What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Glad to see you got it dusty. Do you air down when you are doing gravel? I do sometimes and it really does help. I am just so comfortable on loose marble-like gravel now I usually don't bother. I carry a small pump and a CO2 system to re-inflate and always carry a tire gauge. Try dropping 5-8 psi and see how you like it in gravel, just don't be pounding over any big rocks when you are aired down.

I dropped only a few lbs. There were a lot of rocks an pot holes and with the size of the group so much dust was kicked up you really could not choose a line.

On other trails with the DRZ I would drop all the way down to 12 - 15 PSI. The tiger was at about 20.

Glad to see you got it dusty.

We did do mud, sand and about 15 different water crossings. Of course the water crossings always make the bike look pretty again. The gravel is the only thing that makes me nervous.

P.S. Just got through washing the bike after making it home. That white powder from the gravel roads stains all the plastic. Nasty crap!

We did do mud, sand and about 15 different water crossings. Of course the water crossings always make the bike look pretty again. The gravel is the only thing that makes me nervous.

P.S. Just got through washing the bike after making it home. That white powder from the gravel roads stains all the plastic. Nasty crap!

This is what I use on the seat and plastics. It gets rid of the stains, easy.

Vinyl and Rubber Care - Products - Autoglym

If done right she will never be clean.

For me keeping it clean and looking good is what makes me proud and want to take care of the insides too. My wife wishes I that would like to keep the house as clean as my bikes.

The Tiger is a PITA to clean. There are so many hard to reach nooks and crannies. I need to go on the unit for some brushes that can get all the nooks I am having difficulty reaching.

Installed my knock-off shorty levers on the Tiger......

16003d1379979426-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01047.jpg

16004d1379979426-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01054.jpg

Changed my shorty levers out for a new long lever set. I at least gave them a test run of over 2,500 miles. They were functionally flawless. Chinese crap has come a long ways! Shorties just are no for me.

The new Chinese ones at least let me pick my adjuster colors like I did with my Pazzos. I went with the titanium adjusters.

16315d1383085198-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01422.jpg

16316d1383085198-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc01423.jpg

I undertook the great task of changing the oil on the VFR. Many clips and fasteners and bolts were removed with care and the shiny, freshly waxed fairing was put to one side. The existing oil filter was installed by a gorilla, I think. Running Rotella now! My cache of oil filters for the 919 came in handy because the VFR takes the same ones. :)

While it's not quite as easy as an oil change on a naked bike, it's a damn sight easier than the oil change on the FZ600. For that bike you have to remove all the fairings (which don't line up perfectly anymore) AND the whole exhaust system, headers and all. :(

Last edited:
I knew you would be jealous of my new strada! Next time you ride thru hopefully we can hook up. I will let u take her for a test ride. But only if you wear the matching helmet!

Installed SWMotech heel guards on the Tiger. My pants had already melted to the pipe a few times with the stock guards.

With me, the only time I have melted my pants was bending down to check my oil. It took me awhile to figure out how I got the tiny hole in the knee of my pants, then I did it to the other knee and noticed how.:(

Did you take the plunge and get the Montana?

With me, the only time I have melted my pants was bending down to check my oil. It took me awhile to figure out how I got the tiny hole in the knee of my pants, then I did it to the other knee and noticed how.:(

Did you take the plunge and get the Montana?

This is an issue on the tiger because of the proximity of the pipe to the pegs. Stock there is a six in gap above the plastic heel guards where you pant legs can get sucked in at speed. The extra long one in the image above eliminates the gap.

Going by REI today to look at the Montana. They see to have just about the best price.

PS. I cannot download you GPX files from ADV. It downloads as a php web page file.

This is an issue on the tiger because of the proximity of the pipe to the pegs. Stock there is a six in gap above the plastic heel guards where you pant legs can get sucked in at speed. The extra long one in the image above eliminates the gap.

Going by REI today to look at the Montana. They see to have just about the best price.

PS. I cannot download you GPX files from ADV. It downloads as a php web page file.

Go to Dual Sport Maps and GPS Resources and search LeeOldschool. You should be able to get most of the same files from there, plus be able to see them on any type of map overlay you want. I am not sure why you can't download the gpx files from ADV. It must be something about your security settings. I just click on the file and they automatically download to my "downloads" file.

There are enough tech guys on this forum, should be able to help out a brutha!

Go to Dual Sport Maps and GPS Resources and search LeeOldschool. You should be able to get most of the same files from there, plus be able to see them on any type of map overlay you want. I am not sure why you can't download the gpx files from ADV. It must be something about your security settings. I just click on the file and they automatically download to my "downloads" file.

There are enough tech guys on this forum, should be able to help out a brutha!

I think it may be that I don't have enough posts and am not 'trusted' yet.

Back