Power Commander V

Not sure, but you can always use Excel to average the 10% and 20% values into the new 15% column and imported back.

I wonder how the software fills in that column? Does it split the difference? I'll carefully examine the 15% area and weigh the values to see how this is derived. If I don't like it, I can change it or, go to the Duken Stage III map that is not smoothed.

Who here is running a Stage III setup on a PC V and what map?

Of concern... I will be installing to a modded airbox, K&N air filter, modded flies, AIS removed, gutted CAT and Two Bros slip-on.

I wonder how the software fills in that column? Does it split the difference? I'll carefully examine the 15% area and weigh the values to see how this is derived. If I don't like it, I can change it or, go to the Duken Stage III map that is not smoothed.

Who here is running a Stage III setup on a PC V and what map?

Of concern... I will be installing to a modded airbox, K&N air filter, modded flies, AIS removed, gutted CAT and Two Bros slip-on.

Not an answewr to your question, but, Before I installed the FCE, I had the same setup that you will be running once you get your cat skinned. I tried several of the maps. I liked Duke's maps but I had my best results from the "NixonFZ1" map. It's a PCIII map that you'll need to convert.

If I remember the story right, this guy spent something like 4 or 5 dyno sessions getting this map tweeked. Several on the "other" forum run it and like it. I have an AEM air/fuel monitor and the Nixon map is closest to keeping a decent A/F ratio (Pre-FCE). IMHO, it would be worth taking the time to convert the Nixon map and try it.

Phil

Not an answewr to your question, but, Before I installed the FCE, I had the same setup that you will be running once you get your cat skinned. I tried several of the maps. I liked Duke's maps but I had my best results from the "NixonFZ1" map. It's a PCIII map that you'll need to convert.

If I remember the story right, this guy spent something like 4 or 5 dyno sessions getting this map tweeked. Several on the "other" forum run it and like it. I have an AEM air/fuel monitor and the Nixon map is closest to keeping a decent A/F ratio (Pre-FCE). IMHO, it would be worth taking the time to convert the Nixon map and try it.

Phil

Awesome Phil! Do we have a copy of that in the maps thread here? Or is it in the Duken pack? I'll find it. Thanks!!!

Awesome Phil! Do we have a copy of that in the maps thread here? Or is it in the Duken pack? I'll find it. Thanks!!!

I think it's somewhere in Duken's map pack. I downloaded it from a post at the other forum. If you can't come up with it, I can e-mail it to you.

Found it Phil. It was the HFD1 Stage II map. I found a post from Duken that stated this was once known as the Nixon map. I imported the one without an FCE.

The PC V arrived today. It did come with the O2 sensor plug. :D I connected it, downloaded the 1.8.8 firmware and flashed the unit to current. The HFD1 map is imported and ready to roll. It's supposed to rain for the shorter part of eternity here so God only knows when I'll be able to go out and test any one map let alone several. I'll probably get it installed tomorrow. Maybe the rain will let up enough Sunday for a few passes down the road. ;)

CAT is gutted. Power Commander V is installed. O2 Sensor is unplugged and the bypass plug is installed. Map is loaded.

The mid pipe for my two bros was looking VERY crappy so I took a scotch-brite pad and brought it down to a shiny silver. Then I took out the high temp matte black and gave it a dust coating every 10 minutes until it was covered then two more coats for good measure. Once that cures, I'll install the Two Bros back on the bike.

The forecast is terrible for the foreseeable future so who knows when I'll be able to get some runs with the map or try others.

Also reset the SpeedoDRD and then set it to -05.2% to try PapaGeno's setting and see if I have any stuttering with a close correction.

Without the slip-on, the bike starts and purrs (LOUDLY) so I know everything is in place and ready to ride.

Help me out here Mother Nature! :D

Pcv

Just ordered a PC-V from motomummy, still $270 shipped, great deal! Ordered it for a 09, I've got a 07 So hopefully instillation is straight forward! I've removed my flies and blocked off the ais, There is a serious lag in throttle response and bogging through midrange, If the PC-V doesn't correct it, might have to get the ivan's flies.

