What did you do to your FZ today?

Bought myself ...euh my bike a set of Philips H4 Extreme Power front lightbulbs. It's said to have 80% more light...installed just one eye to catch the difference first...

I'm really curious to know what kind of difference you see. I've considered some of those myself, as I need to adjust the beam down a bit anyway, or maybe just up the preload on the rear shock, maybe both.

Anyone have some guidance to help adjust the headlight beams? Maybe a certain distance from a wall and how high up they should hit? Or is it just hit an miss for this kinda thing?:confused:

Looks like I will be setup for a few weeks so I topped off my tank and ran Startron through the system for a while. Up on the lifts and on the charger.

Well so much for that. 72 degrees here today. Ditched my carpool buddy and commuted. Looks like I will ride in again tomorrow.

P.S. Ordering some SID on Wednesday when the bonus check comes in. SIDI Vertigo Air. I have to have something with adjustable calf because mine are like Popeye.

Well so much for that. 72 degrees here today. Ditched my carpool buddy and commuted. Looks like I will ride in again tomorrow.

P.S. Ordering some SID on Wednesday when the bonus check comes in. SIDI Vertigo Air. I have to have something with adjustable calf because mine are like Popeye.

70 degrees out this morning at 5:20 AM. Can you beleive it? Another great commute to work.

I stole this...
Points of reference will be vital in making sure you adjust your motorcycle headlights correctly each time. Start by marking a point roughly 20 to 25 feet away from a flat wall or a garage door. Measure the distance from this mark up to your headlight. Measure the same distance from the floor upwards on the wall or garage door and mark this point. You will have now created a level point of reference, which you can use every single time you have to make adjustments to your motorcycle headlights.

Read more: 6 Tips for Adjusting Motorcycle Headlights | DoItYourself.com

I'm really curious to know what kind of difference you see. I've considered some of those myself, as I need to adjust the beam down a bit anyway, or maybe just up the preload on the rear shock, maybe both.

Anyone have some guidance to help adjust the headlight beams? Maybe a certain distance from a wall and how high up they should hit? Or is it just hit an miss for this kinda thing?:confused:

Took my girl for a spin to test out the new sprocket i got form FZ1riderNY. Billy thanks a lot for it. I was very impressed on how easy it is to pull that front off the ground. I have to learn to take it easy on it now or i will stay on the back tire LOL. :cheers:

My team at the office all pitched in and got me a GoPro HD Hero. Apparently they either like me and think I am a good boss or they are buttering me up for reviews in January. ;)

P.S. This was the helmet kit not the motor-sports kit. I ordered the suction cup mount on eBay fro $27 shipped.

Mounted up the CRG's :shine:

Waiting for buddy to come over sometime soon and help me mount up the spiegler brake lines and the 03 R1 calipers with the gold center. :)

I didn't do it today, today I cooked the best Christmas meal I've ever cooked, but the other day I finally installed the gen 2 handle bars and got frustrated trying to clean up the rats nest of wires I have. I removed the grip heaters because I didn't want to add to the mess. Now I'm waiting to meet up with Cruzman so I can get my wires pretty and the grip heaters installed.

Took a short ride yesterday and I really love the new bars! It wasn't cold enough for grip heaters so I didn't regret pulling them off during the fit I had the night before.

Xmas weekend

Got the bike set up in "semi-tour" mode, rode to my sisters place and stayed a few days. I would consider this ride a huge leap forward in that I gave my Tourmaster (synergy) heated jacket liner it's first go... cruising at highway speeds with temps being in the low 30's. Doubt I could ride in cold weather without this thing again, what a difference! Nothing new to some of you guys, but being a long-time Florida boy I never really needed this in the past. For real cold-weather riding the heated jacket rocks, running the thing on high had me nearly breaking into a sweat. First run with the Dobeck TFI, modded flies, and de-screened filter as well. Rolls from 65-100 in top gear were quick and effortless. Still thinking I need to drop the gearing a little though to really take advantage of the torque.

I use those bulbs and have put them in my last 4 bikes. They are the best standard-wattage H4/H7 bulb you can get, period. The light output and quality of light are top notch and make a massive improvement in wet, dry and foggy conditions.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I tried them, but based on sound advice I received from Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply, I ordered a set and instantly fell in love. They're not gimmicky tinted bulbs that you get from Sylvania, PIAA, etc--they're just a better bulb design that produces more efficient light.

They're so good that 5 of my friends are using them in their cars & bikes after seeing mine.

Edit: Philips actually has released a +100 version called the Xtreme Vision. They are a lot more expensive than the Xtreme Power (+80) and I have not tried them yet. It might be worth it for you to try the +100s.

Last edited:
Various donations via cash gifts and family ordering me parts has me waiting on a yummy list of parts to put on the bike when they all arrive. :shine:

Sato Rearsets
Spiegler Brake Lines and Speed Bleeders
Calipers of a 03 R1 so I can have the gold centers.
Superlite/DID 520 kit with -1/+1 sprockets
Driven Grips
CRG Levers
Rizoma Bar and Risers
Gilles KTS style Chain Adjusters and Lifters

:thewave:

Last edited:
Now that I have integrated lights and the OE turn signals are gone in the rear I can properly light up my license plate. I had placed one in the center above the plate when I did my Graves FE, I am adding one in each corner where the bolts go now for a total of 3.

Also ordered a pair of SIDI Vertigo Air boots. I picked these because of the adjustable calf. Not many boots can adjust the calf. My Joe Rockets velcro pop open from time to time because they do not fit very well around my calf.

Took advantage of the break in the weather and went for about 100 mile ride this afternoon. I really love the gen2 bars on my gen1, not liking the cheapie rizoma knockoff grips as much though. Good thing they're only temporary until I can find something else. They look great but they're not that comfortable. Guess the pro grips spoiled me but I'm tired of that look.

RE: FZ1 today

Today I got the oil and filter changed after a brief but thorough warm up. The temperature was near a record high today, warming into the 60's ! It was very nice out today for a change.
I dearly love those K&N filter(s) with the 'nut' welded on the end . . . . so, so, nice. I also cleaned and lubed the chain while the oil drained out, and, while I poured in the fresh MOBIL-1. Next, I wiped down the rear wheel, the lower header pipes, and then plugged in the battery tender. After I got everyhting wrapped up, cleaned up and put away, I re-installed her protective cover and gave 'er a thoughtful wink, patted her tank gently and, turned out the light. :zzz:zzzzzzzzzz

Alright when I got my 09 I told myself tires,oil and gas nothing else. Noe I have ordered frame sliders. This may sound like no big deal but I my las bike was a 97 Daytona 595 and I simple ordered a set of Triumph valve caps 18 dollars then suddenly untolded dollars latter I had A complete front to rear carbonfiber bike with eveything possible done to it and when finally complete wrecked it. Im a little scared now.

Back