Photo Tips, Tricks and techniques

Thanks guys!

I really wanted a Danbo .... but I'm not willing to put out [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Revoltech-Danboard-Yotsuba-Amazon-co-jp-Version/dp/B001R23RS2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314624730&sr=8-2"]that kind of cash[/ame] for a photo prop.... the damn things are just soooo photogenic though...

today was a rough day....

A rogue trooper decided to start killing loyal troopers....
Although when he cornered this trooper, he didn't know that he his reign of terror was about to come to an end by way of a knock to the head....
IMG_6413.jpg

With the assassin knocked out... the two friends regained their composure... and decided what to do with the rogue...
IMG_6423.jpg

so... they bagged the head of the assassin to protect the location of headquarters and walked him back for questioning...
IMG_6429.jpg

Once back to HQ, they used certain methods of interrogation, that while the Dark Side didn't condone them... they couldn't argue with the results....
IMG_6437.jpg

Yep might have to get a camera and start a new hobby. Thanks Guys lol. Amazing photos btw they are way better than the ones I get with my cell camera and I don't know why. :confused0024: JK knowhow, equipment, and talent in this area is something I don't have lol

There are lots of people on the Stormtrooper's Flickr Group that are using point and shoot cameras.... but... this is my set-up..

2011-08-30_14-15-47_413.jpg

Having the flash off-camera helps to create "Dramatic Lighting" .... but.. a point and shoo would work pretty well...

Hey Aaron, did you ever think of doing that thing where they take a shot, move them a little, take another shot, move them, and so on and then make on of those movie clips from it? I can't remember the technical name for that?? That would be cool!

Wow... been a while since I posted anything... let's get some new stuff up....

So... we had our kid.

John - Hat by Trovatoam, on Flickr

Like... almost 4 months ago... above is from the day he was born, here's what he looks like now:

Gypsy Hill Park by Trovatoam, on Flickr

He's a big headed little monster....

I've still been finding time occasionally to do some of the more experimental stuff... like popping water balloons....

Balloon Pop! by Trovatoam, on Flickr

Had a lovely Christmas with the family....

home for Christmas by Trovatoam, on Flickr

Christmas John by Trovatoam, on Flickr

wore out the cats....

So Le-Tired. by Trovatoam, on Flickr

and of course, spoiling the boy rotten to make him the coolest kid on the block....

IMG_6080 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

I even found time to do a family photo back in November....

IMG_5805 by Trovatoam, on Flickr

Any of you other camera junkies been shooting anything?

oh... and Billy... since you were talking me into doing a stop-action.... not with the Stormtroopers... but here you go:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3otuqECyz-k]Kitchen Fun - YouTube[/ame]

Someone posted this on Two Wheeled Texans. I thought it was very cool. I had no idea you could do exposures that are several hours in length.

Night Photography: Finding Your Way In The Dark - YouTube

most DSLRs have 'bulb' capability by using a trigger device or laptop, then the issue becomes battery life, but you can also run the camera and accessories off of a battery, too. then the issue becomes patience...

I've tinkered with long exposures and time-lapse sequences... fun stuff when you have the time

Celestial Swirl by sundevilstormin, on Flickr

Back