Rear set removal Gen II

ghetto_d

So, I'm looking to do some more part swapping between one of my R1s and the FZ1; more specifically, I'm aiming to put together some hybrid rear sets. The Right rear set on the FZ1 has me a bit puzzled as to how it comes apart - eg: just how would I remove the foot peg from its bracket? It looks to have a rivet that would have to be destroyed? Anyone wanna look at theirs and give me their 2 bits? I know some one has to have put aftermarket pegs on theirs...

I removed the peg and chucked the stud of the bracket in a drill. Take a die grinder with a 3" cutting wheel and grind straight down onto the shoulder weld connecting it to the stud as it's spinning on the drill. It took all of 10 seconds for it to release off the stud. I then lowered the pegs with some 1/4" steel and R6 peg rubbers and obtained about 3" of leg room.003.jpg

I removed the peg and chucked the stud of the bracket in a drill. Take a die grinder with a 3" cutting wheel and grind straight down onto the shoulder weld connecting it to the stud as it's spinning on the drill. It took all of 10 seconds for it to release off the stud. I then lowered the pegs with some 1/4" steel and R6 peg rubbers and obtained about 3" of leg room.View attachment 21928

how do those R6 peg pads feel? better (firmer) than the fz1 pads? main reason i'm looking to replace the pegs is to get a more sure footing down there.

Back