Power Commander V

T84A

I'm getting ready to order one for my 08. In another thread, it was posted to order the model for an 09 since Dyno Tech recommends the PC III for the prior years. With that said, when I go to get maps, should I also use the maps for an 09? Thanks

I'm getting ready to order one for my 08. In another thread, it was posted to order the model for an 09 since Dyno Tech recommends the PC III for the prior years. With that said, when I go to get maps, should I also use the maps for an 09? Thanks

That is correct...get the PC V for the '09-10 model and it will fit all the way down to the '06 model. As for the maps...they are more mod specific. The year of the bike really has nothing to do with the map.

I don't know much about the Power Commanders, other than they allow you to change the electronic fuel injection mapping to better fit the mods and make the engine run better (squeak out the best power, etc.)

Does anyone know why the PC5 is only suggested for the '09 and up? I also thought I'd read somewhere that the PC5 has a few more features, but most people won't use them and the PC3 has more maps to choose from. Any thoughts on that? I'm sure this has all been discussed in another thread, but I'm feeling lazy and just want a nutshell type of answer. :doh2: Thanks.

BTW: WTF happened to the PC4? :wilynily:

Does anyone know why the PC5 is only suggested for the '09 and up? I also thought I'd read somewhere that the PC5 has a few more features, but most people won't use them and the PC3 has more maps to choose from. Any thoughts on that?

BTW: WTF happened to the PC4? :wilynily:

I assume they recommend the PCIII for the 06-08 bikes because they still have old stock to sell. The PCV works fine and offers advantages for ALL years.

The PCV has a feature that converts PCIII maps to PCV maps so you can use any PCIII map in your PCV.

The only advantage at this point that the PCIII has is price, especially on the used market.

When researching PCV part numbers, I noticed the 2009-2010 bikes call for 22-015 and the 2011-2012 bikes call for 22-030. What is different on the 2011-2012 bikes that requires a different PCV?

The only difference is the base map included with the power commander.

I wondered about this myself. I'm prepping to get the PC V soon. Also working on a spare stock header so I can keep my stock CAT intact and gut the spare. I'm going to work with whittlebeast's smoothed map sets and any tweaks will be from his starting points.

What's the difference between the pcs of these different bikes? Connectors? Or is it more complicated than that. Just curious cause I noticed guys swapping and modding other parts on the forum, wonder if someone has given it a try.

What's the difference between the pcs of these different bikes? Connectors? Or is it more complicated than that. Just curious cause I noticed guys swapping and modding other parts on the forum, wonder if someone has given it a try.

Not really sure of any internal differences, but yea the connectors are different between the different bikes. Not something that can easily be rewired and why take the chance in frying the ECU if you rewire it wrong after getting the proper connectors.

That is correct...get the PC V for the '09-10 model and it will fit all the way down to the '06 model. As for the maps...they are more mod specific. The year of the bike really has nothing to do with the map.

I have an 06 FZ1, and I am looking for the PC-5 but can';t find it, now I just saw your reply, the 09-10 model will fit the 06?

-TIA, Carlos.

After the research i did here and on OA , i bought a PCV for an 09 , just reloaded the map w/stage 3 and :) what a difference. the way the bike should have come.

Back