Just ten minutes ago I got a text from the coater Sean. The parts had already left the oven! I'm picking them up tomorrow after work. Should have the new rearset bushings here from Partshark in a couple of days. Sean didn't feel comfortable putting them in the oven with the heat and all so he pressed them out for me first. Here's the first look at them............

IMG-20170331-WA0003_zps4wp3zkgd.jpg

This is his company if anyone in the NYC area is interested in having work done.......

Gotham_zpsutjt2vor.jpg

He also does Hydro Dipping

Can't wait to see them on the bike! Looks great on the hangers!

Thanks Eric. Once I got there this morning, he showed me the color samples done on some pieces he had and I decided against the satin black. It was just too shiny. I'm glad now that I went with the flat black. Matches the bike much better. I'll have better photos tomorrow after work.

Parts were picked up today after work. They came out great. Very happy with the service. New bushings are on their way for the rearsets and will be back on the bike soon.

IMG_20170401_165110_zpsmw2t5stl.jpg

The carbon fiber heel plates are going to look killer once mounted.

IMG_20170401_165743_zpsrxsyfrb8.jpg

Parts were picked up today after work. They came out great. Very happy with the service. New bushings are on their way for the rearsets and will be back on the bike soon.

IMG_20170401_165110_zpsmw2t5stl.jpg

The carbon fiber heel plates are going to look killer once mounted.

IMG_20170401_165743_zpsrxsyfrb8.jpg

Shoulda left the heel plate area silver...makes the carbon fiber stand out better in my opinion...i left mine silver...

I'm liking the all black color on the rearsets. The only thing that will be silver is the shift rod and a couple of engine case screws. Got the hardware sprayed this morning. Once dry, I'll be able to get the passenger foot brackets on the bike. Thursday when the new bushings arrive I'll press them in and hopefully be on the road next weekend!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Looks great. Drop a PM next time you're coming through Northern Westchester and we'll go for a ride or have a beer. I live in Chappaqua; usually ride with my two other suburban-dad buddies who are on a Thruxton R and a Tuono Factory. We usually ride in Putnam/Dutchess/Rockland/Orange, or head over and do the Sharon-Bash Bish-Millerton loop.

Looks great. Drop a PM next time you're coming through Northern Westchester and we'll go for a ride or have a beer. I live in Chappaqua; usually ride with my two other suburban-dad buddies who are on a Thruxton R and a Tuono Factory. We usually ride in Putnam/Dutchess/Rockland/Orange, or head over and do the Sharon-Bash Bish-Millerton loop.
Certainly will. I usually do the Route 22, route 121, 116 to Purdys, then back down 22 to home, stopping at the Swan deli for breakfast. It's a nice Sunday morning loop I do. I'll let you know. Thanks.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

New bushings, washers, and shifter cushion arrived today. Looks like I'll finally be riding this coming weekend! Bushings already in the freezer to sit until Saturday morning to be pressed into the rearsets. Can't wait. I'll post some pics when she's all back together with the blacked out parts.

IMG_20170406_180534_zpsfokg1ubv.jpg

Is he out of work yet? :waiting: :popcorn:

View attachment 24093

He is.....unfortunately since I no longer have run of the house as I did before, I need to wait until morning. Before the other tenants moved in I was able to do as I pleased but that's no longer the case so to be respectful I'll wait till the morning to putz around the garage. I know it sucks but the lady is old and well, you know how that goes. Soon buddy soon!!!

Back