Should I buy? New to Fz series

Looking to buy a FZ1 I found on Craigslist. The bike is a 2006 Fz1 with a euro front end conversion and 3908 miles for $5,800.

I believe this is a one owner bike taken care of by an older fellow who really kept the bike clean. Obviously this sounds great, but are there any existing issues with the '06 model I should be aware of? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I bought my 2014 brand new as a hold over in 2016 for 6500.

I bought my 09' with 1,200 miles on her 3 years ago for $5,100 bucks. I feel that there are better deals for later model FZ-1's out there if you look. Just my two cents.

06's had throttle snatch at certain RPM's...Ivans ECU flash fixes that...

Thanks guys, I will see what I can get the price down to along with keeping in mind that I may need an ECU flash fix. The low mileage is what I liked about it most. He has a few add-ons that I am assuming he is trying to get all his money out of. Not many other Fz1's in my area without 30k miles

Thanks guys, I will see what I can get the price down to along with keeping in mind that I may need an ECU flash fix. The low mileage is what I liked about it most. He has a few add-ons that I am assuming he is trying to get all his money out of. Not many other Fz1's in my area without 30k miles

Just remember that a Flash is gonna set you back a couple hundred dollars right there. Bolt on parts, to me, are not going to justify that kind of price. Not for an 06' anyway. In the end though, the bike is worth what someone is willing to pay. These FZ-1's come up all the time. Keep looking and you'll get yourself a later model with low miles, that's ready to ride and enjoy.

Check the frame for cracks too. Some of the 2006 and 2007 models had some issues. It's usually on the weld near the front of the bike.

That price is way too high for a 2006. Like others have suggested, I'd look for a much later model.
They come up all the time and are similarly priced, if not cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Way too high. That's about a $4000 bike. That's definitely a case where the owner has overvalued his bike. Some people seem to think that add on's add value to the bike which is just not the case. The FZ is a great all around bike though and better deals can be found. Be patient as it's just the beginning of the riding season.

Yeah I paid 5k for a 2012 with 8k on it. Even if it has that low of miles you will need to do dated work to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back