Track Addiction

tumblr_kwy1cc4M2T1qaptiro1

I live close to thunderbolt in millville nj im trying to save up for gear what exactly do ypu need as far as gear and any bike mods?

Lonney I run Tbolt alot, almost too much. I ride mostly with Team Promotion. The only thing you need to do is put blue painters tape oner all lights and glass. I pull my fuses so I dont back the tape to the lights. Give your chain a little more slack than normal. Make sure your brake pads and tires have life left in them. If we could find a date that we could both attend with TPM you could ride at my membership level price. Weekends are 150.00 a day you can rent all the gear you need for 75.00 and TPMs intro class will cost you 15.00. So basically your first ever trackday with a class and rental gear will cost a total of 240.00.

You can then decide if you will continue enough to justify buying your own leathers. Just drop me a PM if you are interested.

Rent leathers? Is that as disgusting as it sounds?

Everything I've heard about a track day says that it's a hot, sweaty, helluva good time. It's that middle part that makes me not want to rent leathers. Please tell me they fully clean them between rentals. Not that bowling-show-spray treatment.

Rent leathers? Is that as disgusting as it sounds?

Everything I've heard about a track day says that it's a hot, sweaty, helluva good time. It's that middle part that makes me not want to rent leathers. Please tell me they fully clean them between rentals. Not that bowling-show-spray treatment.

What? You don't want your junk getting all sweaty against the same fabric some other guys junk got all sweaty the week before?

Yes. I took the CMRA racing school and began my qualifying requirements over the weekend. Got my number.

I had been recieving lots of encouragement to go further and afforded the opportunity to take the next step and start racing.

But hey, I can already see that it can get really expensive to do it the right way. Damnit!! And that's even without crashing!

It's a blast! And that's why I will do as much as I can afford or get sponsored for.

Yes. I took the CMRA racing school and began my qualifying requirements over the weekend. Got my number.

I had been recieving lots of encouragement to go further and afforded the opportunity to take the next step and start racing.

But hey, I can already see that it can get really expensive to do it the right way. Damnit!! And that's even without crashing!

It's a blast! And that's why I will do as much as I can afford or get sponsored for.

That is awesome dude! Why the HELL have we not seen any videos or photos of you on the track? ......i'm waiting!

That is awesome dude! Why the HELL have we not seen any videos or photos of you on the track? ......i'm waiting!

Well, I have intentionally NOT been using a camera - yet. Every now and then some other rider may have me in their GoPro...but I'd have to dig a little bit to find it. I have been looking for photos from this weekend because I saw a photographer snapping shots of me coming into sugar & spice corner from pit straight.

Eventually, I will put on a camera.

Funny thing is: A friend wants me to do an endurance team race next month at TWS.....and I will. Funny part is, it's on a ninja 250!! But hey, it's always fun on a motorcycle and I'll ride anything. Skill level has to be up on a smaller bike to carry corner speed, etc., so it will be fun and I will learn the track and get the race lines on sat before the sunday sprint races on a different bike. :tup::sport12:

So after this thread was posted I managed to meet one of the owners of Arizona Motorsports Park. Seemed like a good guy, and told me the story of how they were shut down for a year fighting with the local government knuckleheads who are trying to shut them down because one of the guys on the council lives near the track and doesn't like the noise. Irony is the homes were built after the track and the track is on unusable land because it is next to Luke AFB which has jets taking off that are 3 times as loud as the bikes. So, now you need to go out before your track day and get your bike/car sound certified at less than 94.0 db.. He also said you can't just come out there as an individual, you have to come out with a club/company track day because they have their own separate insurance.

Arizona Motorsports Park

Below are some of the organizations in AZ that run track days

Aztrackday

XCEL Trackdays | XCEL Trackdays

And I met one of the organizers of the group down in Tucson. They are a new group, but he seemed very enthusiastic and helped me a lot during our advanced rider course.

Revolution Trackdays - Motorcycle Track Days in Arizona

congrads man have fun and i second the idea for some videos

Does anyone have insurance on their bikes to cover a track crash? I have two track days lined up on the FZ in the near future. I put "extra" insurance on the bike to cover a crash. I plan to get a dedicated track bike at some point but the extra funds for basically a giant toy that has zero usability other that screaming down a track are difficult to justify.

Does anyone have insurance on their bikes to cover a track crash? I have two track days lined up on the FZ in the near future. I put "extra" insurance on the bike to cover a crash. I plan to get a dedicated track bike at some point but the extra funds for basically a giant toy that has zero usability other that screaming down a track are difficult to justify.

Some insurance companies cover "learning" events others don't. Check with them.

Rule of thumb, never track more than you can afford to total.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Back