Power Commander V

Just ordered mine from Motomummy... $270.00 shipped! :D I've already downloaded the software, installed it and have many maps saved local.

Happy Father's Day to me! (Early!) Thank you to my love, Michele!

Cobalt, where did you find s/w here or DJ's site ?

P.S. I called MotoMummy this morning, they are out of stock, so won't get them till at least late next week....:cry:
-thanks

Carlos, I got the software from DJ's site then raided the maps from here. :D

I don't know if mine was in stock or not, I just placed the order and hope they can fill it sooner than later. Maybe I got the last in-stock 22-015? ;) Just checked and their site just says the order is pre-approved. I'll check back and see if that changes in the next day or two.

Last edited:
yeah, i was trying to get it by the weekend, really pushing my luck. oh well, just going to be another track day without the pc-v....

thanks for the info, at least i can get familiar with the s/w in the mean time.

I checked on that today and it still hasn't shipped so they were selling items they once again had no stock to sell. I'm in the Carlos batch. :D I *hate* that their web site doesn't list items os out of stock or back ordered.

I could have called Indy Superbikes and had them beat the Motomummy price and they also have free shipping. Too many days into this now and it's not that I absolutely need it to ride so I'll sit on this and wait.

Online ordering is becoming a pain. I may just start calling and asking about inventory and shipment timing. Also pit pricing against each other. I wonder what price IndySuperBike would have "beaten" them with while still shipping free?

I'd be upset if I was in a rush but.... ;) Besides, just got word that my slightly used stock header is on the way so it will be here about the same time... maybe next weekend will be Power Commander and gutted cat weekend! I will just set aside the headers coming to me and gut what is on the bike.

I will try a few maps on there and see what I like. It will be nice to have a smooth running tuned machine.

So... I've been putting some pressure on Motomummy. There is one thing I hate when dealing with online orders... "Shipment Deception" This is where the vendor has a stack of his FedEx (or UPS) account slips and assigns a tracking number, sends it to you and then does not actually ship. Last week, they responded to the friendly inquiry and said "This is part of an incoming shipment and will be sent in a couple of days." Had they been honest, it would have shipped by Friday.

Tuesday, another friendly inquiry asking when it will be shipped. Less than 1 hour later, they update the order as "Complete" and tack on the tracking number.

This morning, the tracking number, as expected, is not yet recorded at FedEx meaning this number was given but they still don't have the product so I sent this to them:

Order 69### - You provided a shipment tracking number yesterday. We also have ready-made FedEx slips at work as well and can provide our customers a tracking number but not ship the products. I can see that FedEx has no record of a shipment with that number so yesterday, to simply "appease" me, you provided the number for the slip that will "eventually" track a package and, in fact, did not ship anything. If FedEx doesn't show "actual package progress" today, please cancel the order because this means you still do not have these in stock. This is still not customer service, this is customer deception.

From FedEx:
"Not Found"

No information for the following shipments/FedEx Office orders has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service.
Tracking no. 9#############9

When a vendor does this type of thing rather than just straight-up tell me the truth, which I can better deal with, they loose a ton or respect from me as a consumer. Deceiving your customers will not get you repeat business. This was only the second time I've ordered from them and neither has been a great experience. From now on, I'll use their low prices to put an order in at Indysuperbike where they also have free shipping and will beat anyone's price.

Now we know why their mascot is "something dead" huh??? ;)

Yeah, Motonummy. They are in Round Rock just north of Austin. I've found they have very good prices but that is about it.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

When a vendor does this type of thing rather than just straight-up tell me the truth, which I can better deal with, they loose a ton or respect from me as a consumer. Deceiving your customers will not get you repeat business. This was only the second time I've ordered from them and neither has been a great experience. From now on, I'll use their low prices to put an order in at Indysuperbike where they also have free shipping and will beat anyone's price.

Now we know why their mascot is "something dead" huh??? ;)

Unfortunately Eric this is much "standard" practice by the majority of vendors these days. Nobody stocks anything anymore. And by the way the "trick" of completing your order and providing you with a tracking number is probably done so your credit card can be charged...

Yeah, Motonummy. They are in Round Rock just north of Austin. I've found they have very good prices but that is about it.

I guess I just got lucky that they had the parts in stock when I ordered from them in the past...

Tony, part of their claim to fame is the size of their facility, single point of shipping and amount of inventory they keep. Yet when you order, they never seem to have it in stock. I think they keep universal items in stock but specific items are what they order after the fact. Or, their entire claim of huge inventory is a ruse and the pictures on their site are manufactured or taken from a place they don't own.

This is quoted from their "About Us" page:

We stock nearly all of the products we sell. That isn't to say that at times we don't run out or have to order things in, but we are not a drop ship company. We ship 99.99% of all products out of our Austin, TX facility. When you look at our return labels they will nearly always be from our facility and our company. We like to have hands on knowledge of our products and be able to offer a service behind them. If you're ever in the Central Texas area be sure and stop by, we would love to meet ya'll. If you can't take the Texas heat though, we understand, and hopefully we'll see you on the forums.

I just checked again and now see a shipment status at FedEx where it should be at my house on Friday. Finally, progress. The tracking shows activity for yesterday though and when I checked this morning, FedEx had nothing but now it shows it was picked up at 3:32pm in Round Rock, TX on the 29th. I may have been a bit more harsh n them than I should have, but I'm only going on information I have available. It seems that FedEx was the "overnight" culprit because they failed to update their system in a timely fashion.

This still does not excuse Motomummy from not keeping their customer informed. At least it is now on the way! Two weeks... :(

Yeah, this seems to go on more than not - I'm apparently in same situation with the Yosh full system I ordered from JC Motors.....

Indicated to be in stock and order has yet to ship or update from last Friday.....

Rain is slated for Sunday so it looks like a good day for modding. I got the spare header in the mail yesterday (Thanks Cory!!!) so I can now gut the cat on the bike where this one will be shelved as my backup. I can install the PCV and set it up with a Stage III map for testing.

I'm going to try whittlebeast's smoothed stage III. I believe that is a PC III map that I'll be importing. Any input on what will be "auto-filled" in the new columns for the imported version???

I'm going to try whittlebeast's smoothed stage III. I believe that is a PC III map that I'll be importing. Any input on what will be "auto-filled" in the new columns for the imported version???

Not sure, but you can always use Excel to average the 10% and 20% values into the new 15% column and imported back.

Back