RZ 350 Kenny Roberts Edition

Thats a dirty little buger under all that shiny yellow. Do you know what year of r6? what size is the rear tire on the bike now? I think my buddys 08 r6 has a 180 on it.

You bet Tony . . . . I will be happy to get you some stinky, oil fouled, EPA failing exhaust !! I can slip the bottle right over the aluminum (can) tip. (see the pic)

BTW, I joined the RZ350/RD350 forum and they have a mod that uses the R6 front end, and the R6 swingarm, wheel and of course the very powerful R6 brakes. Just unbolt and save the stock (for reversing the conversion) parts, and install the R6 stuff. They have the swingarm modification all figured out and man does it look killer . . . .
VERY tempting option . . . . . maybe this coming winter if I still have it in the stable. :sinister:

I hope you have a LOT of kerosene buddy, your gonna need it! I'd give that ride the "once over" any time!! Nice work there pal.

Kerosene/MAN

I hope you have a LOT of kerosene buddy, your gonna need it! I'd give that ride the "once over" any time!! Nice work there pal.

Thanks, Billy, I do in fact have 5-gallons of the kerosene for cleaning and, I have 2-gallons of paint thinner and 2-bottles of engine GUNK.

My plan is to cover the electronics and the carbs/filters with plastic (waterproof) bags with zip-ties before hosing her down with the kerosene and then rinsing everything off in the driveway. I use a pump-up sprayer to apply the degreaser. Works very well. Blow dry/towel dry.

I have a ton of work to do on the plastics, but these are not nearly as neglected as the ones you had to clean! I also have some work to do on the fork sliders (pitting) and the wheels (road grunge), and the chain is awful looking . . . .yuk

But, I am here to tell you that you're welcome anytime to come and ride the little rice-rocket ! I am trying my best to get her clean enough to "PASS the BILLY" test !! Hey, you don't use real white, linen gloves to inspect with , , , do you?

Pics of some of the bolts that I cleaned today. Also, before and after of the tail fairing and the shift linkage.
More to come . . . ..!

R6/mod

Thats a dirty little buger under all that shiny yellow. Do you know what year of r6? what size is the rear tire on the bike now? I think my buddys 08 r6 has a 180 on it.

stretch, She is a dirty little bugger , , for sure. . . . . I am not sure just yet about the R6 model required for the mods. I do know that the R6 swingarm has to be cut down, then re-welded in a jig of some sort, the sprocket must be machined out and moved to line up with the front, and on and on. It's been done, and they do use the R6 wheels which are much larger and wider that stock RZ wheels.

I don't know at this stage if I even want to go that route. It does sound interesting, but, also time consuming and very expensive too ! :jaw drop:

Nice job Gary! The shifter and tail section look brand new now, and that hardware! I have a bunch of nuts and bolts to send you pal. I don't need them for anything but they may as well be clean! Hahaha!!! Keep up the good work. I hope your cold is subsiding. My back is feeling much better today! I should be "back" to normal by the weekend!

You bet Tony . . . . I will be happy to get you some stinky, oil fouled, EPA failing exhaust !! I can slip the bottle right over the aluminum (can) tip. (see the pic)

BTW, I joined the RZ350/RD350 forum and they have a mod that uses the R6 front end, and the R6 swingarm, wheel and of course the very powerful R6 brakes. Just unbolt and save the stock (for reversing the conversion) parts, and install the R6 stuff. They have the swingarm modification all figured out and man does it look killer . . . .
VERY tempting option . . . . . maybe this coming winter if I still have it in the stable. :sinister:

I bet that it would handle great with that R6 suspension. That's really where the biggest gains have been made since the RZ was made. Tire and suspension technology has advanced a lot. Sure modern bikes have a lot more power also, but on the street (or a tight twisty section of road) handling and light weight are your friends ;)

RZ-mods . . .

