inside the rear fender. It reminded me of the game "Operation" since I had just got back from the parts store and the (under tail) pipes were really hot. I managed to touch the pipes twice reaching between them, but only my language (not nose) lit up.

Last edited:
Back