What did you do to your FZ today?

Well..........today went better than planned!

Loaded up after negotiation....
R1-1.jpg

Made it home!
R1.jpg

Congrats! How much??

6 hours of cleaning/waxing including the chain, oil changed................its now fit to be in my garage. :)
Ordered a bunch of stuff while drinking coffee this morning.........

R1allcleanedup.jpg

Last edited:
Wow

View attachment 10456
One word.....................FAST and handles like its on rails. Only rode it 10 miles so far as it won't be tagged until Monday but this thing is a cruise missile.

What a beauty.

Beside wipe mine done and check all the fluids, I rode it 20 miles to see my granddaughter(wife was sitting) and collected a ton of Ag area bugs and nats.

After the early morning ride to run the PC at church, I'll clean this beast all over again tomorrow at noon.

Tough job but someone has to do it.
:thewave::thewave::thewave:

that R1 is plenty fast for sure; but jump on a B-King if you want to see what cruise missile fast is....i personally like the R1 body style better....

LSL Rearsets today. Bike is slowly turning into what I want- just need a radial front MC and braided lines and I'll be able to bring the bars forward and down a little more.

Also, going to a buddy's house today to measure out the right rear passenger peg so he can CNC me a new exhaust hanger that isn't so bulky. Since I never ride 2up, I want to remove both rear hangers and just use an anodized black alum hanger.

After that, it's Ivans and then suspension time!

View attachment 10457

View attachment 10458

Looks great, where you get the rearsets?

Whats the movement been like?

I actually got them off one of the members here who lives in the czech republic. Gen1 rearsets are rarer than hens teeth it seems these days.

The action is good- I had to fiddle with the shifter a bit as the rubber chain guide on the swingarm actually interferes with the shifting action if the pedal is set too high. beyond that, they're working perfectly.

Bled out rear brake, greased wheel bearings, new chain, sprockets, adjusted shift linkage, timing advance mod, get her all road worthy and take it for a quick run! Glad to see it in this shape.
aefd86cc-f6c2-6df6.jpg

Last edited:
Back