Pyro's Twisted Texas Tour '12

Cool! Just wait till the ride, Sunday morning early - no sounds but a group of FZ1 growling through and no traffic!

:welcome:to the addiction!

Sounds great! Tentatively count me in for that. I saw mostly Harleys out there, unfortunately. It will be nice to have FZ1 on display...

I say tentative because I have to confirm a conference in Vancouver that begins that same Friday, but lasts a week. I think I can go to both! So hell, let me say YES. I'm in for some scenery, comaraderie, etc. & a pack of FZ1's!

I'll most likely meet up at Canyon Lake Daisey Dukes on Friday night, if that plan still stands.

Last edited:
Sounds great! Tentatively count me in for that. I saw mostly Harleys out there, unfortunately. It will be nice to have FZ1 on display...

I say tentative because I have to confirm a conference in Vancouver that begins that same Friday, but lasts a week. I think I can go to both! So hell, let me say YES. I'm in for some scenery, comaraderie, etc. & a pack of FZ1's!

I'll most likely meet up at Canyon Lake Daisey Dukes on Friday night, if that plan still stands.

LOL
Trust me!!! I bet the guys still want to meet at Daisy Dukes ;)

Interesting....I am on the "other forum" and we are planning our 2nd annual THC gathering that same weekend. The date is firm, and I am waiting for the lodging location to firm up to make reservations. Last year, we were at the D"Rose in Leakey, but last I checked, we are looking into Camp Wood as well. Hope to see all of us there!

I'm new to the area (and this forum) but I'd love to meet up and go riding with you guys. Possibly even before april. I'm out every weekend it's not 40 degrees or raining anyways, but not knowing the area particularly well yet, riding with some knowledgeable folks would be a pleasure.

Interesting....I am on the "other forum" and we are planning our 2nd annual THC gathering that same weekend. The date is firm, and I am waiting for the lodging location to firm up to make reservations. Last year, we were at the D"Rose in Leakey, but last I checked, we are looking into Camp Wood as well. Hope to see all of us there!

"Other" forum?? :)

Would be great if the schedules coordinate. Stay in touch - I may have extra lodging space depending on a couple of people talking about going with us.

I think a lot of us spend time on both forums.
Hopefully as plans become more solid - we can kick this idea around and set something up. Even if both groups want to stay separate - I think it would be cool to at least meet each other.

Last edited:
I think a lot of us spend time on both forums.
Hopefully as plans become more solid - we can kick this idea around and set something up. Even if both groups want to stay seperate - I think it would be cool to at least meet each other.

Yeah, show up somewhere with like 20 FZ1s in the lot. :) That would be a good photo.

No 7 On My Alarm Clock For Sundays

Hill County Motel in Camp Wood is booked up for the weekend. Woodbine Motel, on 55 (Main Street) in Camp Wood still has a few rooms and, if they fill up, don't forget there is another motel just a few miles up TX55 in Barksdale.

Nueces River Motel
(830) 234-3648
Tx-55 & Taylor St, Barksdale, TX 78828

NOTE: Just found out (2/8/11) someone named "Sarah" is doing the Spring Three Sisters Rally on the same dates and they will RON at a campground south of Camp Wood. Evidently, she does a Spring and a Fall Three Sisters Rally and has done so for a few years. That's all I know.

Something else to keep in mind. Do you eat regularly?

Manuels Tacos, across 55 from the Woodbine motel, opens early and closes mid-afternoon but is closed Sundays.

The BBQ place on 55, south of the Woodbine has closed up but, no loss, as 2 Fat Boys BBQ, is a favorite of mine.Say "hello" to Chug for me. It's on 337 and is on your right as you enter Camp Wood. They're still open Thursday to Monday from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm

It's hard to get good info on what is open or what the hours are but old data on websites suggests they may be 4 or 5 more to choose from but there is no telling how many are still open or whether they will be open if you arrive late. The economy is taking its toll on small businesses in Frio and Nueces Canyons.

Manuel's Tacos
PO Box 227
Highway 55
Camp Wood, TX
(830) 597-4300
Open: Mon-Sat 7AM - 2:30PM

NOTE: I just talked with La Gerenta de Tacos de Manuel, the Boss Lady, and told her there will be three motorcycle rallies based out of Camp Wood on the weekend in question and asked her if she would open up for Sunday morning. No decision yet but she says she will get back to me and I will update as necessary.

Hamburger Heaven
Located between the car wash and Trading Post.

B.J.'s Cafe and Sweet Shop

Breakfast,
Lunch,
Steaks,
Deli,
Shrimp,
Fajitas,
Angus beef burgers,
Ice cream,
Home-made Pastry

107 Nueces St (Hwy 55/Main Street)
Camp Wood, TX 78833