What did you do to your FZ today?

I have my new, stock handle bars, but I'm waiting on bar ends. I just ordered a Zero Gravity Double Bubble Smoke (not dark smoke) windshield and a ZG Sport Touring Smoke windshield. I really didn't like either I have (stock and Rifle giant clear thing). I loved the ZG DB on Gary's Gen 1, so I hope it's as good on the Gen 2. I think Tony complained of some buffeting, but I'm hoping for better results. I know Lee liked his ZG sport touring screen, so I have high hopes for it too.

I also ordered a ZG DB in dark smoke for my wife's '09, black Ninja 250r. I think she will like it, or at least I hope she will. :eyebrow: Surprise honey!

Pictures next week when everything comes in.

Nothing much on my FZ.

I sold my FZ6 and sign the papers for a FZ1S 2012 w ABS.

Bought H&B 40L side panniers and SW-Motech side racks. (accessories hunting)

Waiting for the bike to complete registration next week.:)

gotta have them checked asap before heading out to the German mountains.
Maybe take advantage of the opportuninty to replace the fork oil with thicker oil? Any suggestions/recommendations? Or should I best replace the stock springs?

gotta have them checked asap before heading out to the German mountains.
Maybe take advantage of the opportuninty to replace the fork oil with thicker oil? Any suggestions/recommendations? Or should I best replace the stock springs?

Yea, good idea to have them checked out before heading out on a long trip. Hard to say about the oil. Some people have used slightly heavier oil (I wouldn't go heavier than 7.5w), but replacing the springs with the proper rate ones is probably the better idea. They should not be that expensive...

Got bike back today with new DID X ring chain and Renthal 16/45 sprockets. Honestly not that much of a difference form running 15/47, what is nice is at 70 mph bike is reving 5,000 in stead of 5,500.

Installed the slip on portion of my full holeshot comp exhaust. finished blacking out some things, rear sets, side cover things, radiator guards.. installed K&N air filter, and did the airbox mod.

Wohoo.

Reserved a bagster tank cover and motovation frame slider from a fellow fz1 rider!

After my last accident with my fz6, i thought that I needed something to record my rides in case shit happens. For my last accident, the driver twisted his sentenced and claimed I lose control of my bike and skidded. Wth. My lawyer told me not to be worried, but in future, I want more evidence in case..

So I bought this to be my black box:

$(KGrHqYOKjoE26TGDgKwBNy7k)BuqQ~~_35.JPG

Review can be found here

Last edited:
Installed the slip on portion of my full holeshot comp exhaust. finished blacking out some things, rear sets, side cover things, radiator guards.. installed K&N air filter, and did the airbox mod.

What is the a box mod on a Gen 1? And I am guessing it will need rejetting as it will be lean, this might be perfect for me as I am running a bit on the rich side.
Also can you use stock air filter?

What is the a box mod on a Gen 1?
Also can you use stock air filter?

Hey markowinnipeg, I just asked the same question a little while ago, link to the tread:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-i-mods/14467-gen1-airbox-mod.html

As for jetting, i should assume you would want to. Im sure you can stick with the stock air filter, but something rated to flow more might give the 'free' airbox mod a tad more use. I have not jetted anything yet, and with my new mod, k&n, and slip on, it does not run as well. I will be taking it in after a while to get it on the dyno.

I cleaned the wheel's and chain, lubed the chain and tested the modified sockets that remove the axle sliders.
Also took the wife for a ride out for dinner.

The FZ1 today

Today, , yes, , , today , , ,, , ,, heh,heh I moved the FZ over just a tad to make some room for the RZ350. Yep, brought 'er home today !! (see pics)

She still does not run, , , , yet. But, I did start the FZ up and listen to that deep, raspy, groooowl for a few minutes !! Sweeeeeeeet !! Gives me goose-bumps . . . . . . . w00t !!

Today I put on my personalized plate. Over the weekend I did the Lars airbox mod, replaced stock air filter with K&N unit, did AIS block-off. Gutted the cat a few days ago and replaced front sprocket with 16 tooth, installed MIVV GP-style slip-on, baffle removed. Going to put on PCIII within the next couple of days and load a map for it. Bike is SCREAMING.
545803_3720018485866_1437904395_3474187_1793034969_n.jpg

Today, , yes, , , today , , ,, , ,, heh,heh I moved the FZ over just a tad to make some room for the RZ350. Yep, brought 'er home today !! (see pics)

She still does not run, , , , yet. But, I did start the FZ up and listen to that deep, raspy, groooowl for a few minutes !! Sweeeeeeeet !! Gives me goose-bumps . . . . . . . w00t !!

Hey Gary, I was wonder how much to rent the "Playhouse"??? I can move in immediately pal!

Thinkin' . . . . . . . .

Are you going to do the work to the 350?

Hey stretched06,
I am actually thinking of selling the ol' girl. I am not going to be comfortable riding her with my ever worsening knee's and lower back. I can barely ride the FZ now, and only for shorter and shorter trips. . . . . !

Troy and I rode the FZ's the other day and my knee's hurt for several days afterward.

Anyway, to answer your question, I am not sure yet. . . . . .:dontknow:

Installed my new Fleabay mirrors on modified stock bar ends. I still need to paint the machined ends...
IMG_4420.jpg

Pulled the wheels, and slapped on a new set of Battlax BT-016s. While I had the front rim off, I noticed how crappy the rotors/bolts looked.

Before...
IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

...and after. Used a right-angle grinder with a wire wheel. Not sure how long it will last, but it looks a lot better for now! :dontknow::tup:
IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

Back