What did you do to your FZ today?

Yep rear wheel :D

Mark at Doin' Bikes did it this afternoon, they didn't charge me for the first run yet, it'll just go on the tuning bill. I've paid for and ordered the PC5 off Trevor. He's going to send it to me when it comes in. I'll then fit it and book in for the tuning...

Awesome, Mark is an awesome mechanic and a top bloke and Trev does an excellent job of the remapping.

I'm sure you will be very happy.

Gone back to Quartz Halogens

Removed the HID's way too much glare outside the focus area. They look fine when viewing the road but the glare was obvious when approaching the rear of other vehicles. Going to go Projectors soon.

I have ridden it to work every day this week.
It has been getting down into the 20's on the way home. I need warmer gloves.

Finished the GPS mount and installed that.

I have the Held Freezer gloves which I can recommend. 4 degrees Celsius outside, 130km/h for 45 minutes without freezing too bad. That is, only the tips of my fingers were freezing a bit. Also consider gloves with an Outlast membrane, that spreads the heat evenly according to a fellow rider

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Un-boxed and inspected my retro kit.

UPS did their best to beat it up, but all the internal packing saved the day. No marks, mars or rubs on the kit!

Glad to hear it arrived w/o any damage. I would imagine a big box like that takes quite a beating regardless of the shipping company.

Had the day off so I dedicated the afternoon to working on the FZ1. I changed the plugs (went with NGK Iridium ones). I know the manual says to change them at 8k miles, but my 9.5k miles one's still looked very good. Oh well wont have to worry about plugs for quite a while now.

Also changed the coolant along with the oil and filter. Installed the DJ Ignition Module and checked the air filter. After 6k miles the BMC filter still looks new. Also cleaned up some of the wiring for the pod lights and accessory socket.

Since I have it all apart I have decided that it will be a good idea to sync the throttle bodies since I have never done it and the bike now has 9.5k miles.

Penske shock is on it's way and I still need to get new tires mounted. Sounds like I will need at least another afternoon to work on the bike...

Last edited:
Back