What did you do to your FZ today?

A local dealer was offering cheap dyne runs today so I took advantage. Just a basic run HP and AF only ($40.00). It was a yamaha dealer the guy hooking it up said the best I could hope for was 130. She put out 145.3 using Duken4eva's perfection map. Mods as listed below a/f was a very linear increase from 13.0 to 13.5. The guy told me don't change a thing:sinister: If I can get my scanner to work I will up load the graph

Nice numbers, but sounds like it's a little lean. For best power you usually want the A/F ration around 13:1 and most tuners will go a little richer than that for to have a safety cushion.

I got my new 023's mounted yesterday and put my wheels back on today. While I had everything apart I removed the stock front brake lines and put on a new set of HEL braided steel lines. Now I just need to get a new bottle of DOT-4 and bleed them.

I got my new 023's mounted yesterday and put my wheels back on today. While I had everything apart I removed the stock front brake lines and put on a new set of HEL braided steel lines. Now I just need to get a new bottle of DOT-4 and bleed them.

Let us know how it goes with the bleeding. I installed my HEL Lines today and couldn't get a hard lever. I was informed that I need to bleed the Master Cylinder which I will tackle Wednesday.

P.S. I also got my 023's mounted yesterday. Let me know how they do as I won't be riding here in NY for another couple of weeks. Here's a link to the thread that explains why: http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-i-mods/10265-springtime-makeover-thread.html

Snake Grip

Applied my new TechSpec Snake Skin Tank Grip today. Coloring looks weird because I sprayed them with some cleaner but had not wiped them down yet.

Motorcycle Tank Pads from TechSpec-USA - Yamaha Gripster*Sport Touring

5477d1299114107-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-dsc02654.jpg

5478d1299114107-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-dsc02656.jpg

5479d1299114107-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-dsc02657.jpg

Mounted up steering damper that I purchased from fzwilly waiting for Penske shock to arrive any day now. I think I like the little bit of color from the damper on a other wise subdued bike.

Mounted up steering damper that I purchased from fzwilly waiting for Penske shock to arrive any day now. I think I like the little bit of color from the damper on a other wise subdued bike.

Looks good and that Hyper Pro works great. I had one on my bike for a little while, but sold it to free up some money when I was rebuilding my YZF1000. Might look to pick one up again ;)

I'm really excited about my next mod even though it's very minor. I'm going to put a 12v power socket on my bike but I found a side mount instead of drilling or a handlebar mount. Just ordered all the parts today but I will post up pics when I complete it.
LOL!!! I went the cheapo route and ordered every piece at the lowest possible price - so now I have to wait for all the pieces to come in. HAHAHA!!! Waiting sucks!!!

I'm really excited about my next mod even though it's very minor. I'm going to put a 12v power socket on my bike but I found a side mount instead of drilling or a handlebar mount. Just ordered all the parts today but I will post up pics when I complete it.
LOL!!! I went the cheapo route and ordered every piece at the lowest possible price - so now I have to wait for all the pieces to come in. HAHAHA!!! Waiting sucks!!!

If your an "all weather" rider, I hope you at least went with the "marine" grade power plug. I got my kit for less than 12 bucks.

If your an "all weather" rider, I hope you at least went with the "marine" grade power plug. I got my kit for less than 12 bucks.

I did.
Mine was a little higher but all together - it was a pretty good deal.
I will show you the pic of the side mount.

Motorcycle handlebar marine 12 V accessory socket mount - eBay (item 120692601650 end time Apr-01-11 17:19:33 PDT)

I'm going to mount somewhere on the left side so I can plug in my EVO.
I have to say that upgrading to a smartphone was one of the best moves that I have ever made. Now I can put my phone in my pocket. Run a set of earphones into my helmet and listen to music, audiobooks, GPS, etc. LOL I even downloaded a program called Drivesafe.ly that will interrupt whatever is playing and read my text messages to me as they come in. :) HAHAHA!!! It's not perfect. Sometimes it says "System error" and does not read the message so I don't know that I would recommend this particular program but I am narrowing it down to finding one that works the best. This will allow me to receive text messages while I'm riding. That is totally badass!!!! There is an option for listening to Email but I can't seem to get that to sync. Like I said - I'm not sure Drivesafe.ly is the best but it has put me on the road to being able to be connected when I need to be connected. When I want to get away from it all - just push a few buttons and I'm gone!!! :) I wish life was that easy!!! HAHAAHA!!!!

ehhh had my seat recover in a different color which i think compliments my bright orange bike a little more.

No more mods for me, just racking up the miles @ 10,855 in 11 months of ownership.

Last edited:
Installed a GPR V4 steering stabilizer. :tup:

Took some pictures and then found out that Windows 7 does not "see" my camera as a drive. Turns out I have to get a card reader to pull my pictures off the CF card.:confused:

Anyway, it was a 15 minute install and looks bitchin' . . . you'll just have to take my word on it for now. :cheers:

Swapped my cracked front fairing for the new one. I got a little frustrated when I dropped the nut for the mirror and couldn't find it. Decided to take a break before I lost something else that wouldn't be cheap to replace!

I always drop my nuts and bolts down into awkward places!!!!
This is one of my favorite tools!!!! It has saved me HOURS!!!!!!!! Be sure to get the kind that has a light at the end. That is a tremendous asset.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-70396-24-Inch-Mechanical/dp/B00275F5I8/ref=pd_sim_dbs_ac_4]Amazon.com: General Tools 70396 24-Inch Long Lighted Mechanical Pickup with Push on LED Light: Home Improvement[/ame]

31Nsfk7dw4L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

This also rules!!! More frustrating hours saved!!!! It is lighted AND it has a magnetic head to pick up dropped metal items.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bes-BES-FLEXIBLE-MAG-LIGHT/dp/B000FDBNGM]Amazon.com: BES FLEXIBLE MAG LIGHT: Home Improvement[/ame]

4103P8JHNJL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

These amazon prices are too high. You can find them cheaper at auto parts stores.

Last edited:
Back