What did you do to your FZ today?

Hey Gary, I was wonder how much to rent the "Playhouse"??? I can move in immediately pal!

Hey Billy, Come on in !! Plenty of room to relax and loaf and we can ride the YAMAHA'S when we ain't wrenchin' on the bike's !! heh,heh, And, you will be just in time for the summer fun !!

BTW, Billy, look what I found today while doing some re-arrainging on the shelves. . . . ..... I simply can't believe what I discovered hidden under some papers . . . .?!!
I had them all along. Rich, ol' buddy, I sure am sorry !!!
If you still need them I can mail them out to you, pronto !

Hey Billy, Come on in !! Plenty of room to relax and loaf and we can ride the YAMAHA'S when we ain't wrenchin' on the bike's !! heh,heh, And, you will be just in time for the summer fun !!

BTW, Billy, look what I found today while doing some re-arrainging on the shelves. . . . ..... I simply can't believe what I discovered hidden under some papers . . . .?!!
I had them all along. Rich, ol' buddy, I sure am sorry !!!
If you still need them I can mail them out to you, pronto !

Oh Man! Yep! Those are the guys! Oh well, your ready to rebuild yours if the need ever arises!

Also got around to installing the SpeedoDRD in preparation for the upcoming installation of the 16T front sprocket. I did not calibrate it yet as I'll do that after the sprocket change, but from what I have seen from others the correction factor should be around a 10.7-10.8%. I'll try and use a GPS if possible to get a really accurate calibration percentage.

SpeedoDRD, 16T Sprocket and lock washer:
IMG_1274.jpg

SpeedoDRD close up:
IMG_1275.jpg

Speed sensor connector (circled in yellow):
IMG_1271.jpg

Disconnect speed sensor and connect SpeedoDRD harness to either end:
IMG_1277.jpg

I ran the SpeedoDRD harness along the frame under the gas tank and zip tied it in place. Whenever I need to calibrate it, which will only be once provided I don't switch sprocket sizes again, all I have to do is remove the front seat and it's right there:
IMG_1280.jpg

Also, Got A SpeedoDRD i run a 190/55R17 rear tire, how does that affect the speed, plan to -1/+1 upgrade later, but since GPS coverage in my area is non existence, can calculate the offset accurately.
anyone with a 55 profile on as well.

upgraded profile to improve handling because where i live it strictly twisties an urban jungle, plan to upgrade to wider bars as well later, which should help this urban brawler, carve then up even better.

It's True

:(

They did promise to take care of it right??

They did, and he may soon be a member here.

ITS A SAD, SAD, SAD, SAD day:confused:
I feel a bit sick, honestly, it was a great ride but the dirt riding is addictive, and they closed our race track.

WAIT!! Sold What?? The FZ1??!! When did that happen??!! Holy Crap, I step out of the room for one minute and the place goes nuts!!!!:dontknow:

Been thinking about this for awhile, I just saw no sense in having it get a few hundred miles a year on it when someone else is sure to love it. I got a text from the new owner (Tom) and he said it was an amazing ride home.

That was fast! What's next for Lee then?

Nothing for awhile, I still have the Big Orange bike. Maybe a WR250R next season to rip up the single track.

Wow. Lee, I saw the other posts about items for sale before I read this thread and confirmed that you had sold the FZ1. I'm sad, but I know you are enjoying that KTM. I grew up riding in the dirt, and I've wanted a dirt bike again for some time. I hope you stay here. I'll pretend your KTM is a Super Tenere ;)

Maybe a Gen 3 will get you back :dontknow: Enjoy that big orange thing! Keep riding and keep safe.

Nice Tony! Is this spring rated for your weight? You can always ask Lee what the settings should be for your weight and riding and set it to that to start.

I put in my Zero Gravity Double Bubble in (regular, not dark) smoke. I hope it performs better for me than some other members. I haven't had a ride with it yet. It is a touch taller in the middle and a bit wider.

I was always worried the PO's taller, wider bars would hit the sides of the screen, so I had held off on a new screen. Now that I have the new, stock bars (still waiting on the stock bar ends :waiting:) I felt ok to get new windscreens. Turns out the aftermarket bars still work with the ZG DB. Here's a couple pics. I agree that the bubble is a bit odd in such an upright position, but I'm still ok with it.

View attachment 10244View attachment 10245View attachment 10246View attachment 10247View attachment 10248View attachment 10249

I hope all the dust and dirt don't show up in the pictures. We lost the garage door and big rigs drive through our ally all day and kick up sick amounts of dust. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: link to BDazzling mods post about my quick riding impression with the ZG DB

Last edited:
Well Troy don't expect that the airflow with the ZG is going to be a lot better than with the stock screen. That was my experinece and yea it does look a bit weird with the double bubble in such an upright position. It always looked odd to me as well...

Back