I bet that it would handle great with that R6 suspension. That's really where the biggest gains have been made since the RZ was made. Tire and suspension technology has advanced a lot. Sure modern bikes have a lot more power also, but on the street (or a tight twisty section of road) handling and light weight are your friends ;)

Exactly what I have been hearing Tony. The suspension upgrade and the unlimited tire choices are almost worth the cost, and the effort, to change things out. PLUS, , , the fact that it all can be reversed if it needs to be returned to stock.

If you transplant R6 suspension consider gussets for the frame. Because the ends will not longer flex that force transfers to the frame. The RZ is a pretty good frame it is not rock solid like today's bikes.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Forgot, , , , poooo

I forgot to snap some closeup pics of the naked RZ today!! I got started with the kerosene and soapy water this morning and basically bathed her completely in the stuff. In fact, the shop floor was so slippery (during the cleaning session) it was hard to move around without slipping! ouch . .. .

She was a dirty little bugger under all that plastic as was mentioned before . . . VERY grimy, and, had blobs of road tar and dirt, mixed with YamaLUBE and chain lubricant and ALL that was stuck about everywhere underneath.

I covered the electrics and the carbs before starting to keep them dry, and worked about 8 hours today scrubbing, detailing, brushing (with kero)--- anything and everything !! Made a HUGE improvement and she actually looks respectable now. But, I failed to get the pics that I wanted. (left the camera at home . . . . .) I will be cleaning the plastic parts, seat, footrests and brackets, and some other, misc. bits and pieces in the coming days. I'll get some up close pics of them before and after.

She is at the speed shop now getting her carbs removed for soaking and should be in pretty good shape and raring to go in a few weeks.

I had them order: :deal:
New battery (gel-cell)
New tires
New chain (O-ring or x-ring)
New sprockets (-2, stock rear)
New K&N airfilters
New brake pads
New lines and hoses as needed
New spark plugs

I am having them do:
Fresh oil change
Flush 'n fill the radiator
Flush 'n fill the brake fluid front and back
Flush 'n fill the front forks
Compression check
Rebuild/synch the carbs
Clean and inspect the YPVS, rebuild (new gaskets) if needed

I get to do ALL the cleaning, and riding . . . . :sport12:
:woot:

It will sell for less than the one Norm and I found in Florida!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WOW!! The bar has been raised .. . . ..

Gosh, , those two examples are absolutely gorgeous.

Tony, I have the ebay one (actually two of them) on my watch list. I will guess, (if it sells) it will bring 6250.00
Btw, there are over 1,600 parts and accessories on ebay for the RZ/RD series.

Eric, obviously he won't sell his prize RZ. SHOW only. . . no go . . .
It's eye candy that causes me to drool , , ,,, but, what if he would sell it? WHAT would that bring?? MMmmhhhhhhh , , ,, ,,

I have a no intentions of doing a FULL blown restoration on mine. At my age, I intend to ride it regularly. Have some fun with it. Then, perhaps sell it and let someone else ride and enjoy it !! :woot:

I have a no intentions of doing a FULL blown restoration on mine. At my age, I intend to ride it regularly. Have some fun with it. Then, perhaps sell it and let someone else ride and enjoy it !! :woot:

Put me on the potiental buyer's list. I'll start saving the $1,000,000 now. ;)

Yamaha : RZ500 Yamaha : RZ500 | eBay

Any of you got 15K? If I had it, I'll buy that in a heart beat!

Bike looks nice, but the fact that it's not titled in the US is keeping away the buyers. It's been relisted a couple of times because it hasn't generated many bids. IMHO even if it already had a clean US title it would be only worth $12-13k tops...

Gosh, , those two examples are absolutely gorgeous.

Tony, I have the ebay one (actually two of them) on my watch list. I will guess, (if it sells) it will bring 6250.00

Gary I have the feeling the one with only 5 miles will bring serious money, but eBay can be a little unpredictable at times. I'm guessing it should fetch somewhere in the $8-9k range.

Back