What did you do to your FZ today?

I know the feeling, I haven't had the bike out is weeks it feels like. Either rain or 30 degree temps during the morning commute, this weather is killing me

30 doesn't bother me with the gear and heated grips and rain really doesn't bother me.... for the trip home but I just hate being wet arriving to work and hate gearing up with that many layers to get to work then have to peel off and find a place to dry the rain gear.

Come ON sunshine!!! Looking like Sunday is the magical day!

I drove over to Iowa for breakfast.
It was a nice 200 mile trip, i finally hit 1000 miles on the way back.
The bugs were horrible I could barely see out of the visor by the time I got home.

Installed the new SpeedoDRD replacement version 3.60M and set it for -6.8% and will test tomorrow. I ran it out to the steering neck so I can easily access it while dialing it in. I might move it to under the seat once it is where I want it. Next time I have to lift the tank for any reason anyway!

Then I washed both mine and hers. (That was for Jeff and Lee!) :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Damn Eric looking sharp!

I just got done with cleaning my entire bike, lubing and cleaning the chain, and just overall getting it ready for tomorrows meet with Eric and Michelle. Shcleppy may be there I dont know?

I made a ghetto fabulous pad for my pillion seat, will be trying that out tomorrow. Hopefully my Shad top case and mount comes in next week so I can get that all put together and build a soft bags support system off the topcase brackets. Heading to PA June 2nd and need the bike ready!

Fitted a dishwasher and Range hood. Well I got drafted while fitting my 16t sprocket to help with my sisters Renovations. Back to finish the bike and go for a ride today. And reprogram the Speedo DRD

Last edited:
Fitted a dishwasher and Range hood. Well I got drafted while fitting my 16t sprocket to help with my sisters Renovations. Back to finish the bike and go for a ride today.

You are going to LOVE the 16t front sprocket.

Literally best bang for the buck mod out there. Exhaust and 16t IMO is just mandatory. Everything past that is optional.

Crazy... Don't tell me you have all your stuff done and you are still rocking the stock gear/chain set?

Oh come on! That is literally comical. You are missing out on the most noticeable mod there is when it comes to acceleration.

Papa, I guess I need to finally install it tomorrow. I have 2 of them lying so I have been on the verge, literally. Did also remove the sprocket cover once and looked at it and the effort it will take to install it and said to myself - Nah, I am happy with the stock gearing... :D

Crazy... Don't tell me you have all your stuff done and you are still rocking the stock gear/chain set?

Oh come on! That is literally comical. You are missing out on the most noticeable mod there is when it comes to acceleration.

I had one on mine for a month or so and changed back to stock. It was fun and really livened it up but I didn't like it on long rides. Created a high pitch vib at highway speed and used quite a bit more fuel. It was great for short commutes and buzzing around town during every day riding though. I took a long ride up to Copper Harbor and back one weekend and put the 17t back on when I got home.

I had one on mine for a month or so and changed back to stock. It was fun and really livened it up but I didn't like it on long rides. Created a high pitch vib at highway speed and used quite a bit more fuel. It was great for short commutes and buzzing around town during every day riding though. I took a long ride up to Copper Harbor and back one weekend and put the 17t back on when I got home.

These are the same reasons I don't want to install it. Losing mpg and gaining vibes is the last thing I want on this bike. If it was a SS I won't care. But this bike is my daily commuter, sport tourer, trackday machine, twisty warrior. The 16T IMO makes a difference off the line. If I need more power and acceleration, I will just downshift.

got the call that my bike is ready for pic up.... 10 minutes prior to the shop closing for the day. i was at the range, so couldn't get there in time. lame. BUt, it should be dyno tuned and purring when i get it tomrrow!

Back