What did you do to your FZ today?

Not today but over the last month I did this:

JB-welded my broken tail handle and front fender and primered, painted, clear coated them with Toyota Black which matches nicely. Not bad for a 1st timer on the weld. Only blooper was that I applied a little too much superglue to hold them in place before jb-weld. As far as primer goes, don't apply it to just the part you want, instead spray it on the full surface otherwise you end up trying to make everything smooth by sanding. I guess I would have saved a lot of paint too. went throught 3 rattle cans.

Also installed the powdercoated passenger pegs with rubber mounted pegs. Painted, clear coated the Yamalude highway pegs I got recently which turned out to be super based on what I learned from my mistakes with the prev paint job.

Getting ready for parts to be put on and doing some deep cleaning!! :wilynily:

IMG_6896Large.jpg

IMG_6846Large.jpg

IMG_6815Large.jpg

Installed Clear Alternative clear lenses and chrome coated amber bulbs. Definitely a different and unique look to the stock lights ;)

I love that. I've been considering doing the same, but haven't looked into it yet. Mind if I ask where you got yours and how much? My wife's Ninja 250 had the clear lenses and the amber bulbs stock and looks great.

Last night I finally settled on grips, the Pro Grips 725 EVO--even though they are the same ones Cruzman has. I wrestled with it but since I decided I wanted them before I realized he had them, I went ahead and got them...but in blue!

DSCF4267.JPG

DSCF4268.JPG

DSCF4261.JPG

Tomorrow, Cruzman and I will wire up the grip heaters then test them out on a ride Saturday. I decided to change from the Rizoma Knockoffs because the grip heaters didn't fit under them and they weren't very comfortable coming from the 719 grips. One note: if you do go that cnc grip knockoff route, be certain you want them because they're hard to get off.

Last edited:
I love that. I've been considering doing the same, but haven't looked into it yet. Mind if I ask where you got yours and how much? My wife's Ninja 250 had the clear lenses and the amber bulbs stock and looks great.

I actually got the lenses and bulbs on eBay. However, they were quite the challenge to install. The lenses were supposed to be plug-n-play, but turned out to be a project. Even though they were supposed to fit the FZ1 the back part where the bulb socket went into was different than the stock one. Seller was of no help so I took the back of the stock lenses and glued them onto the clear lenses (after removing the back of them as well). After that all went back together w/o any issues. As for the bulbs you'll need a couple of 7440 and 7443 ones.

Gone stock handlebar, hello ProTaper!

7/8" Carmichael bend.... nice and wide, very little sweep and rise. No modifications to the cables or brake lines required.

Wrist strain from that crazy stock bar GONE!

IMG00098-20110113-1628.jpg

IMG00097-20110113-1628.jpg

Back