seat questions

Right, kids here we go Im not much of a forum person but have been reading and watching for a while now and have spent some time reading and learned a thing or two anyway to the point. Had my gen 2 'n' since may now and I bloody love it shes just about everything I like in a bike but there is one thing that is causing a bit of a problem .................the pillion seat .My Wife doesnt find it very comfy its quiet small and slopes fowards a fair bit .So Ive fitted a rentec rack so she has something to hold onto when I brake and a triboseat grippy doo dah but its still not too good tbh .Now I was looking at an fz1s today and the rear seat pad looks bigger and is slightly built up at the front ,are they different ? and if so will the 's' seat pad fit the 'n'? The other thing on my mind is do the two share the same subframe because the 's' I saw today looked as if the seat unit was more horizontal than my 'n' ?Im thinking I could fit the plastics from an 's' along with the seat pad and do away with the rack which fits very close to the seat pad and restricts movement .Ive asked the same question on the uk forum but havent had any answers but it is a quiet forum so Im hoping I might get an answer on here .Hope all this makes sense and thanks in advance folks

Hi there & welcome
Not sure they share the same subframe as the s model has grab rails , so weather the fixings are under the plastic I Dont know ,,, some one else may know more ,, I think the pillion seats differ for the above reasons , you may want to look into a top sellerie seat or the like

I second the top sellerie. Top of the line for sure. Made it possible for ne to toyr in comfort. Before i was miserable. I got both the pilot and pillon thanks to a very generous forum member

I'm using an Airhawk on top of the stock FZ1n pillion seat. It doesn't provide anything in terms of helping you stay fixed on the bike, but it does make longer rides much more comfortable.

In terms of not moving during braking, TechSpec grips on the tank and both driver+passenger using more leg grip really helps.

I also wish I knew what the differences are between the rear seat on the naked vs faired. All rack mounting systems say they're only for faired which makes me think there must be a difference, but I don't want to buy a rack system and find out that it doesn't work because I have a naked bike.

I'm using an Airhawk on top of the stock FZ1n pillion seat. It doesn't provide anything in terms of helping you stay fixed on the bike, but it does make longer rides much more comfortable.

In terms of not moving during braking, TechSpec grips on the tank and both driver+passenger using more leg grip really helps.

I also wish I knew what the differences are between the rear seat on the naked vs faired. All rack mounting systems say they're only for faired which makes me think there must be a difference, but I don't want to buy a rack system and find out that it doesn't work because I have a naked bike.

Ive just fitted a rentec rack advertised for an fz1n ,well if it was for the 'n' Rentec need to go back to the drawing board I had a right carry on fitting it had to modify it and the seat to make it fit .The grip doo dahs on the tank wont really do much as its not me moving its our lass sliding into me ,I might give an air hawk or simillar a try and see how we go :)

I have a Top Sellerie seat fitted to my FZ1S and stomp grips fitted to the side of the fuel tank…comfy as, and the wife loves the pillion seat on the odd occasions she's not on her bike. I'm touring the Great Alpine route east of Melbourne first weekend of October which is about 1200km in a weekend. That will be the first real test over the usual 200km trips I do without stopping...which have been just fine and so much better that the standard OEM seat.

Back