What did you do to your FZ today?

Oh girl - I understand!!!
True story:
My bolt that secures the gas tank to the frame (near the handle bars) on my Gen 1 came off. I kept hearing a rattle and even asked a mechanic to check it out (during a routine maintenance checkup). LOL The mechanic SWORE that he looked the bike over top to bottom and couldn't find the rattle. I saw it on my way home as the gas tank was bouncing up and down :D This motivated me to start learning to do my own work.
Fast forward a few thousand miles. I took the fairing insert off to get to the thermo unit and guess what dropped to the ground? LOL The missing bolt that secured the gas tank to the top of the frame. HAHAHAHA!!!! Only took about 6 months to find :D

New Pilot Power up front, upgraded front brake pads and new brake fluid both, new chain and gear(stock). Oil change. Custom suspension tuning. All set for my first track-day :))

Since getting my bike on 11-MAR, I have been able to ride it about 100 miles, even a couple of days to work when it has been warm enough. Historically, March and April are the months we get the most snow in Colorado. It feels great to be on two wheels again. I have ordered a Cee Baileys windscreen to replace the stock screen that is on there now, it shipped today.

Changed the oil, cleaned the chain, got some scratches out of the front fender, washed the bike, and put the fz1 decals on the fairing I replaced a couple of weeks ago.

Front fender before and after
DSCF4321.JPG
DSCF4593.JPG

Changed the oil, cleaned the chain, got some scratches out of the front fender, washed the bike, and put the fz1 decals on the fairing I replaced a couple of weeks ago.

Front fender before and after
DSCF4321.JPG
DSCF4593.JPG

Okay, okay, okay! I need to know how the heck you went from that to that! Walk me through this since I have a small scratch on my front fender that I need to get out as well. Nice job!

Most of it wasn't real damage, just where the fender rubbed against Cruzman's exaust. The deeper part is still there but I think if I did more, it'd go away.

What I did was use the $3 scratch remover stuff in the yellow bottle they sell at Wal-Mart and my brothers car polisher thing. Afterwards, I used the polisher with some mequire's plastic cleaner. That's it.

I was going to get some rubbing compound or something like that but thought I'd try what I already had in the garage first.

Finally got warm enough to spend some time in the garage and bled the front brakes. I had put my new HEL braided ss front lines and HEL ss bleed valves on a few weeks ago when it warmed up a bit and bled them tonight using my Mityvac. This tool makes bleeding so much easier! Pump up the pressure, open the valve, and it sucks the fluid out of the reservoir so you can watch it go down. And I also installed my new FDB black levers, which match the black stock bars. All that's left now is install the battery and the seat, set the clock, and it's ready for a spin, weather permitting around here. Can't wait to scuff up those new 023's. :)

Finally got warm enough to spend some time in the garage and bled the front brakes. I had put my new HEL braided ss front lines and HEL ss bleed valves on a few weeks ago when it warmed up a bit and bled them tonight using my Mityvac. This tool makes bleeding so much easier! Pump up the pressure, open the valve, and it sucks the fluid out of the reservoir so you can watch it go down. And I also installed my new FDB black levers, which match the black stock bars. All that's left now is install the battery and the seat, set the clock, and it's ready for a spin, weather permitting around here. Can't wait to scuff up those new 023's. :)

What?! No pictures! Geez!

I actually put about twenty miles on my 023's today. Not quite scuffed in yet but getting there. Immediate impressions are very good. The bike turns in effortlessly and they are really quiet on the road. This combined with the newly rebuilt forks and I'm in heaven. I'm so glad I went back to the 5WT Fork Oil. What a difference! The bike soaks up everything now that before use to "jar" the front end when I had the 10WT Oil. So I'm a happy camper right now. I'll hopefully add some miles tomorrow after work and Sunday. I need one good run to the mountain to really scuff them in good.

Here's a pic of my master cylinder. I ran out to the garage and took 3 pictures but there's problems uploading the other 2. Kind of blurry. Took with my cell phone.

I installed a Zero Gravity DB screen. I had heard a lot of good reports so I thought I'd add it to my collection to see how it compares. At first sight, I was surprised at how small it was. Not much larger thab the stocker. I can see that it has a much different shape so maybe that's what makes it work. When the weather gets better, I'll take it for a spin and report on my experience.

I installed a Zero Gravity DB screen. I had heard a lot of good reports so I thought I'd add it to my collection to see how it compares. At first sight, I was surprised at how small it was. Not much larger thab the stocker. I can see that it has a much different shape so maybe that's what makes it work. When the weather gets better, I'll take it for a spin and report on my experience.

How long before you guys out that way will be riding? Is it still that bad over there? The screen looks great by the way!

I think you'll be pleased with it. I had the same one on my bike for a while and while there was still some buffeting it was better than stock. Next I'm going with the Magical Racing one, but given the recent turn of events in Japan I'm not sure if that will happen for a while...

Back