Pyro's Twisted Texas Tour '12

I thought I would throw out something to keep this thread moving and show everyone some info about this part of Texas. Maybe even nudge of the people who are on the fence. (All you have to do is take one - maybe 2 days off work - still time to switch schedules and get people to cover for you) :D
Found some good - short articles on the Roads we will be driving and things associated with it.

Here is the website:

Motorcycle Riding in the Texas Hill Country

Hiways 335 - 336 - 337

Motorcycle Riding in The Texas Hill Country

Vanderpool, Tx & Leakey, Tx

Motorcycle Riding in the Texas Hill Country _ Vanderpool and Leakey, Texas

Lodging in the area: I would check with Pyro before you book seperate accomidations. The 3 of us who went last year all agreed that the Sunday morning ride was the best - by far. We were literally the only 3 on the road.....because we stayed way out in the sticks and got up early ....... We had a 2 or 3 hour head start on everyone else. So I really recommend Camp Wood but here are some other places if you want other options:

Motorcycle Lodging and Camping in the Texas Hill Country

Last edited:
It's getting close!

Update on rooms. I have reserved 5 rooms at the Hill Country Motel (same as last year) for Saturday night. Here's the deal. They have 2 beds a-piece. It seems there are a lot of riders going out there so there aren't many vacancies.

I need to know for anyone going and needing a room if you are willing to double up if need be.

Please post up if you are confirmed going on this ride, and need a room, and if you are willing to share.

Pyrogenic (me) - confirmed - will share

Also, if you are interested in meeting us at any of the 'official' restaurants on Friday night, Saturday morning, or Sunday night, please let me know and I will attempt to plan ahead and let them know we are coming. It MIGHT make a difference; who knows?

I need to know for anyone going and needing a room if you are willing to double up if need be.

Please post up if you are confirmed going on this ride, and need a room, and if you are willing to share.

Pyrogenic (me) - confirmed - will share

1.) Pyrogenic (me) - confirmed - will share
2.) Haileyan (Brad) - will share
3.)

No doubt. What was that super silky chocolate that Jeff got? It was form Peru right?

P.S We should swing through Austin this time. Get a picture in front of the state capitol building. There is some really good food there too! ;)

Brad - I have an idea for this detour - lets leave out earlier on Friday and go through Austin and hit the Willow City Loop, then back to Canyon Lake for Daisy Dukes?

It starts at Willow City - just North of Fredericksburg. Check out the edited map.

We could hit after, but that would make Sunday a very long day!

Last edited:
Brad - I have an idea for this detour - lets leave out earlier on Friday and go through Austin and hit the Willow City Loop, then back to Canyon Lake for Daisy Dukes?

It starts at Willow City - just North of Fredericksburg. Check out the edited map.

We could hit after, but that would make Sunday a very long day!

That sounds perfect to me. I have done that loop in the car. It is a nice scenic cruise.

Last edited:
Just so you know I am tentatively planning to head to Albuquerque, NM Sunday after our morning ride. I am going to spend a few days with my dad and stepmother and do a day trip though tthe Jemez mountains, visit Bandelier. Los Alamos and then Santa Fe. Then head back coming through the North west side of Texas. I may even stop through Brownwood if you are going to be around later that week. carl.

Just so you know I am tentatively planning to head to Albuquerque, NM Sunday after our morning ride. I am going to spend a few days with my dad and stepmother and do a day trip though tthe Jemez mountains, visit Bandelier. Los Alamos and then Santa Fe. Then head back coming through the North west side of Texas. I may even stop through Brownwood if you are going to be around later that week. carl.

Hey that sounds great Brad!!! Would love to hang out. We can head over to Underwoods and get some BBQ. I have plenty of room if you need to crash also.

I might make it, depends on track days.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

We need to meet up and all do a track day. Maybe meet somewhere in the middle? Well for me I will drive further but maybe Texas World Speedway?
Hope you make it to Pyro's ride. We had a great time last year and I bet this year will be even better :cheers:

Update - Adjusted map - we will meet for lunch in Lockhart on Friday, cruise up through Austin to Willow City Loop then back to Canyon Lake for dinner at Daisy Dukes.

-

Brad - you're still going to make it up to Mini-Stonehenge on Sunday before heading to New Mexico, right????

3.)

Ok. Put me down for Sat night too. I want to make that Sunday morning run around the loop.

3.) fz1yb (Frank) - will share

1.) Pyrogenic (me) - will share - (Houston)
2.) Haileyan (Brad) - will share - (Houston)
3.) fz1yb (Frank) - will share
4.) ThePopularJock - -(meeting at Canyon Lake)
5.) P. Bruton - - (meeting at Canyon Lake)
6.) H. Sepulveda - - (tentative) (Houston)

Back