Just ordered a PC-V from motomummy, still $270 shipped, great deal! Ordered it for a 09, I've got a 07 So hopefully instillation is straight forward! I've removed my flies and blocked off the ais, There is a serious lag in throttle response and bogging through midrange, If the PC-V doesn't correct it, might have to get the ivan's flies.

PC V for an '09 will fit properly on your '07 so you should have no issues there. And yes once you remove the 'flies you need a PC V to add additional fuel...

Don't forget to set the throttle open and close positions.
Not quite sure what you mean here. I have an 08 with ECunleashed flash and am about to install a PCV. Gonna load the bike up and take it straight to the dyno after I install it.

I've installed pc V + autotune this week.

My pc V comes with o2 optimizer, so since I've installed autotune I plugged o2 optimizer to the stock o2 plug but there isn't more stock o2 sensor. Then 1 connector of o2 optimizer is free because the new o2 sensor is directly wired to autotune. Is this ok?

I'm not sure if with autotune installed is worth to have the o2 optimizer installed.

Also yesterday ordered lcd-200 to follow whitebeast way and learn about f.i.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds correct. How does the bike run?

It runs a little rough. When start from 0 there is a hole around 2k rpm but after that there is a big difference in power gain.
The fuel cut is more notorious now. So with the lcd-200 I also ordered a FCE.
My doubt is if I need to keep the o2 optimizer installed or remove it and fill those cells afected by o2 optimizer by my target AFR ratio

It runs a little rough. When start from 0 there is a hole around 2k rpm but after that there is a big difference in power gain.
The fuel cut is more notorious now. So with the lcd-200 I also ordered a FCE.
My doubt is if I need to keep the o2 optimizer installed or remove it and fill those cells affected by o2 optimizer by my target AFR ratio

Once you take the plunge and get the LCD-200 and Autotune device, you need to go to MAP based tuning and you will find what has been blamed on fuel cut, is something all together different. It all tunes right out.

Tuning it yourself is easy now that you have the tools.

Beast

Once you take the plunge and get the LCD-200 and Autotune device, you need to go to MAP based tuning and you will find what has been blamed on fuel cut, is something all together different. It all tunes right out.

Tuning it yourself is easy now that you have the tools.

Beast

Could you recommend me wich map sensor should I get

Since we're talking Power Commander, I have considered getting a PCIII for my 919. I'm not really looking for more power but the stock 919 is apparently quite rich and the PCIII maps from DynoJet try to remedy this. People say it improves response and smoothness as well as other benefits

Is it really worth the $275 investment?

Whittlebeast? :)

PS. 919 is completely stock & will stay that way.

Last edited:
Could you recommend me wich map sensor should I get

We have had the best results using the stock MAP sensor. The wire you tap into is in the PC5 jumpers. I also tap into the speed sensor to be able to calc gear, speed and acceleration. Power for the PC5 and Autotune come from the tail light power supply.

Beast

i'm trying to download a map from DJet's site and my computer shows me this message:

C:\Users\6415~1\AppData\Local\Temp\M22-015-005-1.PVM

The application did't found

Does anyone know why?
Just to inform u,i don't have a pc-v to my bike yet....i just want to see how a map for pc-v looks like.....
do i need to have a pc-v to my bike so i can open the map?

Last edited:
Since we're talking Power Commander, I have considered getting a PCIII for my 919. I'm not really looking for more power but the stock 919 is apparently quite rich and the PCIII maps from DynoJet try to remedy this. People say it improves response and smoothness as well as other benefits

Is it really worth the $275 investment?

Whittlebeast? :)

PS. 919 is completely stock & will stay that way.
If you are going to leave it stock,I wouldn`t bother other wise you may find yourself doing other mods like exhaust,air box than a dyno for a start.

So it's not really worth the money just to have the stock bike with better fuelling. I guess if the modified maps take some fuel away, it will also improve fuel economy and throttle response.

I've attached a snap of the map DynoJet created for the stock 919. Seems to be a lot of fuel being removed. Apparently the Honda FI system also richens the bike up a great deal the higher the temperatures get

Last edited:
Back