RZ 350 Kenny Roberts Edition

Look what followed me home today . . . .!
The empty spot just inside the barn is where she was covered up. I got all the original parts, the original pipes (heavy), the tool kit, spare cans with new, never used decals for them, and , , , a new condition owner's manual and a YAMAHA RZ350 service manual too. I got three keys (one original YAMAHA) and a clear Indiana title. Plus, I also got all the service records he had, and many of the original YAMAHA parts numbers reference lists.

It was a deal . . . . . I just couldn't pass it up. She isn't running yet, but . . . . . . . :woot:

That's awsome!! I was never a big fan of the yellow ones, Kenny sig or not, but that is worth a few bucks for sure!! Looks in very nice shape.

If I came across one of those I would leave my car parked on the street, buy it on the spot, and push it home if I had to.

Last edited:
That's awsome!! I was never a big fan of the yellow ones, Kenny sig or not, but that is worth a few bucks for sure!! Looks in very nice shape.

If I came across one of those I would leave my car parked on the street, buy it on the spot, and push it home if I had to.

Thanks Lee. That's exactly what I did. I knew he had it and when he told me this morning he was ready to sell, I said I wanted it. He said what he wanted for it and I said SOLD !! I said is cash OK ? BOUGHT it on the spot . . .

I am actually ashamed of what I paid for it. I nearly STOLE it for sure. 8^)

Thanks Lee. That's exactly what I did. I knew he had it and when he told me this morning he was ready to sell, I said I wanted it. He said what he wanted for it and I said SOLD !! I said is cash OK ? BOUGHT it on the spot . . .

I am actually ashamed of what I paid for it. I nearly STOLE it for sure. 8^)

I have buddy who would cream his jeans if he got his mitts on that bike. He had a 83 white blue and red, that he traded in so that he could buy his girlfriend the bike that Justin just bought from me.

Gary I really hate you right about now! :justkidding:

Congratz on the RZ. It looks to be in very nice condition that's for sure with relatively low mileage, I remember you had said a while back that you had your eyes on one. I want one, but kind of gave up for now as I haven't been able to find a decent one at a reasonable price. I do have my eyes on something else ;)

Thanks Tony. You are right of course. I was keeping an eye on it but didn't want to pressure him. I just about fell over today when out of the blue he walked up to me (in the BMW shop there in Linton), and said what he wanted for it. I was giddy ! I figured he would want 2K or more for it. The price he gave me was MUCH less !! :jaw drop:

Now, , , to get it running !!
Btw, is the engine the same or similar to the Yamaha BANSHEE engine? If so, there are a ton of cheap, plentiful, parts out there !!

Dang, I sent my post out to quickly Tony. I meant to mention to you that he has a 13T sprocket on it and that will run the mileage up faster. The stock sprocket is a 17T I think, and that is a huge drop down !! If that is true I got a feeling that the miles are somewhat lower than what is on the clock. I don't know what the stock set up is off-hand, but will be reseaching this soon. :cheers:

Great find Gary, good luck sorting it out. The dealership I purchased my Bonneville at has a number of mint classic bikes on display year round and I was drooling all over the same exact bike sitting on the showroom floor. The other cool thing they do there is once a year they host The Modern Classics Bike Show. Collectors from all over the area bring in bikes for the show. I could hardly focus on my deal with that going on in the background.

If anybody in the area can make it there this Saturday I would highly recomend it I went last year and was lost for hours. I cant make it this year very disapointing.

Modern Classics Home | Martin Motorsports | Boyertown Pennsylvania

Thanks Peter, I too love drooling , , , and just looking all the 'classics' over at shows like that. So much to look at, it is indeed hard to focus sometimes! Your new Bonne is gorgeous. The British bikes look so cool with their classic (naked) lines and the sound they emit, , , , is just awesome.

I do hope to start sorting her out this weekend and I can't hardly wait to get her screaming again . . . . heh,heh
:cheers:

Dang, I sent my post out to quickly Tony. I meant to mention to you that he has a 13T sprocket on it and that will run the mileage up faster. The stock sprocket is a 17T I think, and that is a huge drop down !! If that is true I got a feeling that the miles are somewhat lower than what is on the clock. I don't know what the stock set up is off-hand, but will be reseaching this soon. :cheers:

I would have guessed that bike had a cable driven speedo off the front tire. thats a awsome bike!

Thanks Stretch !! You might be right about the cable driven speedo . . I will look at it and see if it's ECU drive or mechanical. I really don't know. I am reading up on these little rice-rockets but there is soooo much information !

This afternoon, I sat on it awhile and it seemed so light and small to me. Almost like a dirtbike. Narrow and tall. I bet it's a blast in the twisties . . . .8^)

Thanks Craig ! So far I really am liking the little yellow bee !!
Hey, I just got to thinking. I know where I can take it to get it completely detailed and polished to perfection. The BRONX, NY and my friend Billy !! He does wonderous work on these YAMAHA'S and he will be needing a new project soon. Whadya think Craig , , , do I call Billy and check his schedule??

Look what followed me home today . . . .!
The empty spot just inside the barn is where she was covered up. I got all the original parts, the original pipes (heavy), the tool kit, spare cans with new, never used decals for them, and , , , a new condition owner's manual and a YAMAHA RZ350 service manual too. I got three keys (one original YAMAHA) and a clear Indiana title. Plus, I also got all the service records he had, and many of the original YAMAHA parts numbers reference lists.

It was a deal . . . . . I just couldn't pass it up. She isn't running yet, but . . . . . . . :woot:

I hate you!!!! :stirpot:

Thanks Amevl, Seeing some of the guys finding these wonderful track bikes and rescuing their 'racers' of the old school got me to looking around. I would ask friends if they had one or knew of one and wala , , , one pops into view !!

I really appreciate all the "thanks" --from everyone !! You guys are all GREAT !!! :thewave:

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
Someone suggested I put this in it's own thread. Since I don't know which header to post it under, I'll start it here and perhaps the moderator(s) can move it if need be.

This is what followed me home after I finally got the owner to price it to me. And yes, it really was in his barn, all covered over. He had owned it since 1988 and it was last running in 1998. (It still has the 1998 plate on it). Never down or damaged it has almost 14K on the clock and a few aftermarket parts installed. The cleanup begins now and the starting issues will be next !

Here are the pics of her trip home.

I would have guessed that bike had a cable driven speedo off the front tire. thats a awsome bike!

Thanks Stretch !! You might be right about the cable driven speedo . . I will look at it and see if it's ECU drive or mechanical. I really don't know. I am reading up on these little rice-rockets but there is soooo much information !

This afternoon, I sat on it awhile and it seemed so light and small to me. Almost like a dirtbike. Narrow and tall. I bet it's a blast in the twisties . . . .8^)

Gary, stretched is correct about it being cable driven off the front wheel so changing the sprockets on it doesn't affect the speedometer/odometer. Still 14k miles is very low for that bike.

And maybe I missed it, but what year is it? 84 or 85?

Back