RZ 350 Kenny Roberts Edition

Now, , , Utah, that is a great question ! But, your FZR is gorgeous and should not be jealous . . . In fact, it looks simply fanatastic and probably goes like lightning . .!

Now--To the RACE:

As far as head to head, , , are we talking about a standing start 1/4 mile?
Or, a flat out 2 mile run?
Perhap's a timed run through the curves of the 'Tail of the Dragon'. Once each direction on US129 should do it . . .. I would be all tired out by then?! Of course, the "loser" buys the winner a 'survived the DRAGON' tee-shirt.

Are we talking about title for title ? Or, ,, , bragging rights. . . .
:justkidding:

I will bet you, that either way we do it, it would be a ton of fun !! Just like the good 'ol days . . . .. .. Ahh, I can smell the Castrol tainted exhaust wafting though the air as I type this. . . . . . .:woot:

I agree, It would be a ton of fun. Of course it would have to be for the bragging rights:box:, As I am sure neither of us would want to part with our babies. I wish I could buy every old Yamaha there is!!! I still remember the days when King Kenny ruled...

Those were the days . . ..King Kenny !! He was the KING indeed. . .
My first Daytona 200 was in 1978, and King Kenny lapped the field not once, not twice, but three times on his way to victory !! On his 'victory' lap he wheelied the length of the main-straight-away while waving to the crowd and then rode a stoppie down pit road. I was sunburnt, tired, and sore from all the riding, walking, and gawking I did that year. But man, was that so much fun. I can't remember (that was long ago) for sure, but the crowd numbered about 250K. And, the crowd was located just about entirely in the city of Daytona proper. I also remember riding my Honda CB750 up and down the beach, taking in the sun, gawking at the girls, and avoiding the fuzz . . . .:woot:
It wasn't nearly as BIG then as it is now. . . .. my,, , how times have surely changed.

Utah, let me get the ole girl running this spring and I'll plan on meeting you at the DRAGON this summer for a brisk trip through the countryside!! heh,heh :cheers:

Now, , , Utah, that is a great question ! But, your FZR is gorgeous and should not be jealous . . . In fact, it looks simply fanatastic and probably goes like lightning . .!

Now--To the RACE:

As far as head to head, , , are we talking about a standing start 1/4 mile?
Or, a flat out 2 mile run?
Perhap's a timed run through the curves of the 'Tail of the Dragon'. Once each direction on US129 should do it . . .. I would be all tired out by then?! Of course, the "loser" buys the winner a 'survived the DRAGON' tee-shirt.

Are we talking about title for title ? Or, ,, , bragging rights. . . .
:justkidding:

I will bet you, that either way we do it, it would be a ton of fun !! Just like the good 'ol days . . . .. .. Ahh, I can smell the Castrol tainted exhaust wafting though the air as I type this. . . . . . .:woot:

:popcorn: :cheerleader: :woot:

RZ-Change?

After viewing the hot-rod R1 dirtbike video I got to thinking . . . . why not?
WHY not ? indeed. The little RZ350 would make a "killer" dirtbike !! Lightweight, tall seat, decent ground clearance, mono-shock, yeah , , ,
I just ordered:
knobby tires front and back
bead locks for the rims
aluminum skid-plate
lower chain gard
handle bars w/cross brace
handle grip gards
72T rear sprocket
oversized airfilters
smaller, plastic fuel tank with large overflow tube
metal headlight grill
and,
a complete set of FOX, off-road/MX racing, decals from ebay !!

Now, I got to get her cleaned up and ready to run. Then, it's off the MX track to kick some KLR butt !! :woot:

WHY not ? indeed. The little RZ350 would make a "killer" dirtbike !! Lightweight, tall seat, decent ground clearance, mono-shock, yeah , , ,
I just ordered:
bead locks for the rims
aluminum skid-plate
lower chain gard
handle grip gards
72T rear sprocket
oversized airfilters
metal headlight grill
and,

Now, I got to get her cleaned up and ready to run. Then, it's off the MX track to kick some KLR butt !! :woot:

Good thing you were kidding, or the RZ club of America probably would have taken out a contract on you.:cuss:

I just ordered:
bead locks for the rims
aluminum skid-plate
lower chain gard
handle grip gards
72T rear sprocket
oversized airfilters
metal headlight grill
and,

Funnay man. :nono: You had me for a second there too. I was all about to drive over to IN and have an intervention! LOL :hellno:

RZ350 today

Today was better. The head cold I have has me throttled back, but not stopped me yet! The sore throat is the worst part.
I found a place in Terre Haute, (the local KTM dealer), that will clean (boil?) the carbs, check the top end, decarbon the head and pistons while they are in there and then, sync. the carbs and get her running !! They can even top-end it for me if we decide it's neccessary. Won't know about that for a couple of weeks however.. . . . .

I spent the afternoon stripping all the plastics off her and began the general cleaning process in ernest. ALL I got cleaned today were the many fastener's that seemed to be piled everywhere. Of course, I sorted and tagged them for future re-installation. Here are some of the pics from today's progress.

Of course, I had to sit on the frame and make rinnng, dinnng, dinnng noises after I got the frame exposed. My helper (she's 9 years old and very fat) also got a ride.

Well I'm pretty sure the FZR400 would give the RZ350 a good beating, but the one thing it will never have is the sound of a two-stroke ;)

There is nothing like a two smoker. I have owned an rd250, KH400, H1500,
H2750, GT380 and a few dirt bikes including the fearsome CR500. There is nothing like the rush of a 2 cycle engine. Of all the bikes I have ever wanted I have always come up short on getting the elusive RZ350. :cheers:

2-stroke odor's . . . . .

Just being honest Gary ;) Can you bottle a little of that two-stroke exhaust and send it my way once you get that bike running :D

You bet Tony . . . . I will be happy to get you some stinky, oil fouled, EPA failing exhaust !! I can slip the bottle right over the aluminum (can) tip. (see the pic)

BTW, I joined the RZ350/RD350 forum and they have a mod that uses the R6 front end, and the R6 swingarm, wheel and of course the very powerful R6 brakes. Just unbolt and save the stock (for reversing the conversion) parts, and install the R6 stuff. They have the swingarm modification all figured out and man does it look killer . . . .
VERY tempting option . . . . . maybe this coming winter if I still have it in the stable. :sinister:

Back